Verified:

crag Game profile

Aug 9th 2012, 17:07:52

id like to know in what world a reasonable defense is less than 10k tanks on 6k land. these reasonable defense formulas need to be fixed. i dont think my returns should be falling when they have so little defense.

id also like to know what we are calling reasonable defenses.
crag
TIE President

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 9th 2012, 18:01:55

in order to help figure out if this is intended or not, please pm myself/qz the countries involved (number), and server and we will have a look.
Note that your returns will pretty much fall at some rate (eventually) regardless of land/units except in some pretty extreme circumstances which I don't think are achievable..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 9th 2012, 18:59:20

If the NW difference between you and the target is getting bigger (as a result of his tanks and buildings dying, and your NW going up from you spending turns), you will get smaller returns.

If the target has less and less built land as you AB, your ABs will also obviously get less and less returns.

crag Game profile

Aug 9th 2012, 19:20:47

my nw was going up his going down. its 135 and 131 on express.

either way i think under 5k tanks on 6k land as it turned out to be is an unreasonable defense and should get better returns than 20 buildings. i thought the point of breaking them was to promote a reasonable defense that would then need to be broken. but an unreasonable defense that still needs to be broken is kinda stupid
crag
TIE President

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 9th 2012, 21:50:43

it still takes a number of hits to ramp up regardless of defence
Finally did the signature thing.

crag Game profile

Aug 10th 2012, 17:27:53

how many hits does it take to ramp up? 50 thats alot for near 0 defense.
crag
TIE President

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2012, 3:20:27

it slowly ramps from the first hit onwards

crag Game profile

Aug 13th 2012, 5:02:02

yea i think it needs fixing. when they have 0 defense its like 5 hits to ramp it up. if they have any kind of defense it takes like 50 hits even after they get down to like 5k units. so really all you need to do is get 5k units and your safe. i dont think that was the intention of this rule.
crag
TIE President

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2012, 15:16:08

its not the absolute tanks; it depends on the tanks:buildings ratio

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 15:19:46

Wait qz... so the damage multiplier is based on that ratio?

BR damage is based on Turret:Pop ratio?

So someone about to die to BRs and logs on to wall and just buys even 20k turrets will have a ridiculous ratio and damage to him gets reduced to minimum levels?

Rockman Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 15:30:59

http://forums.earthempires.com/...stop-fluffing-the-game-up

You need to stop assuming that they are trying to improve the game. Such an assumption requires them to be extremely incompetent.

The more likely explanation is that they are not trying to improve the game.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 14th 2012, 16:29:22

Rockman, stop always being so negative; we're trying to shake things up a bit, and improve some things; this formula was derived over some discussion with a number of warring people a couple years ago; implemented in alpha; tested; &etc;

the idea, as i said on there, is to reduce the damage the first few hits can make for suiciding &etc, but keep the kill length the same, BUT ALSO increase the usefulness of stonewalling and make warring more interesting

And yes, the announcement explicitly states that the ratio is important

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 16:51:08

Can you tell us roughly what number of hits it takes to fully ramp up damage?

It seems like the number is from as little as 5 hits (if the target has 0 defense), to as many as 50 or even 60, and this range is probably a bit too big.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 14th 2012, 17:26:10

well ideally it should peak about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way along

Rockman Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 18:43:02

Originally posted by qzjul:
Rockman, stop always being so negative; we're trying to shake things up a bit, and improve some things; this formula was derived over some discussion with a number of warring people a couple years ago; implemented in alpha; tested; &etc;

the idea, as i said on there, is to reduce the damage the first few hits can make for suiciding &etc, but keep the kill length the same, BUT ALSO increase the usefulness of stonewalling and make warring more interesting

And yes, the announcement explicitly states that the ratio is important

Most warring people have shown a dedication to incompetence and ignorance of how the game works. LaF is probably the place that best understands how the game works, yet we don't seem to ever be consulted when it comes to understanding whether or not a game change is balanced or unbalanced, and what some of the unintended consequences for a change are.

Relying on those who take pride in their ignorance, and refusing to ask those who understand the game is an example of extreme incompetence, or a willingness to mess up the game.

Your bias against LaF players is keeping you from asking those who understand the game best about the effects of changes. Maybe its not incompetence, or a desire to mess the game up, but just a blinding bias against LaF.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 2:11:14

Detmer's suggesting for killing was way better than this if that was your intent. I've saw tons of good suggestions go to the way side when stupid one's are carried out. Wth!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 15th 2012, 15:35:58

Detmers suggestion resulted in making it nearly impossible to kill though =/