Verified:

5hade Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 10:02:25

Firstly, let me check that selling goods on the market is First On, First Off.

So if Country A sells bushels at $35, and then Country B sells bushels for $35, then Country A's bushels will sell first.

Is that correct?

Secondly, how are standing orders filled. Let's say we have 4 countries:

Country A places a standing order for 1m bushels at $35 or less
Then, Country B places a standing order for 1m bushels at $34 or less <-- note the lower price
Then, Country C places a standing order for 1m bushels at $33 or less
Then, Country D places a standing order for 1m bushels at $34 or less

If 3m bushels comes onto the market at $32, what happens?
Is the earliest appropriate SO filled first (Country A)?
Is the closest dollar value SO filled first (Country C)?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 13:39:18

yes market is fifo.

sos are also fifo at same price request and lowest price comes 1st but those get moved down when those get partially filled so in your case c gets 1m bushels and order vanishes and same happens to b and d and after 48 hrs so vanishes.

Edited By: Marshal on Jan 2nd 2014, 15:53:02
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 17:25:42

Originally posted by 5hade:
Firstly, let me check that selling goods on the market is First On, First Off.

So if Country A sells bushels at $35, and then Country B sells bushels for $35, then Country A's bushels will sell first.

Is that correct?

Incorrect. Goods placed on the market take a random amount of time to reach the market. On Alliance server for example, this is between 4-5 hours, so unless A placed his food at least 1 hour before B placed his on the market, there is no guarantee A's food will arrive on the market first.

Luck bonus affects the amount of time taken.

Originally posted by 5hade:
Secondly, how are standing orders filled. Let's say we have 4 countries:

Country A places a standing order for 1m bushels at $35 or less
Then, Country B places a standing order for 1m bushels at $34 or less <-- note the lower price
Then, Country C places a standing order for 1m bushels at $33 or less
Then, Country D places a standing order for 1m bushels at $34 or less

If 3m bushels comes onto the market at $32, what happens?
Is the earliest appropriate SO filled first (Country A)?
Is the closest dollar value SO filled first (Country C)?

The $32 food is checked against A's order, which is at the front of the SO line. Since that satisfies the price of $35 or lower, all of it goes to A. If there are remainder food, the next SO in line by B is checked, and so on. If an SO buys at least 1 bushel, it gets moved to the end of the queue (if the whole SO isn't completed). Let's say the amount of food sold at $32 was very little. The SO queue will get updated to

B $34, C $33, D $34, A $35.

If some $35 food now comes along, it checks against B and fails. It checks against C and fails, D and fails, then finally A gets the $35 food. Note that B, C and D's position in the queue isn't affected since they didn't purchase anything. This means that over time, cheaper SOs percolate to the front of the queue, until they buy at least 1 bushel and get moved to the end.

All SOs also get moved to the end of the queue after a random amount of time between 72-96 hours, so that you cannot place a cheap $10 SO at the start of the reset and have it stay there the whole set for large market transfers.

Yes, placing 3 SOs means you have 3 positions in the SO queue.

5hade Game profile

Jan 2nd 2014, 20:37:40

Many thanks. That explains some of the unusual behaviour of some large standing orders that I have.