Verified:

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 12th 2010, 19:15:49

Tell me some things about these alliances. Where they started, what they did. etc.

Forest- I know they were in Fog and they were a decent sized power when I first started. Who were they, what did they do, where did they go?

vVv- Noone ever brings these guys up. I barely remember them, but do remember that they were really nice guys. I just don't remember who they were. Haha

+Kya

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 12th 2010, 19:20:01

Hmm... by the time I got to playing Forest had already merged into Trees and could no longer been seen on the server.

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 12th 2010, 19:22:55

Forest...fog..trees..

What happend to GIM too? heh
Gorillas in the Mist. They merged with someone and formed something...
+Kya

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 12th 2010, 19:33:28

Didn't Forest change their name to SYN, then Merged into Legion?

Not sure what happened to vVv...think they were Talon, then their name got changed.

Hold on, did a quick search in atarchive...

Forest:
(search for the word 'Forest'):
http://atarchive.gotdns.org:8080/...hivepost.jsp?thread=72077
http://atarchive.gotdns.org:8080/...hivepost.jsp?thread=72200
http://atarchive.gotdns.org:8080/...hivepost.jsp?thread=72537
http://atarchive.gotdns.org:8080/...hivepost.jsp?thread=74925

vVv:
http://atarchive.gotdns.org:8080/...ivepost.jsp?thread=143931

"Ballzac
Member May 11th, 2004 12:49
GiM and vVv merged to form Phoenix. Phoenix and I believe CNA formed Divine Justice (DJ) and then they merged w/ someone else, theFist members perhapds to form VieNNa.

There in lies your answer young one, VieNNa's contact page!

vienna.gamerstown.com (I think this is there site)."
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

de1i Game profile

Aug 12th 2010, 19:59:30

I think GIM merged into TIE, or TIE smacked IX for hitting them?

Was one of my first sets "/

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 12th 2010, 20:36:03

Forrest was created by that guy from NLS... crap what was his name again... Barron? something to that effect.

He was nice, but has been gone for a long time

Ruthie

Aug 12th 2010, 22:07:02

Don Mach ?
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 12th 2010, 22:13:16

This is Monster lore from a reset or maybe two before I joined the New Monsters. I believe it was roughly the same time frame that LadyGrizz's UED merged into NM, to put it into a slightly larger context. Sorry for the unknowns and any accuracy mistakes that may come out.

Guerrillas In the Mist's original leaders (at least 3 of them) were in NM. They weren't in game multies to the best of my knowledge... I'm not sure if they were tagged NM or GIM, but either way they were playing both sides to the middle. They were maintaining access to our website, using our strats, et al to the benefit of their up and coming clan.

So the story goes, a save turns notice was posted on our boards. After everyone, included the GIM'ers checked in for the kill run, the targets were revealed. Monster leadership had uncovered their duplicity - they had just checked into their own kill run :-)

I remember all this because my vetting process was a little longer than normal. I am an outspoken Aggie, and two of the GIM leaders were also in school at College Station at that time. Cartoon and co. wanted to make sure I was a coincidence and not a multie. Coincidently, this process is where I first met Ben Raines, when he contacted me through ICQ, but thats another story...

Relations between everyone in GIM and NM stayed positive though. All three eventually played as Monsters again. Josh would show up from time to time, sometimes dragging Penguin with him. Kxau even became one of our diplomats for a time if I recall.

Ah, good times...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

ponderer Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 4:17:21

never heard of these "old alliances" except for forest, but I remember them being a spam clan.

--edit need to do a better job of reading - apologies to cartoon.
m0m0rific

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 13th 2010, 6:19:36

i was in forest, i was a divison leader

but i only remember bits and pieces,

barron was the leader at first , i know i took over as a leader of some sort at some point , didn't like the idea of Fog tho was outvoted, i quit and went to NM the reset after the fog war
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

OGT Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 13:05:43

i assumed vVv and GIm were multies or bots lol

forrest was one of RoCK/Legions DPs back in the day

archaic Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 13:16:23

penguin - there's a name I have not heard in a while

I recall applying to vienna once to see if I could get site access to do a bit of spying for someone, might have been my brief stint in RAGE. It was during the time that you could not play earth if you had a hotmail address and as I had just graduated from college and lost my .edu account, I was out of the game for about a year so I never found out if I got accepted. I remember it because the Vienna Gambit was one of my favorite chess openings . . .

Man this game is old. I was a moderator at Playsite.com and I remember trying to recruit all of the other playsiters to come and play earth.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

OGT Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 13:24:28

hmm ive used the same email since 97 to play earth, now sure what kinda crack your hitting over there.

archaic Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 14:06:25

For a while in the late 90's, mehul restricted the use of certain web based email domains (hotmail and Yahoo I believe) to restrict multies.

Somebody back me up here.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Shinigami Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 14:16:59

Ehh... by 98 or 99 at least you could use Hotmail. I used it, switched to my .edu addy for a bit, then to gmail and have used it ever since.

Or so I assume at least... I suppose I could have gotten some other non-hotmail address to play Earth but I don't remember doing so and doubt I'd have been bothered to have.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 13th 2010, 15:32:55

unfortunately since iname.com is long gone I no longer use th0se emails...

and

rip
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

diez Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 15:49:29

I used a @swirve.com mail lol.

ponderer Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 17:50:37

I used rocketmail when I first started playing. Long gone.

Don't remember a hotmail restriction.
m0m0rific

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 22:17:47

Grelk and I came on board in GIM circa 2000 and we helped to start that war with IX. I conspired with patience for TIE to jump in and slaughter IX but then IX called in LCN and we got hammered.

The founder of GIM was named Josh if I do recall. They were suprisingly bad for being NMrs I seem to remember. We merged with a crappier alliance and changed names but I can't recall what to.. I was against the merger and dipped to join RED I think it was.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 13th 2010, 22:19:18

lol i had an @swirve.com address for a bit ;)
Finally did the signature thing.

dustfp Game profile

Aug 13th 2010, 22:29:20

yep, I used a @swirve email as well :p
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

oats Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 5:11:06

I believe SoF and a bunch of other alliances turned the forest into farmland.

OGT Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 5:16:10

i dont believe forrest was ever really that good, I remember wondering why we were fighting with FORREST in the xFoGx coalition cause they stunk ingame except for their numbers... alls I knows is MD/Arrow Stomped xFoGx and thats when i decided to join with the victors cause legions days seemed numbered.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 15th 2010, 5:38:16

Fog was never going to do well

it was made up of at least 6 - 7 alliances and most didn't talk to each other haha
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

OGT Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 6:07:59

i was aware they were just one of the couple alliances I thought that about.. I never understood why they made that move.. i can't even think of all the alliances that were in it, SEAWOLF, NLS, FORREST, Legion.. thats all I can remember

legion Game profile

Aug 15th 2010, 23:04:48

Fog was a joke, more like an experiment to see how many personalities one person could keep up in several alliances.

Great success, great failure
Nobody puts baby in a corner

OGT Game profile

Aug 16th 2010, 11:25:55

lol

go fig

Grimm Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 18:24:01

I think that hotmail restriction came in around the same time MP started giving out mail accounts. I think I was using an address.com email addy at the time so I'm not sure why I remember that :P

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 20th 2010, 19:55:48

PoW and HAN were also in fog

Marshal Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 20:32:42

Originally posted by Grimm:
I think that hotmail restriction came in around the same time MP started giving out mail accounts. I think I was using an address.com email addy at the time so I'm not sure why I remember that :P

hotmail-restriction wasn't anymore at 2005.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

ponderer Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 20:48:18

HAN was a shadow of its former self in FoG.

Fog grew out of the wreckage of RoCK and its allies.
m0m0rific