Verified:

spchavel Game profile

Apr 5th 2014, 5:24:30

So I joined this set about midway through after about a ten year hiates, and am just looking for some opions about my strategy.

More specifically, I am wondering if any of you all bother investing in Military Tech when running a Rep Cash country? I have been considering dumping some money into in for the following reasons:

1. Military being my biggest expense, the more I save there the more I can spend elsewhere
2. Because I am getting diminished returns when I approach the maximum of Business and Residential Technology, the money may be better spent reducing expenses

Is this logic sound, or should I just continue to focus on keeping Bus/Res above 175%?

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 5th 2014, 6:00:59

Personally, I get a metric fluff-ton of military tech, regardless of the strategy I run. I would not consider it an either/or proposition though. I encourage you to also maintain high Bus/Res levels as well.

That's just me though, and really, what do I know...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

spchavel Game profile

Apr 5th 2014, 6:12:54

Thanks for the feedback, I haven't let them slip from 170% since I got them there, but having started about three weeks into the set I feel like I don't have a lot of room for error. Obviously I don't expect to be in the top ten this set, but I would like to get a decent refresher on the game before the reset.

spchavel Game profile

Apr 5th 2014, 6:31:00

Another thing I have been wondering about is my spies/acre count, I have basically been keeping 10% of my land as Industrial Complexes producing 100% spies for the majority of my play. Now that I am opproaching 20 SPAL, I am considering adjusting that percentage, or perhaps transfering production over to Troops for a bit.

lenshark Game profile

Apr 5th 2014, 6:47:50

Yep, military tech definitely after maxing your primary techs bus and res.

mrford Game profile

Apr 5th 2014, 6:56:07

mil tech not only reduces your expenses, it also lowers your private market price, helping your $ per NW at the end of the set destock.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ZoSo

EE Patron

Apr 5th 2014, 15:44:47

In addition to the benefits of Military Tech mentioned above, and unlike the E2025 of ten years ago, it also has the opposite effect of increasing the price of bushels you sell on your private market, to a max of $35 per for Repubs with no military bases. This also is helpful for the end of set destock as you can avoid the 6% public market tax when the prevailing public market price is less than $40.

To determine what % Military Tech you'll need to sell on your Private Market @$35, remember that the game rounds to whole numbers for bushel prices so you only need enough Military Tech to reach $34.50001. The Base Price is $29.
So:
29/34.50001 = .8405794 or 84.058% Military Costs
How many tech points is that? Just plug your country info and target Mil Tech % here for a very close approximation: http://www.eestats.com/techcalc

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Apr 5th 2014, 16:32:57

NOT THAT IT ADDS VALUE AT THIS POINT AS THE QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED, BUT BECAUSE I LIKE TO HEAR MYSELF TYPE, I WILL CHIME IN AND SAY ME TOO!

I LIKE TO PLAY REP CASHER ON ALLIANCE, AND WHILE I'M NOT AS RELIGIOUS ABOUT IT AS THE OTHER TWO, MIL TECH GETS SOME LOVE FROM BILL!

HA!
BILL

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 7th 2014, 15:57:22

Originally posted by mrford:
mil tech not only reduces your expenses, it also lowers your private market price, helping your $ per NW at the end of the set destock.

also increases your bushel sell price, if you're destocking and market prices arent too high