Verified:

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Mar 23rd 2013, 21:22:27

how about when they die, except for when land killed, they stay on the server and keep there number to be able to be grabbed, abused, etc. would be cool
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Mar 23rd 2013, 21:23:47

oh and when the owner restarts, what they recover gets taken off the dead skeleton
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Marshal Game profile

Mar 23rd 2013, 21:27:18

your 1st suggestion has been suggested at least once before and admins didn't get warmed to it then so doubt they get warmed to it now either.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Mar 23rd 2013, 22:25:22

TEQ USED TO DO SOMETHING COOL LIKE THAT. AFTER A COUNTRY WAS KILLED, IT COULD STILL BE ATTACKED, AND THE GAINS FROM THOSE POST MORTEM ATTACKS WERE DRAMATICALLY INCREASED (25% OF THE DEAD COUNTRY'S REMAINING ASSETS, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY)

THIS WAS ESPECIALLY FUN ON THE FIGHT SERVER (A SERVER WHERE THE WINNER WAS DETERMINED NOT BY NETWORTH ALONE, BUT BY A FORMULA WHICH INCLUDED NETWORTH AND "POINTS" FOR MAKING ATTACKS). SO, THE IDEA WAS TO "FUBAR" SOMEONE - DAMAGE THEIR COUNTRY TO RACK UP ATTACKING POINTS. IF YOU ACTUALLY MANAGED TO KILL THEM, WHICH WAS POSSIBLE SOLO BUT NOT ALWAYS EASY, THEN YOU COULD MAKE YOUR "KILL GRABS" FOR MASSIVE GAINS. IF YOU SCREWED UP YOUR FUBAR AND DIDN'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE TO THE COUNTRY YOU WERE ATTACKING, IT WAS LIKELY TO BACKFIRE MAGNIFICENTLY.

THAT WAS A GLORIOUSLY FUN SERVER BEFORE THEY KILLED IT.

braden Game profile

Mar 23rd 2013, 22:27:26

PERIMORTEM ATTACKS SHOULD LEVY THE BIGGEST RETURNS

Trife Game profile

Mar 28th 2013, 15:51:32

why does this thread remind me of yheti and his obsession with judy garland?

Marshal Game profile

Mar 28th 2013, 20:08:22

trife: beats me and def not wanna know.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

blid

EE Patron

Mar 28th 2013, 20:42:28

if someone self-deleted then the first person so stumble across them could attack them a bunch of times... not sure if that's fair
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Tin Man

Mar 29th 2013, 14:16:02

I;m sure that would be made impossible if they implement these changes blid

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 30th 2013, 2:02:52

we *could* let people hit dead/deleted countries..... i dunno
Finally did the signature thing.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2013, 3:52:03

if you wanna allow it you need limits. i don't want osmeone to spot a dead country and get to hit it 10 times for 5k land or something
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 4:36:25

Could make it so the attacker goes into country to country DR twice as fast on a dead country to limit the gains per attacker. But then maybe reduce the readiness of a dead country to the minimum allowed on defense. With nobody to lead the country the military would be in shambles trying to coordinate the defense of its people.

Now, for countries that are actually killed by another country. How about the killer gets the dead countries land and money (or a portion of it) for putting in the work to actually kill them? Wars are not cheap and can do a lot of damage to your networth. Getting some benefit for killing a country other than the satisfaction would help with some of that cost. I don't see how this would work on team servers where multiple people gang up on a single country, but on Solo servers it might be an interesting addition..
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 5:01:03

How do you then propose to calculate who did "the work" in killing the dead country? I could just as easily come in and mass fling CMs at the very end to snipe your kill and do almost no work.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 5:18:08

Dead countries should spread disease to those that contact it in any ways. I propose 15 bio attacks for starters.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 5:45:46

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
How do you then propose to calculate who did "the work" in killing the dead country? I could just as easily come in and mass fling CMs at the very end to snipe your kill and do almost no work.

Yeah, that is the problem with this idea, and why I didn't see it happening on team servers where multiple countries doing kill runs on a single country is a common thing. I don't have a good way to determine who did the work, only who got the last hit that ended up killing the country.

On a solo server though, if someone steals the kill and gets the reward, the person who actually did the work might decide to war the person who sniped their target.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Tin Man

Mar 31st 2013, 22:53:08

FS's are overpowered as it is

braden Game profile

Mar 31st 2013, 22:58:11

garland was an attractive woman, trife.