May 4th 2013, 0:16:45

Congrats on the win to come oldman.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

May 4th 2013, 0:34:42

Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

BobbyATA Game profile

May 4th 2013, 0:46:03

haha awesome first post

oldman Game profile

May 4th 2013, 1:38:56

lol, that's setting the expectation too high.

and seems like the new changes roll over. The server details page shows govt revision 3 and major change set 9 already =(

blid

EE Patron

May 4th 2013, 1:49:15

They should listen and roll it back. 9 of the top 10 have already voiced support for this. The one who hasn't, Viva (?), I assume would support preventing the changes as well. How can they do this when 100% of the top ten is against it?

Edited By: blid on May 4th 2013, 1:51:47
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cannon Game profile

May 4th 2013, 2:29:01

So what exactly are the point form notes on the changes? Building costs up, exploration rates up, fascist oil down and Dict ghost acres significantly down? Am I right in assuming the biggest concern for everyone is the building costs?

blid

EE Patron

May 4th 2013, 2:43:01

Yep, those are the main changes, and yep the building cost is the main thing. Oil routinely gets mega high on Primary as well, so production didn't need to be touched, and dict's were good alternative netters (they weren't as good as other govs, but were fun for a change and could compete a little) so them being nerfed hurts as well.

Serpentor Game profile

May 5th 2013, 15:26:04

It really is sad to see these changes on primary. Now for netters here, what you got in your profile now is what you have for good. I can't see anyone beating their highest net or increasing their top 3.

The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

May 6th 2013, 0:03:26

Oh and my favorite Indy looks to be weak sauce now. I'll test it this round to see if it is as bad as I think.. If I can't top 10 this set I guess it's time to brush up on a casher.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

May 6th 2013, 0:05:02

The sad thing is that all they had to do was NOT roll over the changes and everyone here would have been so happy. They didn't even have to code anything or do anything, just NOT do a thing and it would have meant so much to this community.

Chewi Game profile

May 6th 2013, 0:27:32

If the cashers don't get as fat and stock sooner food prices should be high.

OneMansArmy Game profile

May 6th 2013, 0:55:01

Have fun being a neglected test subject..

Shoot me a PM if the developers start to care about Primary.

Ill check back now and then to see if anything changed for the better..

Good luck to everyone!
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

blid

EE Patron

May 6th 2013, 1:12:44

Is your brother playing?

OneMansArmy Game profile

May 6th 2013, 1:40:22

I think he is playing, but not a serious country. He has what is called "Cruise" this semester so he will be sailing on a ship for 2 months starting sometime in the middle of this set. So he may not be able to finish the second half of the set. I think he said they will only have internet when they pull into port. This is part of his college education for a degree in engineering.

He chose a different country name this time though, so you will have to PM him for his country number. I have already forgotten what he said it was.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

blid

EE Patron

May 6th 2013, 1:51:15

Heh that's the most bourgeois thing.

PaleMoon Game profile

May 6th 2013, 9:47:36

I'm also not playing this set :( More due to time away than the changes that were rolled out; I am very disapointed that my dict casher won't be even slightly competitive now though.
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

Cannon Game profile

May 8th 2013, 4:51:27

BiBiGoN AB'd 20 times already? Any chance it's a carryover retal? lol

blid

EE Patron

May 8th 2013, 12:58:13

Ha it killed all of 75 buildings or so. But I guess if those were c-sites it still hurts. He should join GDI and move on, or else just give up his 60 day round on day 4 and fight

VivaNick Game profile

May 8th 2013, 13:08:08

Originally posted by blid:
They should listen and roll it back. 9 of the top 10 have already voiced support for this. The one who hasn't, Viva (?), I assume would support preventing the changes as well. How can they do this when 100% of the top ten is against it?

Ya blid, I support you all :)

blid

EE Patron

May 8th 2013, 14:25:58

Does that also confirm you were Mr Perfectz?? :)

Magellaan Game profile

May 8th 2013, 14:35:11

Originally posted by Serpentor:
It really is sad to see these changes on primary. Now for netters here, what you got in your profile now is what you have for good. I can't see anyone beating their highest net or increasing their top 3.

Ive fluffed up every set, I might have a chance to beat my best score lol.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 8th 2013, 16:51:36

Vivanick should just admit if it was his country. It was a well played country.

BobbyATA Game profile

May 8th 2013, 19:46:44

Just talking to people it seems like lots of farmers/cashers this set. Haven't heard anyone say they are going techer, and only a few C/I. Looks like a techer or C/I set possibly?

Why oh why do I decide early, I should just stay mono the first few days and play a start that can easily convert to any strategy 200 turns in.

blid

EE Patron

May 8th 2013, 19:51:32

The only commie I've heard of is Serp. :D

blid

EE Patron

May 8th 2013, 20:08:01

You know, converting is basically still free. what would you lose? maybe 8 turns to rebuild some dirt cheap buildings, 8 more turns of c-sites? meaningless in the big picture

BobbyATA Game profile

May 8th 2013, 20:34:54

Well, I guess converting also hurts tech start allies and the like. And I've been determined to go farmer this set so people will stop saying I only like my retal rules b/c I usually play C/I of late.

But yea, you are right, in game penalties of converting this early are close to zero.

BobbyATA Game profile

May 8th 2013, 20:35:50

btw, I know of 3 other C/I players playing. A few guys who have finished more in the 10-25 than the t10 the last few resets, but good players nonetheless.

blid

EE Patron

May 8th 2013, 20:35:50

We need a Primary Committee for Market Balancing that assigns people to different strats so all strats are equally competitive :}

BobbyATA Game profile

May 8th 2013, 22:25:02

I dunno if you are being sarcastic, but I seriously proposed that idea in passing a few sets ago.

blid

EE Patron

May 8th 2013, 22:44:44

I'm kind of joking around, because I don't know how realistic the idea is, plus there's people who don't like to give anything away, but I think it'd be cool.

VivaNick Game profile

May 8th 2013, 23:37:23

Yes :)

Serpentor Game profile

May 9th 2013, 2:49:29

There's an average amount of indies, even though there shouldn't be.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

May 9th 2013, 2:59:21

How many top players are indies? Maybe there's some I don't know about.

LATC Game profile

May 20th 2013, 17:43:25

Where are all the jets guys??

BobbyATA Game profile

May 20th 2013, 18:13:00

Apparently everyone read my post last set on how demo farmer>>fasc farmer.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 20th 2013, 19:33:29

But few people know the details (exact reasons and the math behind it) why afaik's demo farmer performed better than my fasc farmer last reset. :P

BobbyATA Game profile

May 20th 2013, 23:07:13

You don't think my post laid out the math fairly clearly? Or do you think my post didn't capture the real reasons?

Xinhuan Game profile

May 21st 2013, 4:27:15

Which post are you referring to? I don't remember any post with you providing math other than a post about how I shouldn't be able to blame afaik for converting, which I disagreed with.

BobbyATA Game profile

May 21st 2013, 4:42:02

we discuss a bit in last set's talk thread. I just ran through the numbers that for most tech levels the demo tech bonus makes it so demo produces more $$ then fasc. And then demo has all kinds of secondary advantages (can play the market, better secondary techs b/c of tech bonus) that seem to way outweigh fascist oil production and permanent bonus bonus.

BTW I didn't post about you shouldn't be able to blame afaik, i think you might be confusing me with blid.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 21st 2013, 5:19:10

I did confuse you with blid, apologies.

However, I still cannot find your said post. If you made any math, it was a discussion on whether oldman's Dict farmer would have performed better if he was Fasc.

Edited By: Xinhuan on May 21st 2013, 5:23:14
See Original Post

BobbyATA Game profile

May 22nd 2013, 14:30:57

ugh 3 sets, 3 earlymiddleish topfeeds by noob techers. I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm just unlucky.

herbs12 Game profile

May 22nd 2013, 17:09:35

Unlucky

qwertyh Game profile

May 22nd 2013, 21:42:35

Eh, I don't get these techers...they have a good build but pick targets that can retal back..

blid

EE Patron

May 24th 2013, 0:39:57

Does anyone have any theories as to why #103 is named sredeefpoT elppirC I instead of I Cripple Topfeeders?

Chewi Game profile

May 24th 2013, 1:15:16

Cause spelling things backwards makes you cool!

Serpentor Game profile

May 24th 2013, 1:20:53

How did you crack that code? You must be Tom Hanks!!!
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

May 24th 2013, 1:28:42

That guy looks like he may be the top casher. I haven't spied on him so I don't know if he's cashing for sure. I also see Finish and Vaccine as the other top cashers. I feel for #174, he looks like a strong player but got hit by #234 for some reason, and then RORd by #234... even though #234 gained 900 acres on the trade to begin with! he ROR'd anyway! shame to have some idiot damage a promising round

blid

EE Patron

May 24th 2013, 16:16:09

#174 is a dictator now

LATC Game profile

May 24th 2013, 17:02:23

That guy looks like he may be the top casher. I haven't spied on him so I don't know if he's cashing for sure. I also see Finish and Vaccine as the other top cashers. I feel for #174, he looks like a strong player but got hit by #234 for some reason, and then RORd by #234... even though #234 gained 900 acres on the trade to begin with! he ROR'd anyway! shame to have some idiot damage a promising round

How can you tell? Is it current land/nw or from ops?

Xinhuan Game profile

May 24th 2013, 17:10:02

Go eestats, sort by land size. Then filter by government.

You can generally tell a country is a casher, if he has no NW losses between logouts. (SOing for food and successfully doing so will drop NW very slightly though).

To differentiate between farmers and cashers, a casher will have very little NW changes between logouts, while a farmer will have a lot of minor NW increases from selling food in small chunks every few minutes.

Techers and Indies are the easiest to identify - they always have NW drops between logouts when their units and tech sells. Indies have large NW drops (over or around -1m NW for the top indies now), techers have medium NW drops (about maybe -200k NW).

You have to make some assumptions that they have similar buildings built and have the same tech levels. Comparing indies is easier, because their NW gain over spending 54 turns divided by their land, is easy and you can roughly guess a tech% if you assume they have 90% of their land built as indies.