Verified:

Watertowers

Mar 20th 2012, 17:17:01

.. is the worst political correctfest I have seen in a long time, especially when the FBI and DOJ gets involved despite the fact that they are usually adamant about their jurisdiction being limited to interstate crimes. Proves that political correctness is a cancer that has consumed most of the US.

And every report rants in the first sentence that the killer was "white", when he was actually about as white as the ace of spades. If they got that basic fact straight, it would be Hispanic vs Black, with a much less politically correct implication than White racist against Black. But the media needs something to rant about, and blaming whites with a black victim is their greatest forte.

Why would anyone kill someone in broad daylight after calling the cops if he really wanted to secretly do away with blacks?

Seems much more likely it was some sort of gang activity and turf wars between Hispanic and Black, something much more seedy and interesting in my opinion.

-Additional update added later-

And it appears that my main points has only gained support. Even many major websites are now pointing out the fact that the press have shamelessly used the innocent, black childhood picture of Trayvon versus the mugshot of a recent Zimmerman.

And it gets worse. Our president elected by political correctness jumped in and unsurprisingly defended the innocent black. I guess blacks needed to show their chauvinism to the black community; welfare just ani't enough.

Edited By: Watertowers on Apr 26th 2012, 2:05:54
See Original Post

Klown Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 18:37:19

?

Klown Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 19:10:00

http://www.usatoday.com/...n-shot-florida/53669448/1

This? The guy that killed him should go to jail for a long time for this... no doubt. However, I do agree that I don't see any evidence based on this article that it was racially motivated and that it is being sensationalized by the media as usual. More likely this guy is an over zealous idiot than a racist.

Ominix Game profile

Mar 20th 2012, 23:55:42

why even mention colour when it comes to these events? Can't they just say a youth, or a student, or a teen?

The media is part of the problem in the US, but the other problem is the people that don't tell their media outlets to put a cork in it.

Unfortunately this garbage attracts attention... it's sick.

Assassin Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 14:23:51

yes, the fact that the shooter used the words "f***ing coons" on one of the 911 calls clearly shows that this had nothing to do with race.

*boggle*

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 14:34:14

meh, another somebody done shot somebody love song, err, news report. you'd think they'd quit reporting them after the first hundred or two of the year were committed.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Klown Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 16:04:56

Originally posted by Assassin:
yes, the fact that the shooter used the words "f***ing coons" on one of the 911 calls clearly shows that this had nothing to do with race.

*boggle*

Where do you see that?

Mar 21st 2012, 16:24:31

"An online petition urging local authorities to prosecute Zimmerman has drawn more than 500,000 signatures at website Change.org."

"Sanford is a city in the central region of the U.S. state of Florida. It is the county seat of Seminole County. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 53,570. It is a principal city of the Greater Orlando metropolitan area, which was home to 2,134,411 people as of the 2010 U.S. Census." -- Wikipedia

why don't we just vote everybody into jail? i only saw it reported that he said "assholes", but we're probably not allowed to say fluffing coons, so who would repeat that on the news...

Klown Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 18:58:15

http://www.youtube.com/...xiTVU&feature=related

The supposed "fluffing coons" is around 2:20. I listened to it several times and I cannot determine for sure that is what he said. It may also be "fluffing punks". At any rate, based on the circumstances of Martin attacking Zimmerman, it is in my opinion not at all racially motivated, other than possibly his initial suspicion of the teen. It was definitely excessive use of force though, and the guy should be charged with something, but not murder.

Mar 21st 2012, 20:17:11

i'll let the courts sort it out. think the youtube video was edited.

Twain Game profile

Mar 22nd 2012, 20:51:27

But remember everyone, when Watertowers brings up issues of race, it's not because he's racist! He's just pointing out how the rest of us are being so politically correct!

Watertowers

Mar 23rd 2012, 5:00:45

I am not racist as I do not believe in the inferiority or superiority of any race.

Believing any race is inferior is as stupid as saying that bacteria is inferior to amoebas.

However, one can say that bacteria reproduce faster and have expanded to more biomes.

Mar 23rd 2012, 18:38:46

least people ain't rioting like they did over the Rodney King beating. or should i say yet.

Mar 23rd 2012, 19:34:47

wait a minute. that's the only shooting that accorded in Sanford Florida this year? no wonder they're shocked and broadcasting it all around the globe.

Klown Game profile

Mar 23rd 2012, 20:41:50

I expected MSNBC to blame Bush but instead they blamed Gingrich, Santorum and Romney. Classic.

http://www.breitbart.com/...20Trevon%20Martin%20Death

Mar 23rd 2012, 22:16:20

http://phillypolice.com/about/crime-statistics

think they should bring some political correctness up here, but they're probably too afraid of being shot.

UltraMarines Game profile

Apr 6th 2012, 12:51:39

I think its dumb they are trying to make this all about the Hoodie now...Media just blows everything way out of proportion and just speculates everything...

Terror Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 10:37:32

bacteria and amoebas are neither the same species nor use sexual reproduction, so it is not a good comparison. It would be better to compare orange house cats and black house cats. That is to say no important distinction exists, and they breed at the same rates as appropriate for the availability of resources.

Hneftafl Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 5:13:50

Here's the breakdown: if you want to do Neighborhood Watch, you can't take your gun. If you want to take your gun, you can't do Neighborhood Watch. You have to pick one, you can't have both. That's where Zimmerman effed-up. Now he has to live with his mistake, whether racist politicizers like Watertowers like it or not.
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

Pain Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 6:11:42

the issue here is not taking his gun with him on NW. its whether or not he killed the kid in self defense. there is no law prohibiting you from carrying on NW.

if he really was attacked, and was actually defending himself then having been carrying a gun would have been totally justifiable.
Your mother is a nice woman

Twain Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 12:29:26

Perhaps it's legal to have your gun when you're on neighborhood watch, but it's unwise.

I'm guessing there are two main types of personalities that tend to flock towards neighborhood watch leadership: 1) The paranoid, and 2) The alpha male wanna-be cops/vigilantes.

Not really in the best interests of anyone for either of those types of people to have guns and to be given any sense that they're justified in trying to act on their own.

Twain Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 12:30:31

Oh, and Hneftafl, don't forget....

Originally posted by Watertowers:
I am not racist

Hneftafl Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 16:30:42

I wasn't trying to say it's illegal to carry a gun on NW. It's against the NW guidelines, but Zimmerman was a self-appointed NW "captain" and I believe the lone NW volunteer in his area. All in all, he was behaving like a vigilante.

BigRedDog

Apr 25th 2012, 1:42:22

Originally posted by Hneftafl:
I wasn't trying to say it's illegal to carry a gun on NW. It's against the NW guidelines, but Zimmerman was a self-appointed NW "captain" and I believe the lone NW volunteer in his area. All in all, he was behaving like a vigilante.

the issue isnt even the fact he was carrying a fire-arm...the facts that we all know (for right now) are that he called 911 saying they have had break-ins in the neighborhood recently and he saw this kid out walking in between houses late at night (easy enough to say it can be seen as someone scoping a place out) he never mentions race until the 911 operator asks what he looks like, to which he replied "..he looked black.." the 911 operator continues to talk and asks zimmerman if he is following martin to which he says "yes" and then the 911 operator says "we dont need you to do that" (now this is where im confused...thats not the 911 operator saying go back to ur car, he says hey u aint gotta do that) then somewhere in between martin is shot and killed...

based off of that, (and yes i realize martin was on the phone with his gf before the shooting but her statements rly come down to...martin was being followed...we already know this...)i dont see where people get a)he racially murdered the kid or 2)he actually did murder the kid especially after u see the wounds zimmerman had on his head after everything went down...even if it was murder i never heard anythign that would lead me to believe it was due to race

Twain Game profile

Apr 25th 2012, 21:58:06

Big Red: There's two aspects of this that MIGHT be race-related (but aren't necessarily)

1) Did Zimmerman act because of race?
And
2) Did the police fail to make an earlier arrest because of race?

I don't know the answer to either, but it certainly looks bad when someone stalks after and kills an unarmed black kid, claims self-defense and then that person is not taken in to the police department pending an investigation. If they'd made an arrest and let the state's attorney make the judgment, there'd probably be no story here whatsoever.

BigRedDog

Apr 25th 2012, 22:07:02

Originally posted by Twain:
Big Red: There's two aspects of this that MIGHT be race-related (but aren't necessarily)

1) Did Zimmerman act because of race?
And
2) Did the police fail to make an earlier arrest because of race?

I don't know the answer to either, but it certainly looks bad when someone stalks after and kills an unarmed black kid, claims self-defense and then that person is not taken in to the police department pending an investigation. If they'd made an arrest and let the state's attorney make the judgment, there'd probably be no story here whatsoever.

yeah idk..1) i dont think so but again idk, to me it doesnt seem racially motivated...but i guess we shall see

2) yeah i guess, but the only thing is, it was pretty much zimmermans word vs a dead kid...i think the only reason this went to court is due to the outcry..i mean lets say even after this new investigation he hadnt been charged? more protests or worse things would of happened...

Twain Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 1:57:27

On #2, I tend to think if someone gets shot and killed, it shouldn't be up to the police to decide whether a crime was committed. It should be up to the state's attorney, and potentially a jury.

It's the state's attorney's job to determine if there is enough evidence to bring a case to trial. It's the officer's job to collect evidence and make an arrest.

Again, I think if Zimmerman was arrested and then the charges were dropped by the state, then this case doesn't become national news. But when an unarmed minor is shot and killed, you can't just let the person walk away, no matter what their story is.

Twain Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 1:59:09

Oh, and this is true regardless of race, but I think the national perception is that this was pushed under the rug (albeit very temporarily) because of the race of the victim.

Perhaps Zimmerman is a racist, or like Klown said, perhaps just an overzealous idiot.

Either way, chasing someone down and confronting them while carrying a gun usually isn't going to end well for someone involved.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Apr 27th 2012, 4:34:51

In reference to the original post. Zimmerman is white. Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race. You can have white Hispanics, black hispanics, mixed race Hispanics, native American Hispanics etc...
Smarter than your average bear.

Hneftafl Game profile

Apr 28th 2012, 11:58:25

Originally posted by BigRedDog:
the issue isnt even the fact he was carrying a fire-arm...the facts that we all know (for right now) are that he called 911 saying they have had break-ins in the neighborhood recently and he saw this kid out walking in between houses late at night (easy enough to say it can be seen as someone scoping a place out) he never mentions race until the 911 operator asks what he looks like, to which he replied "..he looked black.." the 911 operator continues to talk and asks zimmerman if he is following martin to which he says "yes" and then the 911 operator says "we dont need you to do that" (now this is where im confused...thats not the 911 operator saying go back to ur car, he says hey u aint gotta do that) then somewhere in between martin is shot and killed...

based off of that, (and yes i realize martin was on the phone with his gf before the shooting but her statements rly come down to...martin was being followed...we already know this...)i dont see where people get a)he racially murdered the kid or 2)he actually did murder the kid especially after u see the wounds zimmerman had on his head after everything went down...even if it was murder i never heard anythign that would lead me to believe it was due to race

I never said anything about race.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 14th 2012, 0:06:00

I'm Racist. I hate the Stupid People. The MORONS among us should all be hung like fruit.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

legionx Game profile

Sep 8th 2012, 6:03:29

Hmm

braden Game profile

Sep 8th 2012, 12:46:56

hmm, i would have said hispanic was a race.. but i mean, if you think about it, hispanic comes from romes hispania of the iberian peninsula.. and really whats the difference bewteen an eastern spaniard and a western frenchman?

(both of whom are lazy and don't shower regularly.. no racist, simple truth :P)

rangy

Sep 19th 2012, 21:14:35

i might be beating a dead horse here BUT the case went to court because the federal government found some level of negligence and an attempt to conceal evidence by the police precinct. Firstly,

1. The kid was reported missing by his parents the very same night of the murder. The parents told the police that their son was wearing an identifiable high school ring which the cops removed (HID in fact - a criminal offense) from his personal effects. The cops then went further as to tag the murdered kid as a JOHN DOE when in fact they knew the identity of the dead kid.

For goodness sake, this precinct is no high profile metropolitan Chicago precinct where you could easily lose a body or mistake someone's identity. fluffe man, the police knew who the kid was (he was polular) and the precinct officers tried to lie to the parents and to the federal government.

2. Rather than investigate the shooting through the right channels, the cops basically sent the killer home.

Imagine your kid getting murdered by some dumb f*** who can't even pass a police exam. some dumb f*** who could barely read and write and carrying around a gun.

rangy

Sep 19th 2012, 21:50:32

i might be beating a dead horse here BUT the case went to court because the federal government found some level of negligence and an attempt to conceal evidence by the police precinct. Firstly,

1. The kid was reported missing by his parents the very same night of the murder. The parents told the police that their son was wearing an identifiable high school ring which the cops removed (HID in fact - a criminal offense) from his personal effects. The parents also said that he had his ID on him. The cops then went further as to tag the murdered kid as a JOHN DOE when in fact they knew the identity of the dead kid.

For goodness sake, this precinct is not like a high profile metropolitan Chicago precinct where you could easily lose a body or mistake someone's identity. fluffte man, the police knew who the kid was (he was popular) and the precinct officers tried to lie to the parents and to the federal government.

2. Rather than investigate the shooting through the right channels, the cops basically sent the killer home.

Imagine your kid getting murdered by some dumb f*** who can't even pass a police exam. some dumb f*** who could barely read and write and carrying around a gun.

Sep 20th 2012, 9:01:53

can't. my imagination is busy with imagining an asteroid the size of Uran... err, Texas hitting the planet and whether or not there would be an appreciable drop of sentient life in the galaxy if it actually happened.