Be prepared to be called a racist!

Fooglmog Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 14:32:10

That's a bit of a racist comment.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Thomas Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 14:42:36

Expect widespread cuts. He wants to balance the deficit within 10 years. You can say goodbye to public funding, grants, and government jobs.

I don't know how else he plans to do it. He won't tell anybody.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 14:56:07

I hope you vote today Thomas! Go vote for your man!

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 14:57:51

One CBS news guy said, "...people are just hoping that someone is listening to them this time."

Very true statement, but I think that the people are also falsely hoping for this. While I distinctly believe that Romney is the better choice against Obama, I truly believe that a Constitutional Convention is the best choice for America.

The most fundamental needs of this country are to renegotiate the union, for the states to decide among themselves what role the federal government should truly have in this country, and then to make changes to the Constitution to achieve this renegotiation.
-Angel1

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 14:58:00

Originally posted by Thomas:
Expect widespread cuts. He wants to balance the deficit within 10 years. You can say goodbye to public funding, grants, and government jobs.

CORRECTION. HE CLAIMS TO WANT TO BALANCE THE BUDGET WITHIN 10 YEARS. YOU CAN'T TAKE WHAT ROMNEY SAYS AS HIS ACTUAL PLANS.

IN THIS CASE, I WISH YOU COULD. WE NEED TO CUT SPENDING, RATHER THAN CONTINUING TO STEAL FROM FUTURE GENERATIONS.

LIVE FREE!

HA!

SAM

trumper Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 15:17:56

Maybe you missed the memo, but both candidates are running on "real plans" to curb the deficit. Sadly many folks such as yourself continue to think we can continue spending at pace without any repercussion or that small amounts of cuts (aka simply to domestic spending) or small amounts of tax hikes will solve the problem: they won't. And this is why I find election season so heartening and disheartening all at the same time.

ZIP Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 16:26:13

Originally posted by Angel1:
One CBS news guy said, "...people are just hoping that someone is listening to them this time."

Very true statement, but I think that the people are also falsely hoping for this. While I distinctly believe that Romney is the better choice against Obama, I truly believe that a Constitutional Convention is the best choice for America.

The most fundamental needs of this country are to renegotiate the union, for the states to decide among themselves what role the federal government should truly have in this country, and then to make changes to the Constitution to achieve this renegotiation.

bad idea - i don't have the time to go into it right now - just bad idea.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 6th 2012, 16:42:58

For historical reference read up on France vs the Holy Roman Empire from 1500-1800... :P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Rockman Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 17:21:33

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

CORRECTION. HE CLAIMS TO WANT TO BALANCE THE BUDGET WITHIN 10 YEARS. YOU CAN'T TAKE WHAT ROMNEY SAYS AS HIS ACTUAL PLANS.

IN THIS CASE, I WISH YOU COULD. WE NEED TO CUT SPENDING, RATHER THAN CONTINUING TO STEAL FROM FUTURE GENERATIONS.

LIVE FREE!

HA!

SAM

Romney didn't say it in all capitals letters. Therefore, it is not true.

Also, he's a politician. He said it, therefore it is not true.

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 17:38:40

Originally posted by ZIP:

I'm willing to listen to the reasons why you think this is a bad idea, but I already know that this is an extreme action. There is a reason why the Constitutional Convention has NEVER been used before. We could quite literally risk the dissolution of the Union. That being said, I think that nothing short of a convention or at least the significant risk thereof can snap the federal government back to its intended and limited role in lives of ordinary Americans. I see the sovereignty of the states being stripped back bit by bit by the federal government. I see the federal government taking on a sovereignty that it was never intended to have. In our system the people gave the bulk of their individual sovereignty over to the states and the states in turn gave a small piece of that sovereignty over to the federal government. In this we are not one nation comprised of several states; we are several states comprising one nation. The system is critically out of balance right now. This inbalance cannot remain. There are two peaceful ways of restoring balance: either the federal government withdraws to its intended role or the states act collectively to redraw the boundaries and sure up their powers again. I don't believe the federal government is capable of backing away from what its taken. So between the remaining peaceful choice and at a minimum significant civil strike, I'd take the Constitutional Convention. The convention is a high risk option, but we have only high risk options. The best way to achieve a more permanent solution is to renegotiate the union in a constitutional convention. This would send a signal to the federal government that will reverberate for the next 223 years or more.
-Angel1

Syko_Killa Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 20:02:54

Civil War 2?
Do as I say, not as I do.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 20:27:52

Yeah, ppl with shotguns and revolvers going up against tanks, drones, aircraft carriers, and fluffroach spy drones. I don't see how anything could possibly go wrong for the civilians who just want their freedom back.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 20:28:11

fluffroach? really?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

CKHustler

Nov 6th 2012, 20:57:40

Angel, a constitutional convention is a bad idea because the people who are in power today are not there because they wish to limit the role of the federal government. A constitutional convention opens up the entire constitution to being changed, not just adding some ins and outs. Imagine say you have a majority of the people wanting to limit arms, who use that to compromise with another group who want to institute a poll tax. You have to take into account the people who would be changing our constitution vs who built it in the first place. It is not the laws that are the problem, but rather the vast power grabs being made around the laws. A constitutional convention will not fix that.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 21:01:37

I predict that Obama will win by a landslide.

A tiny, almost-microscopic landslide, but a landslide nonetheless.

Vic Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 21:59:10

Will be fun to revisit that comment, nuk.

hoping you are wrong.

Trife Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 22:21:11

I'm going to start my SUCK IT RELIGIOUS NUTJOBS/OBAMA VICTORY DANCE in a few hours!

woot woot

will be going down to the local republican HQ and be doing a few DX suck its :D

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 22:22:17

No trife... on Wednesday there will be a re-count and by the middle of December Romney will be named president...

Get it straight!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 22:34:38

dont they usually name people president in january

ahahaha gotcha!
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 22:37:04

Oh snap!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 22:43:35

im going to go bet a lot of people that when we wake up tomorrow obama will be president.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

LaFinglolrik Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 23:15:15

USA IS DOOMED!
PREPARE TO BURN IN HELL GLOBAL RAPIST KILLER fluffS!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 23:16:17

Originally posted by blid:
im going to go bet a lot of people that when we wake up tomorrow obama will be president.

I like them odds.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 6th 2012, 23:28:31

No what is racist is what I seen on my facebook timeline today.....
"I voted, I am black, he is black and so that is why he got my vote".....
Wow really?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2012, 23:30:19

Originally posted by galleri:
Wow really?

Galleri black people cannot be racist, it's impossible.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 6th 2012, 23:32:39

Originally posted by Requiem:
Wow really?

Come to Georgia....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

braden Game profile

Nov 6th 2012, 23:34:55

it is racist for white people to call any minority racist themselves.

Pain Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 0:30:15

Originally posted by Requiem:
Wow really?

Come to Georgia....

you missed his sarcasm? everyone knows blacks are just as racist as whites.
Your mother is a nice woman

Darakna Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 1:07:28

Seems to be his trend,

"I am going to do all these amazing things.."

"But i am not going to tell you how.."

I predict another war if Romney wins... he is Republican after all.

dex Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 2:47:57

Romney is not going to win. Even before today, he had less than 10% chance on Nate Silver's statistical analysis of the state polls.

With PA and NH slipping away to Obama, Romney's chances just nosedived.

Florida is neck and neck without the big democratic counties on the coast fully reporting yet. So Florida might actually be a win for Obama as well.

Most prediction I saw was Obama winning with 290-300+ EV, he's definately on track.

During the final few days of polling, Repubs were arguing the polls, and by extension Nate Silver's analysis were wrong. So far tonight, the polls have been pretty accurate.

The red states went red and the blue ones went blue.

Edited By: dex on Nov 7th 2012, 2:50:53
See Original Post

Helmet Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 2:53:38

Wow really?

95 to 97% of the votes from African Americans were for Obama in 2008. If you were ignorant about past elections you could claim that it's a race thing, but blacks are usually 90+% Democratic. I think Kerry got somewhere near 90% of the black vote in 2004.

Anonymous

Nov 7th 2012, 2:58:01

Down goes Romney! Down goes Romney!
Also PA and NH weren't even battlegrounds.

Edited By: Anonymous on Nov 7th 2012, 3:00:24
See Original Post

dex Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 3:01:42

Utah & Montana to Romney

Brokeback Momonism

Dissidenticn

Nov 7th 2012, 3:55:38

One thing seems to be true here...

Once you go black, you'll face a difficult decision as to whether or not you will go back.

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 4:27:40

Originally posted by CKHustler:
Angel, a constitutional convention is a bad idea because the people who are in power today are not there because they wish to limit the role of the federal government. A constitutional convention opens up the entire constitution to being changed, not just adding some ins and outs. Imagine say you have a majority of the people wanting to limit arms, who use that to compromise with another group who want to institute a poll tax. You have to take into account the people who would be changing our constitution vs who built it in the first place. It is not the laws that are the problem, but rather the vast power grabs being made around the laws. A constitutional convention will not fix that.

Um, the federal government doesn't decide who goes to the convention...that's kind of the point. State officials would be the one who decide who goes to the convention.
-Angel1

CKHustler

Nov 7th 2012, 4:47:48

True, but do you trust them to open up the entire constitution? State officials wouldn't be any better in most regards, especially since each federal rep is voted individually at the state level already and they are part of the problem.

A constitutional convention opens up everything and I don't trust this generation of Americans to protect freedom.

dex Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 8:30:22

Big news that's not being discussed is Puerto Rico has voted for statehood.

Congress has to approve.

Latino and conservative.

Should be a no brainer for Republicans. 2 extra seats in the Senate most assuredly. They control the house so they can force Obama, who won 70% of the Latino vote to sign it. But then I wonder about Who will win the debate in the GOP?

The shrinking base of rural white voters, or the reasonable moderate wing, or what is left of it.

If Obummer is smart, he'll take the lead and force the Republican's hands while they're still worried about a tea party insurgency since so many of their crazies went down in flames tonight and the remaining tea baggers are upset at Obama winning a second term and are already plotting to sabotage the American economy... again.

If a Dem spearheads this, it's like Lincoln freeing the slaves. Guaranteed brand loyalty for a few election cycles until the state grows less conservative/religious.

Edited By: dex on Nov 7th 2012, 8:34:27
See Original Post

madjsp Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 14:25:03

Wow really?

And there are people who voted for Romney because Obama is black. ONLY because he is black. Your point?
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 7th 2012, 19:47:50

Originally posted by Angel1:
Originally posted by ZIP:

I'm willing to listen to the reasons why you think this is a bad idea, but I already know that this is an extreme action. There is a reason why the Constitutional Convention has NEVER been used before. We could quite literally risk the dissolution of the Union. That being said, I think that nothing short of a convention or at least the significant risk thereof can snap the federal government back to its intended and limited role in lives of ordinary Americans. I see the sovereignty of the states being stripped back bit by bit by the federal government. I see the federal government taking on a sovereignty that it was never intended to have. In our system the people gave the bulk of their individual sovereignty over to the states and the states in turn gave a small piece of that sovereignty over to the federal government. In this we are not one nation comprised of several states; we are several states comprising one nation. The system is critically out of balance right now. This inbalance cannot remain. There are two peaceful ways of restoring balance: either the federal government withdraws to its intended role or the states act collectively to redraw the boundaries and sure up their powers again. I don't believe the federal government is capable of backing away from what its taken. So between the remaining peaceful choice and at a minimum significant civil strike, I'd take the Constitutional Convention. The convention is a high risk option, but we have only high risk options. The best way to achieve a more permanent solution is to renegotiate the union in a constitutional convention. This would send a signal to the federal government that will reverberate for the next 223 years or more.

a) The division of powers acts as a check on authority the same way that separation of powers does. Distorting that division by making one side (states) too powerful relative to the other will, by extension, hinder that check on authority. Seeing how the US culture seems obsessed with maintaining and even strengthening the limits/checks on government power, I do not see how this is a desirable approach.

b) Your argument is based on maintaining the status quo, or even "doubling down" on a constitutional framework that is over 200 years old and is widely considered by legal and constitutional scholars to be antiquated and not suitable for imitating
(even US Supreme Court Justices have said as much).
(source published in New York University Law Review, can be downloaded here : http://papers.ssrn.com/....cfm?abstract_id=1923556)

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Nov 7th 2012, 19:54:13
See Original Post

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 7th 2012, 20:00:29

um, it's probably just my xbox, but the abstract was not found. the US is living off the government, which is being paid by a minority of the population who are leaving simply to preserve their wealth. what powers?

dang chatpad defective x button.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 8th 2012, 6:23:01

no it isn't your xbox, I can't access it from home either. I was on my work computer when I posted that so they must have access to it.