Verified:

Crowgora Game profile

May 22nd 2013, 20:48:46

is it a viable strat on express?

Vic Game profile

May 22nd 2013, 21:02:28

it is viable.

the greater the market fluctuates, the greater the ability to achieve margin in reselling - so the success of a reseller is directly dependent on the volatility of the market.

stable markets present less fluctuations and less opportunity to realize margin.

Mischiefdemon is the best (and only) reseller i've seen in express. He's won 2 resets as a demo reseller. One reset both myself and blid identified MD's country as nub - he stayed mono late and had what appeared to be a rainbow of buildings.

we were both retalled and soon saw that it was mischiedfdemon in the middle of a reseller conversion. and i think he won that reset?

so it is viable. but only for the most experienced imo

blid

EE Patron

May 22nd 2013, 21:57:08

No he hasn't. He won as a techer with maybe a conversion at the destock period. metygl has done that as well. The retarded building cost tweak has kind of killed that strategy though.

I've seen tduong succeed with a reseller but not win.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

May 22nd 2013, 22:28:15

Nope.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 23rd 2013, 20:19:30

i've finished second with a last day(full day) MBR converted from Theo Techer. would have finished first, but i pissed off llaar and he ss'd me a few times to second. heh.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Crowgora Game profile

May 23rd 2013, 22:28:39

lol that happens to everyone i think. Another question though, if i sell constantly, why does it take way longer to get things to the market?

Vic Game profile

May 24th 2013, 6:46:28

good question. does anyone know the algorithm for timing of goods reaching market?

fazer Game profile

May 24th 2013, 13:05:02

Best gov would have to be demo right ? Given the fluctuation and market coms you could end up just breaking even or loosing $$ right ?
- -

Fazer - MGP

"if somethings not fun, why do it?"

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=MGP

Vic Game profile

May 24th 2013, 13:16:59

in theory you could go theo mbr reseller and buy on private and resell on pub, but that is pretty much epic fail these days.

0% commissions for dems certainly helps if attempting to day trade the market

Medic Game profile

May 24th 2013, 15:09:29

Vic - why is the TMBR fail now? Having been gone for a while I'm outta the loop.

Is it just the market prices overall have dropped, and re-sell margins are too narrow?
Patty loves a big dict

zerozerozero Game profile

May 24th 2013, 22:14:35

tmbr can work but the timing's a bit off in express.. :(

Crowgora Game profile

May 27th 2013, 17:32:29

reseller can work, but people get to worried on the speed of things selling and cut the price to awful points. tanks went at one point for 450 i think, maybe lower honestly. troops dropped to around 95 for a while. kinda makes for garbage profits. Lesson learned, had to try it atleast once!

fazer Game profile

May 28th 2013, 1:33:23

yeah for me i don't even attempt because i still haven't figured out the timing on the market yet. Even tho i had to stop playing a day before last reset ended, i haven't figured out the cycle on the market. I'd dump 2m jets or turrents twice a day but the price would fluctuate and some douche would come and drop a bunch totally undercut.

Its not stable, and running a non demo i would fear you'd get killed with market coms... Just my thoughts,
- -

Fazer - MGP

fazer Game profile

May 28th 2013, 1:34:07

Biggest issue tho with express as i saw this set is land. Because its a short set, land is hard to come by. You grab some nub once, and he suicides on you with his multies or other in game mates doing the same thing..
- -

Fazer - MGP

Crowgora Game profile

May 28th 2013, 3:30:54

I agree, i was doing great with profit until Saturday. Troops sold at 130 jets at 150 turrets at 160 and tanks at 550. Having the lowest private market prices gave me great growth the first couple days, but then noobs took over.

Crowgora Game profile

May 28th 2013, 3:33:38

But i had to try it at least once to see how the process would go. If the market was more stable, i could make a killing with 7k acres. But im thinking im going to try dictator farmer next set, thoughts?

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Jan 9th 2014, 9:03:11

might as well go farmer / oiler dict

TDA101 Game profile

Jan 9th 2014, 9:06:31

No one buys troops or tanks making it a worse strat.

h2orich Game profile

Jan 9th 2014, 9:07:57

Originally posted by Vic:
good question. does anyone know the algorithm for timing of goods reaching market?

isnt it random? like any number between 900 and 2700 seconds?

5hade Game profile

Jan 9th 2014, 19:59:32

What TDA101 says is the main reason. With the special GDI on Express, there's no reason for a top country to buy troops and tanks, as long as they grab sensibly.

Reselling turrets is a crappy way to make a profit.