Verified:

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 7:33:31

do you usually wait for the 12 hr or 16 hr bonus or do you check your country more often? I guess it varies per server also.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 14:45:58

alliance twice a day, ffa same.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 19:14:37

excuse me 12 / 18 hour. theoretically checking your country every turn and playing it would be best, except for this bonus, because you would have the most up to date information and your country would always be at it's peak however I think that even without the bonus waiting a day might be best anyway, since a broader strategic vision is enabled by having a multitude of turns. The 3-6 turn bonus is pretty big so I guess waiting exactly 18 hours is optimal.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 20:14:42

we get 3 turns (outside express, team, primary and tourny) per hour so useless to check it every 20 mins since not much can be done with 1 turn, if you are restocking then checking every 2 hrs is ok.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

5hade Game profile

Jan 7th 2014, 13:41:17

Some strategies benefit from selling goods twice per day. Indies and techers can only sell 25% of their goods in a single sale (35% for indies, and more in the Express server). So by logging in twice a day to sell, these strategies can make lots more cash, which can be important at time to increase land growth.

On the Team server, the PS return time is 10h, so it's quite viable to log in twice a day and make PS attacks. Again, this will greatly increase the rate of land growth.

Outside of that, the 18-hour bonus turns provide a 16% increase in productivity, which is hard to match with any other login strategy. And if you use an 18-18-12 login pattern, you can even sleep at normal times!

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 7th 2014, 15:23:26

Originally posted by qwertyqwerty:
do you usually wait for the 12 hr or 16 hr bonus or do you check your country more often? I guess it varies per server also.

Depends on your strat, whether indy/techer/etc, and how early/late in the reset it is, and which server. This is very circumstantial and the answer will be different for every server for every strat, whether you are stocking, destocking or doing a startup.

Generally speaking, these 2 main factors will affect how often you login:
1. How long PSes take to return home. This is the main factor during grabbing phase. On express, you login every 2 hours and ignore the 12/18h bonus. On Team, every 12 hours. On Primary, every 20-24 hours. On Alliance, it depends whether you are WR-feeding (every 6 hours to sell goods), bottomfeeding (every 30 min to check for new farmland) or landtrading (once a day).

2. Whether you are stocking, market-playing, about to destock, at the start of the reset doing tech starts, etc. What is optimal is situational. For stocking, usually exactly every 18 hours (except Express). For market play, either 12 or 18. For destocking, either irrelevant for Theo jumps, or you might be doing a 40 hour logout(pri/all).

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jan 7th 2014, 15:29:23
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2014, 16:25:08

Originally posted by 5hade:
Outside of that, the 18-hour bonus turns provide a 16% increase in productivity, which is hard to match with any other login strategy. And if you use an 18-18-12 login pattern, you can even sleep at normal times!
This!!1 This!!!!111111
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

TDA101 Game profile

Jan 21st 2014, 5:32:48

Express - Every 2 minutes LOL

blid

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2014, 3:29:25

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Nejer Game profile

Jan 31st 2014, 20:08:02

Depends on real life commitments too. Generally I think going for the 18 hour bonus is best, but sometimes one must adapt to one's real life schedule too.

Daggermaw Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 4:16:01

Originally posted by Marshal:
we get 3 turns (outside express, team, primary and tourny) per hour so useless to check it every 20 mins since not much can be done with 1 turn, if you are restocking then checking every 2 hrs is ok.

agreed

hsifreta Game profile

Feb 9th 2014, 12:41:51

ever 0.3 hours on express. =P

i disagree with checking it too often on other servers, i cant do anything unless if i ahve 40+ turns on hand and if my jets are back from their PS, but that's just me. i cant see the big picture 1 turn at a time, esp if im on all 6 servers.

Edited By: hsifreta on Feb 9th 2014, 12:43:56
See Original Post

Tr1bune Game profile

Feb 13th 2014, 14:20:11

I generally check my country twice a day, once when i wake up, once in the evening. So about 12-18 hours.

zerozerozero Game profile

Feb 25th 2014, 22:00:45

same as above for me (since I have work and other thigs to do) except on weekends when I can wait till 18 hours is up :)

Killags Game profile

Mar 6th 2014, 1:36:37

Twice a day, except on days off. But when it's a slow day at work, I tend to try and kill time with any game available ;)