Verified:

RavenBlack Game profile

Mar 20th 2013, 11:11:30

Have tried 3 sets using Indy strat in Express server. Followed wiki's advice but in the middle of the game I cant keep up :( Any help guys?

Marshal Game profile

Mar 20th 2013, 11:19:55

land? techs? not selling multiple times per day?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

RavenBlack Game profile

Mar 20th 2013, 11:49:13

Been selling about 2-4 times a day. Exploring too. but the problem is with negative income, I start to panic when I see those red numbers :(

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 20th 2013, 14:14:28

Negative numbers are perfectly normal. The idea is to specialize as a indy (military production), and sell those everyday for income.

However, it can be an indication that you do not have enough bus/res techs (don't get them until your indy tech is high (at least 140%)).

Marshal Game profile

Mar 20th 2013, 20:18:33

you could try landgrabbing to get more land and that way more money.

fazer Game profile

Mar 21st 2013, 6:58:07

I have tried the same and hit the same road block. You just have to keep enough in bank to cover your exp. Your better to grab for land, keep building indy. You HAVE to sell multiple times a day to cover the growth. Once you reach your land size and build out indis. Just cash, and sell on the market. Thats my only suggestion, however i am the same, the negative income becomes too high. But yes then again its probably just a tech problem. I guess as an indy, don't be afraid to sell the military to fund tech and food.

- -

Fazer - MGP

"if somethings not fun, why do it?"

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=MGP

RavenBlack Game profile

Mar 21st 2013, 14:58:48

Will try out all of your recommendations on the next set! Thanks guys :)

@fazer I was trying to do that last set, the problem is when I sell my military units I become very vulnerable to attacks :((

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 21st 2013, 16:30:33

RavenBlack, then the problem is you have too much land :P

I'm assuming this is on a solo server. If this is on any server with clans, then you WILL get farmed if you aren't in a major clan.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 21st 2013, 20:24:31

rb said on 1st post that its express.

dunno how you have set your indy production but grabber could produce mostly jets (or if price is low then concentrate mostly turrets and buy jets) and sell max amount of jets.

AndrewMose Game profile

Mar 22nd 2013, 2:41:35

If you are an all explore indy you can sell max turrets the whole set and still have enough defense. Set production to 5% spies and 95% turrets. Use 50% of all sales to buy tech, the other 50% to build and run turns. Sell as often as possible, every 80 turns is great if you can.

Supertodd Game profile

Mar 23rd 2013, 4:57:56

I'm a big fan of weapons tech too, something which a lot of industrialist players ignore. Weapons tech allows you to have the same defensive strength with less units. less units = less military expense. I also like the increased number of bounces against me by players who fail to take my tech into account :)

Marshal Game profile

Mar 23rd 2013, 11:31:21

that's because spyop doesn't show tech% and many are too lazy to convert points to tech% and some don't know its meaning.

Magellaan Game profile

Mar 23rd 2013, 12:11:32

If you look at your saved spyops you can see the tech%.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 27th 2013, 6:37:56

Yup, just remember their defense bonus % before you go there, because that's not in the saved op. lol
The EEVIL Empire

Kindness Game profile

May 16th 2013, 9:20:14

I've played indy several times and it seems that it is one of the most ineffective strategies. I've gotten much farther with farmer and techer. It seems the problem with indy is just staying afloat. You have to sell all or most of your military several times a day just to build, attack, and for food. It's ironic but the one that produces the military always seems to have the least military units.
Killing with kindness since 1969

Kindness Game profile

May 16th 2013, 9:21:08

But I only play on express. I'm too impatient for the others.
Killing with kindness since 1969

Xinhuan Game profile

May 16th 2013, 16:48:26

That's the nature of indies on Express. Indies are far more balanced on Primary and Tournament server, and only require you to sell once a day (because there are less turns everyday).

Fact is that you need to sell military roughly every 50 to 80 turns you play as an indy, but you get so many turns on Express that to play effectively on Express, you need to sell every 4 hours or more. They mitigated this SLIGHTLY by increasing the maximum amount of units you can sell from 35% to 60% just for Commies on Express server.

But the fact remains that if you want to play an indy on Express, be prepared to play every 4 hours. Every 2 hours ideally, as that is the PS cooldown.

(Indies consistently get into the top 10 every reset on the other 2 solo servers. There are usually more indies than any other strat on all solo servers in the top 10 as well.)

PBT Game profile

Jun 5th 2013, 1:06:04

get big

fazer Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 6:07:18

Commi is good on alliance early set. But then techers and farmers can usually catch up and compete by week 2 end or 3. Techer jetter is a good strategy if you want to retal.x early set tech prices are crazy :)
- -

Fazer - MGP

"if somethings not fun, why do it?"

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=MGP

bstrong86 Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 21:46:14

Go away
The Death Knights

XI

SLOTH FACTS

Sep 10th 2013, 17:52:55

sloths are related to armadillos and anteaters.

ggdrazil Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 3:04:32

i only use turns and then sell military. its not that hard

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 28th 2013, 17:48:08

hmm. just sell as often as you can, you dont actually need all those units. have defensive allies or GDI or both. and techs, anything to decrease expenses and keeps your acres and increases your production.

then all that's left is trial and error. just dont run it like any other strat, play a few sets and see what you learn from it. that's how i did it.

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 28th 2013, 17:49:36

Originally posted by Kindness:
But I only play on express. I'm too impatient for the others.

im too impatient for express, i need at least 3 more express servers.