Verified:

OneMansArmy Game profile

May 1st 2013, 6:27:05

Both Blid and myself did the same thing last set. We were able to mitigate some of the damage of the food spike by making a profit turning as much cheap tech as we could find. However we both got hit pretty hard by the food prices crash because we still had to spend a lot of money on food to avoid the corruption while teching/reselling (thought I made that clear). We didn't sit on it, we resold it, made more profit, and had orders up for more cheap tech. But whatever those orders didn't spend above 2Bil had to be spent on food stock to avoid corruption.

I think both Blid and myself mentioned to each other that if we didn't have to take such a large hit on food price we could of finished around 150mil networth. This is what led me to try out the corruption bonus this set, but food prices never spiked so I would of been much better off with extra turns this time. Can't predict what the market is going to do, I lost this gamble.

My reasoning for saying its bad tech set has to do with the amount of undercutting I saw and how fast the prices crashed in the last few weeks. From $1500-850 hit me hard because I was trying to accelerate my tech sales at this point to get ready for an early jump. I guess others had the same idea, because prices nose dived hard. The only bushels I stocked this set were to avoid getting my money stolen..

Is it just the Techers getting fluffed with or are the Indies, Farmers and Cashers getting it too? I know last set tech thievery was rampant. This set it was all bomb banks that on me.

Edit#[??]: For the record I like Oldman's layout. Prices laid out over a time frame do more to explain things in my head than total averages over the set. But then again I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in the data.

Edit#[???]: I believe Blid is correct in that if you have a sizable food stock, putting it all on the market at once isn't a great idea. If you dump ~400+million bushels on the market for the asking price or more, chances are pretty good you are not going to sell it all off that day. You are not the only supplier of food and many others will undercut your price as soon as your food hits the market. This starts a chain reaction with people who have been stocking food. When prices start going down they not only stop buying, but dump too and try to get out. With all of this extra food on the market, nobody is selling out immediately and may have to repeatedly recall and price lower. So then what was the point of dumping it all at once? IMO, this is as Oldman put it, a Greed issue. I don't think its the price though, but rather the quantity of bushels they put up at once. They want to sell off their stock for the best price and they think the best is now. But just because you put it on the market doesn't mean it is going to get sold. You have to look at how much QUANTITY is being purchased daily and try not to flood the market. If nobody realizes you are dumping stock slowly as the first one, then they are more likely to keep buying and hold onto their own stock until they feel its their own time to sell off.

Edited By: OneMansArmy on May 1st 2013, 9:26:00
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured