Verified:

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 1:22:05

I am just curious if you fixed that obviously broken mechanic for this set. It is pretty clear that the punishment for 0troops/0tanks is too high as it stands now.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 1:32:19

oop AB's ftw

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 6th 2012, 2:02:57

no, not fixed; work is killing me, so i'm behind on my EE dev predictions again =/

i've only got the CLANS link + war ajax + mergers w/ Live and then i'll be good to swap over to my dev codebase and do some fixes
Finally did the signature thing.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2012, 2:08:12

u da man, man

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 2:10:06

war ajax?

Fair enough if you are busy :) Is there a chance that when you have the time to fix it you could put it in midset? It obviously affects the earlier portions more which might be missed but I don't see this being a change that would cause problems if put in. Thanks for the reply though!

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 2:33:28

u start with 100 troops?

iScode Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 4:24:52

na, i like it, get troops/tanks :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 11:15:51

silly netter, get defense.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

anoniem Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 11:23:09

really? just buy some troops and tanks >_>

1 troop gs or 1 tank ab is gonna hurt either way.

Edited By: anoniem on Dec 6th 2012, 11:26:03
See Original Post
re(ally)tired

diez Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 15:39:21

just buy defence noobs

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 19:17:07

It is a matter of how much damage it does. I believe it is simply too punishing. You should have more troops/tanks then that but if you don't it should take more turns than it does to wreck you. It was not me who payed for a dumb mistake like that though. Pretty sure I saw many Sanct countries doing no tanks no troops. It also is not very hard to get countries early on with too few of either.

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 20:32:35

LaF can't win so they complain about the rules. Typical

Rockman Game profile

Dec 6th 2012, 21:32:16

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
LaF can't win so they complain about the rules. Typical

They just got a triple crown, 8 top 10s, 53 top 100s, the individual country networth record, and the alliance networth record. I'd call that winning.

locket Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 1:50:49

Apparently we need to sweep the top 100 to be considered as winning now :P We need more players first though.

Bobby doesnt play but still complains a lot. Makes a lot less sense than having a polite discussion about rules while playing. QZ didnt seem to mind the topic.

bertz Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 2:15:05

I thought Bobby was in LaF?

and GayDiez sighting!

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 2:42:27

Bobby plays primary now. And enjoys trolling AT=)

Darakna Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 7:13:46

soon netters will be complaining about need turrets...

the game is fine, get over it. Only potential issue with AB's is the amount of CS's it destroys and how quick.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 8:36:08

Originally posted by Darakna:
soon netters will be complaining about need turrets...

the game is fine, get over it. Only potential issue with AB's is the amount of CS's it destroys and how quick.

Except you just complained about the exact problem the original poster did: 0 tank defenses destroys an disproportionate amount of CSes. 6 ABs can kill off about 90% of your CS, but only 20% of your other built acres. The % used to be proportionate for both (i.e both 20% CSes and 20% buildings died).

gradeA

Dec 7th 2012, 9:00:11

if you have 0 tanks you deserve to be ABed.

kthxquitwhining

davidoss Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 9:12:42

Originally posted by locket:
Apparently we need to sweep the top 100 to be considered as winning now :P We need more players first though.

Bobby doesnt play but still complains a lot. Makes a lot less sense than having a polite discussion about rules while playing. QZ didnt seem to mind the topic.

Pretty sure 53% of the top 100 is a majority.

locket Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 11:31:58

A majority isnt enough. You better get us up from this subpar performance.

Erian Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 11:34:53

100% is the only thing that is good enough!

Y-NoT Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 0:26:36

BattleKJ Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 14:22:33

locket you're in an alliance that provides its members with free 15mil troops. What the fluff are you crying about?

locket Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 16:07:02

KJ you are in an alliance with a fake woman. What the fluff are you yelling about?

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 16:55:20

THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! IS ADOPTING A NEW POLICY. ANY COUNTRY WE OBSERVE WITH ZERO TROOPS OR TANKS SHALL BE PUMMELED MERCILESSLY. THIS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE AND GOOD MANNERS. ALSO, BECAUSE NETTING AS ALL-X/RETAL-ONLY IS BORING AS fluff. ALSO, I DID NOT RUN THIS POLICY PROPOSAL BY THE COMMITTEE OF ONE SO TECHNICALLY THIS IS NON-BINDING, AND YOU COULD EVEN CALL IT A BONUS POST POLICY ANNOUNCEMENT, BUT I CAN'T SEE HOW SAM OR THE COMMITTEE COULD POSSIBLY REJECT THIS MOST RATIONAL PROPOSAL.

HA!
BILL
MINISTER OF MISCHIEF
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

Erian Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 17:33:51

BILL: IS IT OK IF I HAVE TEN TANKS? WILL THAT PROTECT ME FROM THE FURY OF THIS RATIONAL PROPOSAL?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2012, 17:39:07

Update your playing style from 15 years ago and actually buy a couple of troops and tanks.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 17:55:34

ERIAN, OF COURSE!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2012, 18:34:35

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Update your playing style from 15 years ago and actually buy a couple of troops and tanks.

Typical stupid coder... You make something that doesn't work right, or as intended mind you, and then you blame us for suggesting its wack.

To be fair I know you didn't code it. But the point is the same.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2012, 18:56:27

Actually I already fixed it once. The reason I haven't fixed it again is partially because of comments and attitudes like yours.

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 19:04:56

So because requiem has an 'attitude' I will lose almost all my CS if someone ABs me? lol

Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Son Goku Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 19:06:25

Actually I already fixed it once. The reason I haven't fixed it again is partially because of comments and attitudes like yours.

LOL?

crest23 Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 19:06:54

Originally posted by Requiem:

Typical stupid coder... You make something that doesn't work right, or as intended mind you, and then you blame us for suggesting its wack.

To be fair I know you didn't code it. But the point is the same.

All you whiners think of it sensibly, guerrillas show up in your city/town/village and you have no defenders, what the fluff do you think is going to happen? The retardation you all are on about. You don't want to defend your land and are whining about it. Slagpit would be a damn tool in IMHO if he "fixes" this.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2012, 19:37:40

Originally posted by Magellaan:
So because requiem has an 'attitude' I will lose almost all my CS if someone ABs me? lol

Assuming that the stuff posted in this thread is true, you will lose almost all of your CS because you were deliberately reckless in playing your country. Maybe someone in your alliance will be nice enough to FA you a few tanks.

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 19:49:05

You didn't get my point. If you're a coder here it would be best not to base your decisions on someone's attitude on AT.

However, I do really appreciate the work that has been put into this game =)
And personally, I always get some tanks/troops and there's no problem for me.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

ZIP Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 19:56:05

different = problem - that is the problem lol

and i see no problem with this ( waits for a true oop )
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 20:01:46

THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! LIKES THE WAY IT IS NOW.

WHY DO PEOPLE RUN ZERO TANK/TROOP STRATEGIES EARLY ON? SIMPLE: RISK VS REWARD.

EVERYONE IS ON AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD REGARDING THIS "BUG". IF YOU WISH TO MAXIMIZE YOUR EARLY PROGRESS BY KEEPING NO DEFENSE AGAINST SPECIAL ATTACKS, YOU ARE FREE TO DO SO. BY DOING SO, YOU INCUR GREATER RISK. WE BELIEVE THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.

RUNNING A 0 TANK/TROOP STRATEGY IS NOT A "MISTAKE" BY THE PLAYER FOR WHICH THEY ARE PUNISHED. IT IS A DELIBERATE DECISION, AND THE NEW SPECIAL ATTACK RULES SHIFT THE RISK/REWARD SCALE. THAT IS ALL.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2012, 20:46:27

What should I base my decisions on?

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 21:16:47

It should be based on whether you think 0-tank defense should do as much damage as it does right now, or if it should not be more than pre-change levels.

Also, ABs currently seem to kill 90% CS and maybe only 40-50% of other buildings (the point being % loss of CS > % loss of non-CS buildings), whereas in the past, the % losses to CSes and buildings were equal. This change was not mentioned in the "ramp up" of special attacks announcement, and thus I (and many others) consider this to be a bug.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 21:17:21

@Mag, a coder should base their coding on facts. Fact of the matter is that if you are inadequately defended, you Should get it good. Whats next? Asking the admins for relieve when your 20k acre 100k defense country gets hit?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 21:20:24

GS kill civilians and food.
BR kill civilians and buildings.
AB kills buildings and a ton of C-sites. Very appropriate if you ask me. Differentiates BR from AB.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 21:22:07

So Slagpit, the questions to be answered are really:

A) Are the increased % loss in CSes (compared to non-CSes) an intended change?

B) Is the no tank/troops/turrets case supposed to take significantly more damage than before the change?

Without clarifications, both can be seen as bugs in implementation of the "ramping up" special attacks, and that's why this issue keeps popping up.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2012, 21:57:20

I have no idea what the intention of the change was. That's why I always vetoed it. After I was driven away from this game, the game change review process lost a lot of its intellectual rigor. Some of you people haven't learned yet to stop fluffting where you eat.

The current mechanics are bad game design because choosing whether or not to get 1000 units is not a meaningful choice. It only serves as a "gotcha" for new and lazy players.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 22:13:48

I'm not sure why anyone thought it was a good idea to boost suiciders. This strengthens the power of the FS on unprepared countries, which makes early set suicides and FSs especially deadly. I think KJ has a friend among the game admins, one who put this change in there specifically for KJ and is blocking it from being fixed.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2012, 22:37:56

Oh good Ol' Slagpit...

I think someone should do an OOP FS on someone unexptected and tag kill 30+ people in the FS. Maybe it would get fixed then.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 0:19:41

Oh good Ol' Slagpit...

I think someone should do an OOP FS on someone unexptected and tag kill 30+ people in the FS. Maybe it would get fixed then.

All this is conjecture, do it already then.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 0:47:21

Originally posted by crest23:
Oh good Ol' Slagpit...

All this is conjecture, do it already then.

I campaigned for LaF to do it this set. If I was Don of LaF, we would be doing that this set.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 0:52:37

Exactly. This isn't a problem. You guys are making too much out of nothing. After the set LaF had last set, it makes sense not to be involved with this foolishness. Go get some tanks.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 9th 2012, 1:08:31

Originally posted by Rockman:
I think KJ has a friend among the game admins, one who put this change in there specifically for KJ and is blocking it from being fixed.

I think that dumbass comments like this reduce the chances of this problem getting fixed. Actually, I know they do.