Verified:

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 18:20:27

Suck it, Murcia football is the best

Really though, Denver got Talib and Ware? Seriously? That D should be intense.

My panthers are going to trade or cut Smith? 89 is the only Panthers jersey I have ever owned. I have bought a few over the years. I can’t imagine a Panthers squad without him. He has been with the Panthers for 12 years, and made 5 pro bowls despite never really having a solid QB other than pre-meltdown Delhomme, and hasn't had a true #2 WR since Moose retired in 09! Put that into perspective, the Panthers have only existed for 19 seasons, and Smitty played in 12 of them. It is like when they cut Kasey after he had played for the Panthers their first 15 years, and he went to play another year with the Saints before retiring in 2011.

Sad offseason for the Panthers. Not to mention everyone retiring and Hardy franchised, hopefully they can reach a long term deal. But I hear they are looking at going after Nicks. If he isn't as worthless as he has been recently and plays to his potential in his home city (he is from Charlotte, went to a HS 4 miles from where I grew up) that could be a good situation. Still need a #2 though. Lafell isn’t it.

Edited By: mrford on Mar 12th 2014, 18:29:19
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 20:07:19

Smith's a 34 year old receiver, with only ~750 yards and 4 TDs last year... I don't know if I'd spend 7 mil on him next year..

However, it's interesting that Carolina reportedly didn't ask him to restructure his contract. Smith should go play for Denver for his last year or two :)

mrford Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 20:42:43

i mean, i want him to get a ring, and be a HoFer, but seeing him in colors other than the black, blue, and white will be weird.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Mar 12th 2014, 21:24:09

I agree man, that one year (I think '07?) He basically carried them by himself. Was so impressive.

Against double/triple coverage too.

Boltar Game profile

Mar 13th 2014, 4:51:57

my condolences on smith.. if nicks stays healthy he will beast for u guys if u get him.. go grab miles austin to be ur #2 he isnt bad.. giants played him twice every year. always did well even with tony h0m0 as his qb

mrford Game profile

Mar 13th 2014, 5:23:50

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
I agree man, that one year (I think '07?) He basically carried them by himself. Was so impressive.

Against double/triple coverage too.

yeah, in 07-08 they were having a spectacular year, and had 2 1000 yard RBs and jake was slinging the rock. and then in their first playoff game, at home, on jakes bday, he had 5 turnovers to the fluffing cardinals. i remember it well, i was in a bar and just decided to get wasted.

my favorite Panthers team was the Cardiac Cats. the Superbowl run in 03-04. you dont understand how many last second, and overtime wins that team had that year. they won 7 games by 3 or fewer points, a NFL record, and played in FIVE road OT games that year winning 4 of them, also a NFL record. and who can forget that Rams Divisional playoff game where on the first play in 2OT smitty caught that long TD pass to go to the NFC champ game. if anyone has some spare time and likes football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMaS8VyYHF0

pretty good vid on that miracle year, and epic depression after a last second field goal.

Edited By: mrford on Mar 13th 2014, 5:26:24
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 13th 2014, 5:41:20

Do you really watch that made for TV commercials game with everyone wearing all their armour so they don't get hurt?

Walbertross Game profile

Mar 13th 2014, 9:14:38

nect

mdevol Game profile

Mar 13th 2014, 9:49:50

Lions signed Golden Tate and are likely going to add Sammy Watkins or a playmaking TE in the 1st round.

Best offense in NFC

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Trife Game profile

Mar 13th 2014, 15:18:22

FACT:

The Steeers still have more superbowl rings than any other team!

FACT:

The Steelers won't be getting any more superbowls rings anytime soon.

mrford Game profile

Mar 13th 2014, 15:23:58

Originally posted by mdevol:
Lions signed Golden Tate and are likely going to add Sammy Watkins or a playmaking TE in the 1st round.

Best offense in NFC

until the 4th quarter
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Detmer Game profile

Mar 14th 2014, 2:22:55

I am glad we cleared out Golden Tate to make space for Steve Smith.

mrford Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 5:33:57

mother. fluffing. baltimore. and we play this year :(
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 8:19:25

excerpt from an ESPN article

"Some of you in Carolina Pantherland are in a state of panic this morning. OK, a lot of you are.

You are freaking out that your team dumped all-time leading receiver Steve Smith and got nothing in return. Losing free safety Mike Mitchell (Steelers), wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. (Cardinals), wide receiver Domenik Hixon (Bears) and cornerback Captain Munnerlyn (Vikings) to other teams makes it feel worse.

Then you see Cincinnati offensive tackle Anthony Collins pick Tampa Bay over Carolina at a big need position. You see New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks visiting Indianapolis and wonder if general manager Dave Gettleman & Co. will get a shot at him.

The re-signing of backup quarterback Derek Anderson to a two-year deal hasn't eased your pain. "
Swagger of a Chupacabra

de1i Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 15:37:54

PEPPERS

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 15th 2014, 15:57:01

Chiefs lost a few players.

mrford Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 18:13:22

Originally posted by de1i:
PEPPERS

whenever i see someone wearing a panthers peppers jersey i get violent thoughts. i hate that guy for the way he left.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ssewellusmc

Mar 15th 2014, 18:55:53

B-more will be a good fit for smith!

Makolyte Game profile

Mar 16th 2014, 14:11:41

Originally posted by mrford:
Originally posted by mdevol:

Best offense in NFC

until the 4th quarter

The new head coach will hopefully change this.

http://www.freep.com/...detroit-lions-jeff-seidel

Self-destructing in the 4th and having a fluff ton of penalties are discipline issues. The Lions have so much talent and Schwartz squandered that. He was hopeful at first, but that's not hard to do when you're coming in after an 0-16 season. So yeah, if Caldwell can do what he says by focusing on discipline then the "best offense in the NFC" is going to be deadly.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------