Verified:

Angel1 Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 23:28:25

Nation: United States of America
Flag Name(s): Stars and Stripes; Old Glory

A visitor to Earth, knowing nothing about the planets might look at the US Flag and determine that the flag was too busy. It would be understandable for anyone to think that. However, to my mind the US Flag isn't too busy because it has essentially only two elements: the white stars on a field of blue and the alternating red & white stripes. The individual stars matter less than the collective meaning of having 50 (and before that 49, etc.) stars on the flag. The fifty stars represent the fifty states of the union and therefore the claim that each of those fifty states equally has on the United States. The thirteen stripes are likewise not important individually, but as a representation of the 13 states that originally founded the nation. From 13 to 50. From 13 states holding the sovereignty of the nation to 50 states holding the sovereignty of the nation.

Busy, yes, but an appropriate sort of busy. With the stars and stripes contained to being just two elements, we are left with a simple, effective, meaningful, and highly recognizable design.

Edited By: Angel1 on Jun 25th 2013, 23:58:56. Reason: Vocab Correction
See Original Post
-Angel1

Link Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 23:32:30

murica.. fluff yea
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

zygotic Game profile

Jun 25th 2013, 23:47:31

Do England or great Britain

Angel1 Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 0:36:18

Originally posted by zygotic:
Do England or great Britain

Flag's Name(s): St. George's Cross

If there's one thing that you can't say about this flag, it's that it is busy. It's not busy at all. In fact, it's about as unbusy as flags get...short of being just three stripes (vertical or horizontal). Simplicity in a flag is overall more of a plus than uniqueness of a flag is, but this flag could gain some points for uniqueness without losing any points for simplicity if it added another symbol of England (perhaps a rose). The flag is being used more, so it's becoming more recognizable. Linking the flag to St. George does invoke the courage and perseverance that the English people may rightly lay claim to.

In the end, I judge the flag to be too simple. The City of London, for instance makes excellent use of a red sword in the top left quarter on their Cross of St. George flag.

Nation: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Flag's Name(s): Union Flag, Union Jack

The Union Flag makes excellent use of the Crosses of St. George, Andrew, and Patrick. Oddly, in fact, their use collectively seems to enhance each other individually rather than detract from one another. The flag successfully rides that fine line between simplicity, uniqueness, and being too busy.

It's called the Union Flag and that is exactly what this flag screams. This is an example of good flag design that any new (or old) nation should study closely when designing (or redesigning) their flag.

I only did these two at the request of Zygotic and I invite someone from England and/or the United Kingdom to offer up their own comments.
-Angel1

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2013, 1:07:29

Do Constantinople

Link Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 1:20:53

this is pretty sweet lol
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Frodo Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 4:14:45

ooh ooh do Sri Lanka! That flag is awesome!

Angel1 Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 4:15:41

This was meant for people from the various EE countries to comment on their own flags. No more commenting today, bed time now.
-Angel1

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2013, 4:31:43

Angel I live in Constantinople. Don't Jew me!

Bikerman Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 6:26:37

Danish flag:

The oldest in the world, therefore we own you all. The End

And end of the thread, no need to spam anymore

iScode Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 7:42:16

I disagree with your opinions, the american flag is gay and pathetic, why not just have a rainbow on a purple background with a mazda convertible underneath the rainbow. Now that is the only way you could make the American flag gayer!

On that note the New Zealand flag sucks big balls too, way to copy the kiwis and the UK!!!

now the Kiwi flag, that flags the fluff! silver fern on a black background, fluff you america, fluff you UK, fluff you Aussie,fluff all of you! kiwi flag all the way!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrford Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 8:31:36

your flag would be white with a red circle in the middle if it wasnt for the stars and the stripes you ungrateful little sheepfluffer
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

iScode Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 8:32:52

lies because if you didnt stop giving them oil in the first place then they would never of looked at coming this far south! :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrford Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 8:36:17

you are right, most empires of the past have stopped expanding and said, naw we are cool right here.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

iScode Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 8:37:05

sorry i shouldnt blame it on just the oil, it was your threatening war rhetoric that did it too :D.

iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Angel1 Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 11:22:01

Originally posted by iScode:
I disagree with your opinions, the american flag is gay and pathetic, why not just have a rainbow on a purple background with a mazda convertible underneath the rainbow. Now that is the only way you could make the American flag gayer!

On that note the New Zealand flag sucks big balls too, way to copy the kiwis and the UK!!!

now the Kiwi flag, that flags the fluff! silver fern on a black background, fluff you america, fluff you UK, fluff you Aussie,fluff all of you! kiwi flag all the way!!!

iScode, your lack of confidence in the Kiwi flag is showing. If your truly believed that the Kiwi flag was a great flag, the attacks on other flags would be unnecessary. You, sir, are a fraud. Now, please kindly do not politicize this nice, fun thread.
-Angel1

PG Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 11:36:44

Originally posted by Bikerman:
Danish flag:

The oldest in the world, therefore we own you all. The End

And end of the thread, no need to spam anymore

Hehe =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag

The flag of Denmark is the oldest state flag still in use (dates back to the 13th century). This flag, called the Dannebrog, inspired the cross design of the other Nordic countries: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, and regional Scandinavian flags for the Faroe Islands, Åland, Scania and Bornholm, as well as flags for the non-Scandinavian Shetland and Orkney.
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Sauron NBK Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 12:26:26

Mines got a fluffing maple leaf on it. Can't get much lamer than that.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 16:41:31

Originally posted by mrford:
your flag would be white with a red circle in the middle if it wasnt for the stars and the stripes you ungrateful little sheepfluffer

+ 1 Right on MrFord.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Klown Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 17:52:21

The American flag makes me sad to look at because it reminds me that a country that was once great committed suicide in every possible way.

Drunken Dibs

Jun 26th 2013, 22:26:54

red, white and blue. blood shed to achieve purity from the blue blooded bastages. no tan, black, orange or purple. hmmm wonder what shades of red white and blue were used... meh... it's not a sybolism kinda day. can't remember what blue stands for anyway. ocean. sky. clogged arteries, err, veins.
Conformity Requires Sacrifice.
Send Me More 18-20 year old female virgins if you want me to conform properly.

Atryn Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 0:29:53

LoL... "busy" flags...

Do Japan.

Tokyousr Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 1:35:13

Flag of Mozambique, now thats classy.

It includes the image of an AK-47 with a bayonet attached to the barrel

Vic Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 15:23:11

Originally posted by Tokyousr:
Flag of Mozambique, now thats classy.

It includes the image of an AK-47 with a bayonet attached to the barrel

lol. truth be told the civil war in mozambique was no laughing matter but the flag is pretty awesome.

Oh and you guys want a good flag?
Check out the flag for the old Kingdom of Two Sicilies. I think it's the Borbone's arms quartered with the hapsburg? and then some.
**edit** - after review, it appears the hapsburg's arms are not reflected in this 'flag' but rather those of the medici and farnese.
Absolutely insane and talk about busy!
but beautiful and tells a tale

http://commons.wikimedia.org/..._flag_of_two_sicilies.png

Edited By: Vic on Jun 27th 2013, 15:26:55
See Original Post

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 28th 2013, 12:52:01

What Ford said. The NZ flag is about as gay as one can get and hang it off a pole.

The U.S. Flag has meaning. It has endurance, it will outlive the government at this rate.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!