Verified:

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 5:05:18

Anyone else planning on getting this, this week? I know Earth used to have a size able SC playing population. Trailer below if you haven't seen it:

http://youtu.be/vCsGTP3-Jlw
Smarter than your average bear.

Magellan Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 7:07:33

I"m in!

bulok Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 7:12:43

let's get this rollin. anyone of you guys follow sc II progaming religiously?

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Mar 9th 2013, 7:45:23

ill get it eventually. i have wol.

yes, i watch majorly watch streams, lagtv, and husky
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

locket Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 9:06:02

I'm getting it. Still play WoL a lot. I watch GSL/MLG mainly with the other big tournaments as my other sources of SC2 watching.

ninong Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 9:55:51

can you buy this if you dont have wol?
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 10:32:38

No. It requires WoL.

bulok Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 10:52:22

silly ninong, it's an expansion.

also, grats to roro for winning the final WoL GSL!

Makinso Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 10:54:39

Yeah ill get it :-) Pre ordered it for 32 euros online.

Looks awesome.

locket Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 12:21:12

WoL is quite cheap now though ninong. Might even be on sale on blizzards site right now.

No grats to Roro :( Symbol blew that last game so badly :(

ninong Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 12:55:24

shame :( i already played the campaign for wol tho
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 9th 2013, 13:26:12

I will stand in line like the other retards at night and get my copy :-)

I follow pretty much all the major tournaments/leagues and always watch some streams while im at the computer or at work.
Don of LaF

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 9th 2013, 15:44:15

I'll be getting it methinks....
Finally did the signature thing.

maverickmd Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 17:19:11

got it!

if anyone wants to add to real ids.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 17:24:21

We are going to have to setup some games once it comes out :D
Smarter than your average bear.

Fooglmog Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 21:39:54

Uh... SimCity just came out. You ecpect me to have time for StarCraft?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 21:52:54

oh you can play simcity v? :P

what i've read servers are "bit" down and parts of online game aren't available due that.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

MArs47 Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 22:16:06

I'll probably get it next month or something...just bought Skyrim a week ago. :P
#DKnights

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 22:45:58

skyrim? that's ancient. :P

bulok Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 23:01:39

Well, I've followed the professional Broodwar scene for a very long time so I was rooting for roro to win :P

Taveren Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 23:02:10

Can we get a 24h CF for HotS release?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 23:43:57

why?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2013, 0:23:28

Eventually I'll but it. I bought all the others and liked playing it.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Taveren Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 1:13:16

CAUSE I GOTTA GRIND MY LADDER POINTS!

Taveren Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 1:13:49

Oh... and no grats to Roro. Die KeSPA scum!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Mar 10th 2013, 5:35:11

anyone who buys simcity supports DRM crap that doesnt allow you to play the game without a constant internet connection. you also cant save your game on your computer, so roll backs are the way of life :P
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 6:14:01

@LittleItaly You know SC2 also requires internet connection right? Even to play single player.

iNouda Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 6:50:12

^ Not really. You can play offline with your id but I think you need go online prior to offline mode at least once for it to work.

Originally posted by Marshal:

what i've read servers are "bit" down and parts of online game aren't available due that.

At least he gets a free EA game! :P

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:
Anyone else planning on getting this, this week? I know Earth used to have a size able SC playing population. Trailer below if you haven't seen it:

I bought it last week along with WoL for $59.99. I'm a total SC2 noob though. Tav kicked my ass and he wasn't even trying.

locket Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 7:28:34

Originally posted by iNouda:
^ Not really. You can play offline with your id but I think you need go online prior to offline mode at least once for it to work.

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:

I bought it last week along with WoL for $59.99. I'm a total SC2 noob though. Tav kicked my ass and he wasn't even trying.

So basically you can play the campaign, not get achievements for it and never play multiplayer game... it is basically an online only game. Sim city is a multiplayer game that has effects on other peoples cities so it makes sense to me to be online. If you dont like the concept then dont buy it ;)

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 8:18:45

There is actually major potential for griefing for sim city multiplayer when other people connect their cities to yours.

If you ever rely on trading or outside resources from other player cities, if the other player quits on you, your city will be effectively crippled without those facilities. Never ever buy power from another player.

In fact, just like an MMO (or like EE), you will feel guilt on quitting your city that your friends are relying part of their economy on.

locket Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 9:18:11

Can you unconnect? My first thought when I heard of it was to make a crime with fluff tons of pollution and crime.

iNouda Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 10:05:08

So basically you can play the campaign, not get achievements for it and never play multiplayer game... it is basically an online only game. Sim City is a multiplayer game that has effects on other peoples cities so it makes sense to me to be online. If you dont like the concept then dont buy it ;)

Achievements to me aren't really a big thing since even Steam has those and I never really cared much about getting them. I only bought SC2 because of the multiplayer aspect after watching replays of the pros in action on youtube as well as the live tournaments. If I only wanted to play the campaign I would have stuck with my pirated version.

Though if you really wanted to compare Sim City and Starcraft 2, then you should highlight the fact that if you don't have internet or their servers are down, you can't play the former at all. SC was always about single player play, the fact that they had to cripple (extremely small cities compared to the older SCs, the need to always be online (including for saves; if you dc your progress is gone), dependence on others to play (trade))the single player game to enable online play shows just how flawed a product it is.

Despite it all EA's gamble might pay off since SimCity has a significant following and the MP-linked play might be good enough to attract new players. People have a tendency to fluff about problems whenever a new game is released.

http://www.amazon.com/...on2-SimCity/dp/B007VTVRFA

Edited By: qzjul on Mar 17th 2013, 17:58:00
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 11:25:00

Originally posted by Taveren:
CAUSE I GOTTA GRIND MY LADDER POINTS!

do it when you aren't warring. :P

Originally posted by iNouda:

yea and either party hasn't announced what games are in selection.

MArs47 Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 19:12:20

skyrim? that's ancient. :P

It came out a week before I went to Afghanistan.

I just bought a computer that'll play it.
#DKnights

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Mar 10th 2013, 20:07:21

sc2 > can play offline mode. achievements will sync if you d/c. you can play campaign mode, you can save to your computer so you dont lose progress. old school gamers like me dont give 2 craps about achievements.

simcity is also releasing a game without features and has limitations until you buy a crap ton of expansion packs etc.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

Marshal Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 20:20:30

expansion sets bring money.

*has forgot how many expansion sets both sims got*

MArs47 Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 21:28:19

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
sc2 > can play offline mode. achievements will sync if you d/c. you can play campaign mode, you can save to your computer so you dont lose progress. old school gamers like me dont give 2 craps about achievements.

I agree when I first saw the "Achievement" thing pop up on computer I was taken back by it...this isnt Xbox.

It is kinda cool to see like, "You have sold 50 items!" Or whatever pop up when you're doing something...kinda like how I used to stare at the "Stats" screen of GTA 3 & VC just to see how many hookers I've killed and STDs I've gotten.
#DKnights

locket Game profile

Mar 11th 2013, 10:22:43

Acheron Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 6:37:10

Going to get it after work today.
Played the beta a bit. :)

incin22 Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 7:05:58

[quote poster=iNouda; 23494; 435424][quote]. SC was always about single player play, the fact that they had to cripple (extremely small cities compared to the older SCs, the need to always be online [including for saves; if you dc your progress is gone], dependence on others to play [trade])the single player game to enable online play shows just how flawed a product it is. [/quote]

I like how you abbreviated sim city as "SC" in a post about starcraft. :)

Starcraft rules! Great platform for custom games, and the most balanced RTS out there. I don't think I'll ever really like another RTS very much past playing it a few weeks because I'm so familiar with Starcraft. I always feel very clumsy with the units, whereas in Starcraft every unit interaction is very fluid with my thought processes. To me, Starcraft defines the RTS genre

My big regret is that I never really got into 1v1s. I like teamwork, specialization, and optimizing builds around others, and 1v1s I just felt alone. So I'd say I've played fewer than 300 1v1s every, while 2v2s and mostly 3v3s probably break 10k together

I played kawaiirice one week into SC2. It hurt. Like a lot. Like a lot a lot. I felt like a plaything

It's also weird thinking I've played starcraft for more years than I haven't played starcraft

locket Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 8:02:25

Im enjoying the campaign so far :)

I also played almost entirely 2,3,4's. I played Vibe once last year and we won in a 4v4 where we cheese rushed them. I got to kill him with a baneling all in. He floated away and helped micro his other 2 allies units and they almost won a 2v4.

I played Huk and Haypro the other day in a 2v2 match and me and a random guy beat them.

So I'm 2/2 in games versus pros in team games :P

MArs47 Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 10:42:58

I still cant see "BGH" on a license plate and not think "Big Game Hunters" and playing a 4v4 and lagging out the map.

"Dammit Zerg, control your creep!"
#DKnights

iNouda Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 12:35:54

Originally posted by incin22:
I like how you abbreviated sim city as "SC" in a post about starcraft. :)

Starcraft rules! Great platform for custom games, and the most balanced RTS out there. I don't think I'll ever really like another RTS very much past playing it a few weeks because I'm so familiar with Starcraft. I always feel very clumsy with the units, whereas in Starcraft every unit interaction is very fluid with my thought processes. To me, Starcraft defines the RTS genre

My big regret is that I never really got into 1v1s. I like teamwork, specialization, and optimizing builds around others, and 1v1s I just felt alone. So I'd say I've played fewer than 300 1v1s every, while 2v2s and mostly 3v3s probably break 10k together

I played kawaiirice one week into SC2. It hurt. Like a lot. Like a lot a lot. I felt like a plaything

It's also weird thinking I've played starcraft for more years than I haven't played starcraft

If people are too dumb to realize which game I'm referring to then it's not really my problem. It's clearly laid out in my post (even going so far as to point out in the middle as to which game I'm elaborating about. 'Cities? trade?! no offline play???') and quotes. Only an idiot would mistake one for the other.

locket Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 13:07:01

You know... incin didnt seem to come off as very hostile... why is it that everyone around here reacts like they were shot at?

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 16:28:19

Oh, come on, locket. This is AT we're dealing with, here. Any sort of disagreement, no matter how small or irrelevant, is the equivalent of being shot in the nuts from point-blank range by a tank after exposing said nuts for all to see.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

incin22 Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 16:29:10

3v3 BGH Experts!!
3v3 BGH Experts!@
3v3 BGH Experts!@#

Anyone?

The most frequent lie I told during childhood was...

3v3 BGH Cable!!
I had cable, but if I wanted to play with my brother, we had to have different IP's so I would log onto the fax line 56k (14k, those swindlers) while he played on the cable modem. I felt justified saying Cable since i HAD it, but just couldn't use it.

My signature one later in my career was

3v3 BGH Pancakes!

iNouda, I was just pointing out that it was a funny choice of acronyms given the post subject

I usually swim laps a couple times a week, and often get bored and lose count. To remedy this, I developed a strategy

Lap 1 (back and forth) - 11:00 BGH position. Think of some aspect of how that changes how you play, place buildings, cool fights you've fought against or defending that spot, where you would place your supply depots. I'll usually pick a specific race and focus on that for the workout
Lap 2 - 12:00
etc, then after 8 laps
Lap 9 - 11:00 expansion
etc

Big Game Hunters was an incredible map

That usually gets me through a mile, and I'm totally excited and engaged, and ignore the pain better

locket, let me know if you want to team up sometime. I played HERO ATTACK once in sept 11 and have played like, 100 melee games since, due to my obsession. I'd be up for either of those

Trife Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 16:44:02

3v3 BGH Experts!!
3v3 BGH Experts!@
3v3 BGH Experts!@#

Anyone?

3v3 BGH Cable!!
I had cable, but if I wanted to play with my brother, we had to have different IP's so I would log onto the fax line 56k (14k, those swindlers) while he played on the cable modem. I felt justified saying Cable since i HAD it, but just couldn't use it.

3v3 BGH Pancakes!

iNouda, I was just pointing out that it was a funny choice of acronyms given the post subject

I usually swim laps a couple times a week, and often get bored and lose count. To remedy this, I developed a strategy

Lap 1 (back and forth) - 11:00 BGH position. Think of some aspect of how that changes how you play, place buildings, cool fights you've fought against or defending that spot, where you would place your supply depots. I'll usually pick a specific race and focus on that for the workout
etc, then after 8 laps
etc

That usually gets me through a mile, and I'm totally excited and engaged, and ignore the pain better

locket, let me know if you want to team up sometime. I played HERO ATTACK once in sept 11 and have played like, 100 melee games since, due to my obsession. I'd be up for either of those

what a nerd

go polish your pocket protector, sharpen your pencils and replace the batteries in your graphing calculator

*stuffs incin in a locker*

MArs47 Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 17:32:01

3v3 BGH Experts!!
3v3 BGH Experts!@
3v3 BGH Experts!@#

Anyone?

3v3 BGH Cable!!

3v3 BGH Pancakes!

etc, then after 8 laps
etc

Yes...They never would let me play. My Latency was always 2-3 yellow bars. (Dialup)

And the quick cash maps were good for sitting there and shutting your brain off. 3v3 island quickminerals or something. I forget.

I did love Turret defense and...whatever that game was where your stuff spawned at a bunker and they got upgraded with how many kills you had. I forget what those were called. fun fun fun, Now with "Mass Attack"
#DKnights

incin22 Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 17:48:10

Evolves! A guy from my high school created evolves! I played that a ton. I also played the MTG map a fair amount

Trife, you can't stuff someone in a locker when you're already in it. Unless you want cuddles

Trife Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 17:50:16

Evolves! A guy from my high school created evolves! I played that a ton. I also played the MTG map a fair amount

Trife, you can't stuff someone in a locker when you're already in it. Unless you want cuddles

i'm going to undo all the caps on your markers

take that