Verified:

Tafv Game profile

Jun 14th 2013, 16:33:02

You know, I just got back into this game a few days ago. Back when I used to play ( it was at least 3 years ago) there was no Free For All 16 country server ( Or at least, if there was I don't recall it, and certainly didn't play it).
So, I got attacked in the Tournament server today.
Is it now considered a viable tactic to attack someone and then jump to GDI to avoid retaliation?
Back when I played that was considered the height of cowardice, a tactic only employed by the weakest players, by those who were considered nothing more than pond scum to be scraped off the sole of your Boot to the Head.

rpottage Game profile

Jun 14th 2013, 19:12:31

You can't do that. You can't join GDI if you've attacked in that last 24 hours (I think it's 24 hours at least). What they're likely doing is attacking when they're NW is so much larger that the attacks lower your country to the point where GDI simply won't allow any further attacks without declaring war.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 14th 2013, 19:16:59

shouldn't be able to join gdi if attacked recently but its possible that gdi is bit bugged, otherwise what rpottage said.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Akira Game profile

Jun 15th 2013, 17:30:22

he's playing in the tournament server. everyone there is on GDI. albeit different rules on GDI there compared to other servers.
A formidable enemy who can pose a threat to my life - I would welcome that man as a dear friend.

Akira Game profile

Jun 15th 2013, 17:34:26

i think what tafv means is that guy attacked him and jumped to more than 2x his nw. gdi threshold in tourney is 2x and 0.5x. if you declare war humanitarian threshold is 1/8 of nw.

i know its cowardly, but most are doing it now, just a heads up. i admit i tried that, but they usually just jump up in nw and atack retal me anyway.
A formidable enemy who can pose a threat to my life - I would welcome that man as a dear friend.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 15th 2013, 19:05:16

hit target barely in your range and then jump bit.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....