Verified:

giants1223 Game profile

Sep 27th 2013, 18:06:25

I run casher in Express and Primary. Not entirely sure what destocking is. Upon reading some previous posts it sounds like destocking is saving money to purchase military at the end of the game to gain NW but that sounds like stocking to me. Or am I totally off? Is destocking selling food/tech/military at the end and then buying the cheapest military/per NW. I'm a confused NOOB

Marshal Game profile

Sep 27th 2013, 19:26:25

destocking is selling your stocks (bushels usually) near end of set (depending if you have maxed military tech and public price is it better to sell in priv or public) and with that money you buy military either from priv or public (depending which is cheaper) and by end of set you should have ~0 cash left (if you have alot left after buying your priv empty then most likely you can't spend your money on anything which would increase your nw).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

ZIP Game profile

Oct 24th 2013, 19:14:18

after you hold more then 2 bil cash you start to lose some each turn to corruption - money sickens the mind. So most people buy food and then place it on the market at a price it will not sell.

that is stocking - so destocking is the opposit and yes you have it after that you buy cheapest mill / nw.

you know of the wiki?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

hsifreta Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 15:44:22

what i dont get is why indies would sell at cheap prices just before destocking. is that so they can run more turns? how low are prices before its not worth selling?

hsifreta Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 15:44:53

also if you're a techer, how low should tech prices be before you stop selling?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 16:15:42

indy: since they produce army their min price is their priv market's sell price +10% taxes and few bucks profit.

techer: that depends partially on techers tech per turn, if can tech 10k points or more per turn then even near min prices bring millions of cash, usually when prices drop to 1k or under techers stop teching and sell techs only.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 16:17:33

If you're an indy, you sell to generate money to run more turns (until the additional turn's production becomes less than the actual amount of upkeep needed to spend said turn).

if you're a techer, the same thing applies - you continue teching turns until the upkeep of spending 1 turn exceeds what you can get from selling the tech you would get that same turn. You should only stop selling tech if tech prices in $/NW fall below military $/NW in order to maximize your NW.

5hade Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 0:21:29

Military costs upkeep, so a commie that keeps lots of military on hand loses cash each turn.

I calculated it out once. Let's say you have one jet, and there are 1000 turns left in the set.

You are better to sell that jet for $100 and buy a jet later for $180, rather than holding the jet for 1000 turns and paying upkeep.

I think the breakeven point is around 500 turns - you're better off keeping the jet for 500 turns, if prices are around $100.

Edited By: 5hade on Jan 16th 2014, 0:24:02
See Original Post

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 2:40:12

Did you forget about food upkeep in your calculations? ;)

Also, if selling that jet causes you to go above $2b cash, then you will eat corruption on that money for the remainder turns, which also affects said calculation.

And then if you chose to stock food or something to avoid the 2b corruption, then you have to take into account 10% taxes and price fluctuations of said good.