Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 1:17:33

...I just wish politicians would have the courage to be transparent about their intentions.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/...tion-proposal-from-public

Recently, the state of New York passed one of the toughest gun control laws in the country, but according to GOP Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin, Democrats wanted to confiscate guns and magazines. Worse yet, one Democrat pleaded with McLaughlin to keep the proposals from the public, the Commentator reported on Sunday.

"Here it is," McLaughlin wrote on his Facebook page. "This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential."

NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
"And by the way, I would recommend not to have that list shared because it really has the capacity to dampen the enthusiasm for compromise," a Democratic legislator said on the video.

"Well, it sure does when we talk about confiscation of assault weapons," McLaughlin said in response.

McLaughlin described the list of rejected proposals as "an attack on the 2nd amendment" and said Democrats "clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers."

"None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us [at] 11 o’clock at night," he added.

McLaughlin posted a list of Democratic proposals that were rejected:

- Confiscation of "assault weapons."
- Confiscation of ten round clips.
- Statewide database for all guns.
- Continue to allow pistol permit holder's information to be replaced to the public.
-Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than five rounds or pistol grips as "assault weapons.”
- Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to five and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines.
- Limit possession to no more than two magazines.
- Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month.
- Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners.
- Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years.
- State issued pistol permits.
- Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State.
- Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers.
- Mandatory locking of guns at home.
- Fee for licensing, registering weapons.

In late December, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, a Democrat, said that confiscation of guns from law-abiding citizens "could be an option."

Pain Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 1:19:15

disgusting.
Your mother is a nice woman

Rolangunslinger Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 1:23:12

talking about it is the easy part, it isn't so easy to implement it though.

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 1:33:45

Really requiem? Is there not a different topic we could have arguments about on AT? -_-

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 1:39:10

Locket, I just want to make sure you Liberals have some transparency with your true intentions.

Don't lose sleep over it big guy.

Klown Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 3:27:00

Originally posted by locket:
Really requiem? Is there not a different topic we could have arguments about on AT? -_-

err, this is actually a very significant topic and far different from anything that has been discussed here before. This is the first time, to my knowledge, that the government of a state has seriously proposed confiscation of guns. No mention in the mainstream media, of course.

Goofy Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 5:01:30

I am a true blue Democrat, but I also use to live in Chicago. A place that use to have the toughest gun laws in the country. I have seen how gun laws just don't work. It is true that only the cops and the criminals will have them then.

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 6:23:02

Edited By: locket on Jan 22nd 2013, 6:30:37
See Original Post

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 8:45:22

the state of NY is a slave state.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 13:54:26

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

Erm....what?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 15:18:07

Very high taxes.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 18:26:43

Originally posted by Requiem:
Locket, I just want to make sure you Liberals have some transparency with your true intentions.

Don't lose sleep over it big guy.

LMFAO!!!!! +++, libs hate being exposed haha
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 22:08:11

Originally posted by tellarion:

Erm....what?

I'm of the opinion that the laws in NY aren't there for the benefit of the majority of it's citizens.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

llaar Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 5:07:52

speaking of taxes:
California residents, businesses consider bailing on Golden State over taxes

http://www.foxnews.com/...er-taxes/?test=latestnews

sounds like what happened in France when their high paid people left the country as well due to the ridiculous taxes

NY has some mighty high taxes on everything too...