Verified:

xXxWaNgErxXx Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 18:39:53

Seeing as how EE does not appear to be growing at any type of consistant rate and most of that is due to bullying do you think that maybe there be a option to the game that could allow countries whom have never made an attack to be attacked? It would give people another way to play and maybe keep a few people who just like playing turns and feeding the market around.

General Earl Game profile

Feb 27th 2013, 18:56:40

There should be a mechanism in place to punish attacking countries that attack people without provocation. The idea isn't all that simple, because you need to define an acceptable behavior and then figure out how to punish the offenders.

Here's an example: Country A starts farming Country B (lets be nice and say +2 hits). The big bully's population should riot, causing people to leave, burn buildings, lower productivity, etc. Make them 'random' events, but more likely to happen if the player is exhibiting bullying behavior. Make the bad events happen worse if the behavior doesnt improve. Basically the goal would be to make farming people not worth it. But then...

In the case where you have Tag A and Tag B at war, these problems should go away, perhaps even give a small bonus when land is gained- a way of your people supporting the war effort. Problem is, there is no mechanism for Clans to formally pact or declare war on one another in-game.

Its a simple problem with a not so simple solution to implement.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Feb 27th 2013, 19:00:39

Luck can be raised right... How about the more you attack the more luck is dropped.

Feb 27th 2013, 19:08:24

yeah, sort of a karma system. I like that idea.

Edit: However, you still have the problem of sometimes it is acceptable to do things, sometimes its not.
General Earl
----

Feb 27th 2013, 19:17:34

Every attack could have risk involved too. A auto missle retal or something. If they have missles that is. So country (A) has 1 of each missle CM/NM/EM and they get attacked or LG'b they automattically with out turns send 1 missles at the attacker. Could be any of the 3 missle groups but that is one hell of a risk lol

Feb 27th 2013, 19:34:53

That just sounds too insane. you had me for a minute.. then you lost me.
General Earl
----

Feb 27th 2013, 19:38:44

insane or interesting lol

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 15:17:03

Idk, solo server this could work. But not for team play servers.

Which i think solo server is where most people start. Redefine gdi rules/restrictions for solo servers or something...
The Death Knights

XI

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 28th 2013, 15:37:22

Karma for a solo server might be okay...? I dunno...
Finally did the signature thing.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 16:31:39

Put in a random event where by a missile you own auto detonates if you have crappy sdi/military/warfare techs.
The Nigerian Nightmare.