Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Jun 5th 2013, 21:37:14

Will not be around this set. Unless someone other than me brings the tag back. Which could happen. If it's legit, they would announce. If you see a tag with ESD in it doing dumb things, kill it.

Twain Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 2:15:50

So if anyone rages on the boards and self-deletes in ESD, it's not Dragon.

*runs away*

felay_wut Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 12:30:15

wow ESD was around till so recently? dragon= #1 netter FFA

Twain Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 13:04:09

ESD hasn't been around for the entirety of new FFA, but I think it was around set 5 or so that Dragon brought it back. He kept it going and had a pretty top-notch group of netters until two sets ago.

NBK declared war on both PAN and ESD and ESD decided to disband rather than fight back (with a couple ESD players as exceptions).

As far as his netting skills, Dragon's a good netter, but he's never really been a #1 netter kind of guy. There are a LOT of better netters in FFA, even in ESD while it was around. He'd be willing to admit that himself. ESD did a good job of being a clan that for some reason until the NBK declaration, no one ever decided to mess with on a large scale, so Dragon's been in a good position to offer a safe haven in ESD for netters.

It was fun while they were around, because PAN, TKO and ESD would typically have a 3-way competition for the TNW and ANW crowns.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 17:01:09

who does not enjoy a 3 - way ?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 6th 2013, 17:49:36

Doesn't anyone else find it funny that Dragon rages quits and disbands a prefectly good netting clan, and then joins a war clan?

mrford Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 18:05:42

lol, in what way is dragon the #1 netter of anything

fluff, hes not even in the top 10 of any netting cat
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Twain Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 19:15:54

Dragon's playing again? Where you hanging at these days?

Dragon Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 22:11:52

For several sets in a row, I had a Top 10 country. I think my best finish was maybe #5. Definitely NOT "the best netter". Probably better than average but that's about it.

@Twain - mending fences.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 22:27:27

^ nbk
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 22:33:33

I liked doing FA with Dragon Imp was always in the wrong and he was always nice about it.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 6th 2013, 22:51:26

Well. So much for keeping THAT quiet. Ah well.

@Lefty - despite what I might have posted on FFAt, unless I was fairly sure someone was just being a fluff, I was nice with just about everyone when doing FA privately.

felay_wut Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 0:34:46

I forgot this forum/ game is full of aspeies who take everything said literally and pick a statement down to a single word just for an argument.

I revise my previous statement for the sake of aspergers to state simply that Dragon has been among the elite netters of ffa since the old earth days and that i remember his tag with a degree of respect :)

Dragon Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 0:40:21

Originally posted by felay_wut:
I forgot this forum/ game is full of aspeies who take everything said literally and pick a statement down to a single word just for an argument.

I revise my previous statement for the sake of aspergers to state simply that Dragon has been among the elite netters of ffa since the old earth days and that i remember his tag with a degree of respect :)

Well, thank you. :)

Twain Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 1:30:18

Well, your cryptic message would have made sense to me even if ZIP didn't out you. :P

Glad to see you're back in the game. I hope you're able to bring back ESD before too many sets go by. Like I've said elsewhere, I have more fun when I actually play countries when I'm looking and realizing that my countries and everyone else's in the clan have to be as good as possible to stay ahead of ESD or TKO for TNW/ANW.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 2:55:37

I was guessing on that but when you said mending fences then it was obvious. I would still be playing in esd if it was like it was. it was some good net sets and a great bunch to play with.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 19:29:42

Originally posted by ZIP:
I was guessing on that but when you said mending fences then it was obvious. I would still be playing in esd if it was like it was. it was some good net sets and a great bunch to play with.

I won't say ESD will never come back. I just don't know if it CAN and be left alone. I'm working on that. :)

Dragon Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 19:37:40

Originally posted by Twain:
Well, your cryptic message would have made sense to me even if ZIP didn't out you. :P

Glad to see you're back in the game. I hope you're able to bring back ESD before too many sets go by. Like I've said elsewhere, I have more fun when I actually play countries when I'm looking and realizing that my countries and everyone else's in the clan have to be as good as possible to stay ahead of ESD or TKO for TNW/ANW.

ZIP didn't out me. Smegma did. As far as ESD being brought back? Dunno. Maybe. I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but I sure don't have a lot of time to devote to running 8 let alone 16 countries working 50 hours or ore a week.

I have a ton of other priorities higher on the ladder right now. I mean, yeah, I could run 4 or 6 countries, but I really don't want to half ass it.

And as far as some of your other comments I've read, Matt, if I was REALLY motivated to be a L33T N33T3R, I would be one.

I mean, come on. You can say I'm nothing special, but that doesn't explain my ability to finish in the top 10 every set. Unless you're willing to admit that nobody in the top 10 is anything special. :)

I'll just tell you this. Had I - ever - been sufficiently motivated to win FFA, I would have. :)

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2013, 13:08:24

I apologize, I just find it amusing that someone says they don't have time to net, but has time to war.

I guess that is why I suck at both.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 13:17:37

i am throwing the flag on that, it is harder then you think to get the top spot, top 10 not so much the past few sets, but i think this set you will need 1 bil to even have a chance at a top 10.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 13:32:53

I absolutely agree it's not easy, ZIP. But it's fun poking at Twain. ;)

@smegma - once my countries are set up and max out turns, I just need a few minutes every day to use enough turns not to lose any.

I don't have to spend HOURS land trading or looking for grab targets, setting up and removing tech, spy,4 and def allies constantly, FAing stuff around, etc.

If or when a war comes, I spend a couple minutes in each country burning turns killing targets I don't even have to search out. I just hit what I'm directed to hit and done.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 14:10:00

it is true it takes time to put tog a top 10, letalone go for 300 mil anw, some day i will try anw.

and yes it is fun poking twain.

Twain Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 15:04:05

Winning the set is probably beyond me, but putting up top 10s isn't as hard as it sounds. I've put up a 6th and 10th place finish, and I fully admit I'm nothing special when it comes to netting.

That's not to say I'm dissing your abilities, Dragon. Some of it is that you've played more consistently each set and some if it is probably that you're just better than I am, but your stats are clearly way ahead of mine.

I was simply trying to make the point that I don't put you in a class with people like AndrewMose, who almost broke 6B networth last set alone, or Angryjesus, who's #1 in the all time stats, or someone like Ketchup, who before he stopped netgaining, was pretty far out in front of everyone in the all-time stats.

I consider "#1 netter" not as someone who takes the #1 spot necessarily, but one of the great netters. Someone who is capable of having the best overall set in FFA (which could be winning the #1 spot, but might also be putting all 16 in the top 50).

Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but I look at that label as similar to calling someone an "ace" in MLB. My team, the Cardinals, have a really good staff this year, but I wouldn't say that we have 3 or 4 "ace" pitchers, because it devalues the idea of what an "ace" really is.

So ultimately, it's moreso that I hold a really high standard for what a #1 netter is, not that I think you're a bad or even average netter, Dragon.

And poking at me is always good for making me write a long post. Dragon knows how to make me write books. :P

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 15:46:56

i'd consider best netter someone who can consistently put up the best avg nw, like the pan / tko guys that can hit 200 mil + anw in a set :P

Top 10 is easy.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Dragon Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 16:58:22

Originally posted by Crippler ICD:
i'd consider best netter someone who can consistently put up the best avg nw, like the pan / tko guys that can hit 200 mil + anw in a set :P

Top 10 is easy.

I agree. That's a fair test of overall netting ability. Best I ever did was about $255 Million ANW in a set.

Twain Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 19:09:04

hmmm, apparently I had a set where I was a "best netter" too. ;)

Of course, I only had one of those, and mine was like 210M ANW.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 19:34:30

hmmm, apparently I had a set where I was a "best netter" too. ;)

Of course, I only had one of those, and mine was like 210M ANW.

Andrew is obviously a great netter. One of the best. His best numbers were also on about 35% more land than I ever had across the board. I guess I should consider taking a set and having 16 115K acre countries and trying to match him. That's really the only way to try and match up.

So, Hemingway, write me another book. =P

ZIP Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 20:02:36

rules have changed now so getting that much will be very hard.

Twain Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 20:18:42

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see where the top netters are this next set.

And how much land/how motivated you are/how willing you are to do all the little things are all part of what makes a person a great netter, which is why I'm not one.

I could find the time to land-trade most efficiently and max out bonuses and make sure I do the math to maximize things. But I never have before and I'm not likely to start, so I'll never be as good as those guys.

AJ and Andrew both broke 5B networth last set, with Andrew almost breaking 6B, and I know a few of the TKO guys have finished in that range in the past. That's just ridiculous to me. I'm pretty sure my "maxing out" point is probably 250M or so average. I'll probably set something like 225M average as a goal for myself unless I decide to blow one up and try to pick up another t10.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 20:53:54

once i get that #1 spot, then i will go anw too / but a few seconds will not do it.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 21:18:46

We shoulda FA'd you to #1 one set in ESD ZIP. But to me, that's a sister kisser.

@Twain - 250M ANW is a lot of dedication. I could only do it cause I was only working 20 hours a week at the time. Well, you could do it working full time but it would mean most of your non-sleep time playing EE.

IMO, anything over $200M ANW is a solid accomplishment and puts a player in the top 10% of Netters for sure. Maybe top 5%

ZIP Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 21:46:01

i do thank you, but i will do it on my own - someday soon.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 22:00:56

I have every confidence you can hit #1, ZIP. You got game and anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know you.

Stryke Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 1:39:04

I know ZIP :P
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 9th 2013, 7:38:57

Dragon I give you credit, you put together a good clan and you were a good leader. Like I said I suck at both. I just know that I spend at least twice the effort at warring than I do netting.

But then again I am high right now so I love the whole world. :)

It was great, walked into the bar, set up to play darts, chick at the next board, says my hat looks really good and she likes my beard too.

Good ego night gents

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 9th 2013, 7:45:40

smegma, did you sex her up too?

Twain Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 12:51:24

Dragon: As a teacher on summer break, I'm hoping to put up my best set. I tend to put up my best sets either during summer or early in the school year. Then usually when work starts to pile up, I usually have to take sets off or bailing on partial sets (I think technically I've only really fully skipped about 2 sets total).

So if there's a set I can put up 250, it'll be this one. Then again, with the changes, I'm just hoping to push a personal best.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 13:04:01

Dragon: As a teacher on summer break, I'm hoping to put up my best set. I tend to put up my best sets either during summer or early in the school year. Then usually when work starts to pile up, I usually have to take sets off or bailing on partial sets (I think technically I've only really fully skipped about 2 sets total).

So if there's a set I can put up 250, it'll be this one. Then again, with the changes, I'm just hoping to push a personal best.

I'd like to see you get the chance and time to put in a full set! IIRC, you were on Summer Break when we tore up Team with OG. I know when you have the time and motivation, you can kick it.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 13:07:24

Originally posted by smegma:
It was great, walked into the bar, set up to play darts, chick at the next board, says my hat looks really good and she likes my beard too.

Good ego night gents

And since you met this chick at the onset of festivities instead of at Last Call, you're not gonna have to wake up and gnaw your own arm off to get out the bed.

It takes a lot longer than one might think.

Stryke Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 14:38:30

LMAO

a.k.a. NightShade
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Twain Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 15:54:47

Originally posted by Dragon:

I'd like to see you get the chance and time to put in a full set! IIRC, you were on Summer Break when we tore up Team with OG. I know when you have the time and motivation, you can kick it.

Yep. I think the first set I played with you in OG was at the end of the school year and it was the next set we took the triple crown. I forget where I placed within our five, (3rd or 4th, I know, Havoc and enshula both beat me. I think it was you and I next, but I don't recall the order).

The only problem this set is I'll be away for a week, but I should be able to get on and at least do SOMETHING with my turns for that week, even though I won't have the time to do the full land-trading I'd like to do during that week.

That shouldn't cost me the chance to top 210M or whatever it was when I last had a really good netting set.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 16:56:06

I never took a set and played as disciplined as I should have.I might be able to break $300M ANW. But that would require a lot of dedication, and not being lazy and sloppy like I tend to be.

Maybe one of these days. LOL

Twain Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 18:13:57

If you break 300M ANW, I'll eat my words and 100% consider you a #1-type netter.

Heck, at 255M or whatever you said, you're already making me reconsider, but 300M+ average certainly is a lock.

If I pull 225M, I'll be happy.

Stryke Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 18:15:49

Hell, I was happy with $114.8M ANW, even tho two of my countries were $153M and $157M. :P

a.k.a. NightShade

Twain Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 12:35:46

Stryke: THe best way to play this game is competing with your prior bests. 114.8M average is still a lot better than many of your early SOTA sets. Keep growing and learning.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 13:05:53

there was 1 string that had a lot of land over 50k + - that should have had some nw ?

AndrewMose Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 17:17:10

rules have changed now so getting that much will be very hard.

With the new rules, I believe 350M ANW is about the same difficulty as 400M ANW in previous sets.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2013, 14:05:47

Originally posted by whooze:
smegma, did you sex her up too?

I thought I had a shot, but she was there with like 5 dudes, and one of them she was a little clingy to as she got drunk. But when chatting her up i found out where she worked and that Sunday nights were there normal night out down there.

I figured I'd wait until next week.

Plus I had another complication. The only reason that i went out so late in the first place is that I was sleeping and got woken up by a fb that was down there with a (male) friend of hers, and it sounded like I would be getting some tail that way, and didn't want to alienate her too much.

Turns out I didn't get any anywhere that night :(

Dragon, she may have had to chew her arm off. But I can honestly say that since I only had one drink at that point, I could rate her as ok. But just ok. pump and dump.

Stryke Game profile

Jun 12th 2013, 22:39:41

there was 1 string that had a lot of land over 50k + - that should have had some nw ?

I had a pair above 70k, a few above 50k, and the rest were above 45k, and I pulled off 1.84 billion

a.k.a. NightShade

ZIP Game profile

Jun 12th 2013, 23:33:08

that must have been you i was thinking of.