Verified:

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 0:59:14

I completely take back my opinion from last set regarding ABs early in the set. Even if people spend all their extra cash on tanks, it's still not enough. We've lost hundreds of turns to one jerkoff, despite many of the targets having 4-5k tanks OOP. I'd rather get ABed later in the set than lose 100-150cs on the 2d or 3rd day of the set...

Marshal Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 1:06:21

there's a big thread about ab damage on b&s-forum.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 1:08:16

I know. And there have been threads here. The damage in early set when tanks aren't even on the market is too extreme :/

Zahc Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 1:32:51

get more tanks
llort orp s`fos

Sublime Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 2:16:24

Normally I would agree with Zahc, and I'm unmerciful towards netters because they want the game changed to give them a higher score (which is bullfluff).

However, this is obviously a bug...and it needs to be addressed.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 2:17:06

yep
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 2:17:31

What do Alliance players think of the attack changes? Are they popular or unpopular? As a solo player I'd like to just see them rolled back.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Pain Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 2:26:32

Originally posted by tellarion:
I know. And there have been threads here. The damage in early set when tanks aren't even on the market is too extreme :/

oh but qz said its not a big deal to have 5 tpa early in the set to protect from suiciders, and everyone else in EVO seemed to agree. now that youre not on the outside looking in your opinions change. :)

wonder how fast the changes will come now...
Your mother is a nice woman

Rockman Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 2:31:16

qzjul can confirm that it was not me.

archaic Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 3:02:19

he won't and you know it, but a nice token gesture
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

euglaf Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 3:07:16

seeing as how i have been AB'd 3 out of the last 4 sets in the first 5 days, and i asked qz about the AB returns after the first time it happened, i find the words "working as intended" to be ironically funny now.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 3:45:24

And before you jerkoffs start talking fluff about us never being suicided, I was personally in the exact same situation 2 sets ago and lost hundreds of turns due to suiciders. Yes, last set was quieter than most for us, thankfully, but we get suiciders every set, just like most alliances do, unfortunately :(

PS: Qz's country was not touched.

diez Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 3:49:17

I still think people should just get tanks anyway

blid

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 4:04:47

Originally posted by diez:
I still think people should just get tanks anyway
I don't really think that's realistic early. Someone with 15k tanks on 3k land can still have those tanks broken and killed off very easily by a tanker, and then you have no more c-sites.

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 4:09:15

It's stupid and broken, has been for awhile.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to matter.

euglaf Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 4:10:13

well the huge advantage of everyone having tanks is that a suicider can only take out one or two people rather than half the alliance which is the problem with the current returns formula

im almost positive evo will lose over 2000 turns to one suicider and yet the words "working as intended" come to mind. not that im happy that the returns still work this way. i still dont endorse it.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 5:09:14

ALTHOUGH WE HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE ALSO CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR DYNAMIC. FOR ANYONE NOT PLAYING AN INDUSTRIALIST START UP, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IT WOULD INDEED BE VERY DIFFICULT DURING THE FIRST FEW DAYS TO PROTECT ONE AGAINST RIDICULOUSLY HEAVY DAMAGE.

I DO HOWEVER BELIEVE THAT LATER IN THE RESET, SOMEONE WHO HAS LEFT A GAPING HOLE IN HIS OR HER DEFENSE SHOULD BE FACING SOME SERIOUS RISKS.

MY SUGGESTION - AND PERHAPS IT HAS BEEN MADE ALREADY - WOULD BE TO MAKE THE "NEW" ATTACK FORMULAE ONLY COME INTO EFFECT AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME HAS PASSED IN A NEW RESET. WHETHER THAT'S 5 DAYS, 10, OR WHATEVER THE POWERS THAT BE DEEM TO BE PROPER, IT WOULD SEEM TO ME THAT THIS WOULD BE A REASONABLE WAY TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE, WHILE STILL MAKING IT RISKY TO GO COMPLETELY TANKLESS.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 5:35:26

AGREED!

locket Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 7:21:31

lol I dont like it when it happens to anyone really but the fact that it happens to QZ's alliance after it was ignored when Laf and RD got hit repeatedly is fairly rich. If it changes after this set then it will be quite hypocritical too. Lose lose situation now.

Nice to see both of the top netting clans agreeing on something though :P

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 7:39:05

Oh shut it already, will you? Once again, I can personally attest to the fact that this is not the first time this has happened. We get hit just about every set from our own fans, just like you do. We may not have as many, but you're also more than twice our size.

Also, qz is not the only admin in this game. Last I heard, wasn't Pang playing in Laf? Why doesn't he change it himself then? Not to mention the constant reminder that most gameplay balance changes are on hold until the backend changes are finished, which should be soon, as qz has indicated.

If it changes next set, it will be because those changes are done and they can address the backlog of balance issues. It has nothing to do with qz being hypocritical, because if that were the case, he would have changed it 2 sets ago when myself and several other members lost hundreds of turns in the first week.

locket Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 7:50:58

It was QZ's change so it seems to be his to choose to revert. And it would seem hypocritical if he hasnt said he would change it before now. I don't remember seeing him say that, and he has said that it is working as intended when asked by Laf.

I wasnt referring to suiciders in general but this "bug" has caused Evo less trouble than others. I also never said I was happy you guys got hit at least? :P

Either way I hope it gets changed. Living in fear at the start of the set until you can get enough tanks isn't fun :P

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 8:06:02

Actually Tellarion, we have been asking Pang to change it. He said he would look into it, but he refused to touch the code because qzjul was doing all these major backend changes (that have now been completed about a month ago).

Also, Pang was one of the countries we detagged last reset for not playing his country. So he isn't really "playing" in LaF.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 10:05:42

Might need to change your early game strat to deal with that problem. This has been happening as long as the game has been played and there are bottomfeeders, and people who play that get hit by them repeatedly who come to the conclusion that if they knock the bottomfeeders down early, they may not have to deal with being farmed later. LOL
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 10:12:57

the change is that because ab effectiveness is related to tanks per building as early on military ratios are much lower

due to increased growth, reduced income, and the need to grow tech levels

early abs are more effective than they used to be

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 10:16:57

Hey, enshula, how you doing, dude? :) Yeah, gives the newbie player an opportunity for some vengeance. LOL You bottomfeeders better start dieting a bit or you'll make more guys like this over time. LOL
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 10:41:38

I think their intended change with the ramping up is working as they all intended, but as we've all pointed out, the damage to someone without tanks is crazy disproportionate.

Cerb, this has nothing to do with bottomfeeding. If it did, the guy would have hit sol and not us.

zerozerozero Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 10:55:15

hmmmm does this mean that tanks are better deterrent for early set attacks? (although I doubt any alliance would keep you alive after AB'ing as a retal)

iNouda Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 11:50:42

I'm against any changes to the "ramping up". It's fine the way it is.

locket Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 11:54:17

You havn't had to deal with suiciders doing this sort of thing since your countries are never a big loss if they got hit anyways.

And zero if you retal with an AB you will get killed by any alliance in the game except perhaps PDM who have weird retal policies for some things.

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 11:57:54

The ramping up thing is fine for alliance. But for solo servers it makes warring awkward. I guess its always something we'll complain about :P
But it'd be nice if the formula could be different for team and solo servers.

Not MD, fake Magellaan.

iNouda Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 12:27:50

Originally posted by locket:
You havn't had to deal with suiciders doing this sort of thing since your countries are never a big loss if they got hit anyways.

And zero if you retal with an AB you will get killed by any alliance in the game except perhaps PDM who have weird retal policies for some things.

You're saying it like you're the only one who's had to deal with suiciders or random dumbfluffs. We've all faced the brunt of the ramping up mechanic on this, or other servers. You're not the ONLY one. Stop acting to butthurt over it. As long as it's in place, it's a legitimate gaming mechanic, especially for those who have no other method of retalling the overfarming/bottomfeeds/dubious gameplay of other people.

zerozerozero Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 12:48:33

well, what's a restart compared to ruining the first few weeks of your set as my way of retal?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 13:14:31

Look Qz made a fluffty change, we can all agree on that. Just fix the fluffer! I don't care about all the other BS although it is comical that he possibly doesn't give a fluff until it really happens to Evo. It is to be expected.

I think Pang is the only admin we've ever had that hasn't been biased based on where he is playing. I've tried to swing him and he is solid he will not take his admin hat off just because he is in a particular alliance. With the fluff Qz has pulled (looking at teh DB after the set to see who did what, etc...) I feel like everyone who works on this game is an ass hat except Pang.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 13:36:44

He is leveling the playing field out for the land trading you guys will do later in the set so stop fluffing whining.

You want to stop early ABes? Stop land trading. Can't do that? Then just cease with the whining already.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 13:45:24

It's pretty simple, early set shenanigans is because you land trade and that is done by "suiciders". Late set antics, then that is LaF because, the suiciders actions early set did not stop you from taking one of all of the crowns.

So which suiciders should we ban?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rockman Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 13:59:56

Originally posted by crest23:
He is leveling the playing field out for the land trading you guys will do later in the set so stop fluffing whining.

You want to stop early ABes? Stop land trading. Can't do that? Then just cease with the whining already.

Are you seriously naive enough to believe that the suiciders are only doing so because the alliances permit landtrading? C'mon man, don't put yourself in Cerberus category. He's supposed to be the only person stupid enough to think that the suiciders are hitting LaF or Evo because of bottomfeeding or landtrading. You don't want to be putting yourself on his level.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 14:53:18

Unless you are telling me you know who is responsible for the ABs, you should probably just stop talking right now. You're making yourself look like a fool.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 14:57:04

As it so happens, I know who is doing it and why, so you my dear sir are the fool. Good luck with all that though.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 15:10:31

So they're abing us specifically because we 'landtrade'. Considering the vast majority of our non-bottomfeeding grabs are retals, that's a stupid reason to AB us. Why not choose Laf or RD or PDM or Lcn or pretty much every single alliance but Sof? I wasn't around when it really started to take off, so correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't RD and PDM the first alliances to practice landtrading to the point that people started to get pissed off?

Or does this retard want to target Evo because qz happens to play here? Yeah, that's a great way to get changes....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 15:15:29

Crest are you serious because you sound like a retard.

ZIP Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 15:17:46

am i the only one who like the changes?

* not the sucider
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 15:27:39

Originally posted by ZIP:
am i the only one who like the changes?

* not the sucider

You're the suicider!!!

Chewi Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 16:19:16

As it so happens, I know who is doing it and why, so you my dear sir are the fool. Good luck with all that though.

Who is doing it and why?

crest23 Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 16:52:39

It's no ones business who is doing it. Focus on the reason and not the who. The who can be someone else next set, the reason will still be the same.

Requiem, stop self hating you fluffing retard.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tellarion Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 16:58:59

Why focus on the reason when the reason is utterly stupid? WAA WAAA LANDTRADING WAAA!! Unless the admins change ghost acres, this is how things are. Whoever is trying to make a statement by suiciding us is wasting their time, and especially wasting ours. It's a pointless thing to do.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 18:39:48

Crest is prob one of em.

locket Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 21:01:28

Crest thinks he is something special but meh. You are just another lazy turd who couldnt play with the big boys so you suicide them instead :)

Oh and Tella I am fairly certain one of the alliances on boxcar is just a group of suiciders. Not sure which but yah. Time to send someone undercover! ;)

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2013, 21:10:18

did all the people who got ABed have 5kish tanks? because based on the ops I've seen of the ABer, I find it hard to believe he would have done damage if that was the case. mind you, the OP might be after some of the evo ABs on him, dont remember off the top of my head
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

locket Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 21:26:58

The OP I see is after the hits and either way for the countries who were playing delayed 5k is still a stupid target to need by that point.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 10th 2013, 22:49:29

Hahaha, you think it's me? You are one lazy turd then, that's for sure.
The Nigerian Nightmare.