Verified:

aron82 Game profile

May 7th 2014, 13:37:26

I am saving turns now, can someone sell bushels at $35 again, or do I need to build up more farms so that I can produce my own food?

Desperado Game profile

May 7th 2014, 13:56:33

you can by what I put on the market, and you'll pay what I decide!

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Crippler ICD Game profile

May 7th 2014, 15:09:13

Haha

Most netting farmers are stocking now so they sell enough to play turns and the rest is being stocked
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

vern Game profile

May 7th 2014, 16:35:06

people just dont get it

aron82 Game profile

May 7th 2014, 16:44:12

people just dont get it what?

Crippler ICD Game profile

May 7th 2014, 17:38:44

Supply and demand :-P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2014, 19:35:54

if you lose 10k bushels per turn you would need tons of farms to get positive production or alot agritech combined with hundreds of farms and either way you would be fluffed up.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Twain Game profile

May 7th 2014, 19:52:45

aron: I know I've seen your name a few times, but I don't know how knowledgeable you are, so I'm assuming you need some basics. Each set has a pretty typical path based on the fact that almost everyone plays the same strategy.

The netters first start by trying to build up construction sites, technology levels, and land, often, but not always, in that order.
Once they get big and fat and have high tech levels, they start to stockpile a resource--typically food, but some people try to play with tech or oil markets. But again, most people stockpile food.

Because of this, that means farmers are holding on to more of their bushels, stockpiling instead of selling, and cashers and techers are spending more money on bushels and less on military/tech/oil, so bushels are going to go up in price and stay up for a good portion of the set.

A few people will use the "decay/corruption" bonus and will sell off stockpiles early, so there will probably be a little drop in bushel prices at some point, but overall, it'll stay much higher until the last days of the set when everyone is trying to dump their bushels to buy military and gain the most net.

The concept behind this is that military costs a lot of upkeep, so it's better to cash in as much as possible on your turns when you have little upkeep.

LAstly, no, don't build farms. If you're a casher or techer, keep doing your thing and buy the bushels. It sucks to pay so much, but it's more efficient for your country to buy $50 bushels than to build enough farms and buy enough tech to produce your own food.

If any of this doesn't make sense, either ask questions or join a clan with strong netgainers who can mentor you (most any clan near the top of the TNW charts will have people knowledgeable enough to give you the guidance you need).

aron82 Game profile

May 7th 2014, 22:39:30

120 +(120) turns. NO money and no food. Turrets for sale at 180. Will be back in 12 hors and maybe turrets sold so I can buy some food :)

Marshal Game profile

May 8th 2014, 12:12:35

where the hell have you spent your money?

aron82 Game profile

May 8th 2014, 12:19:35

I just bnought alot of turrets and troops and tanks :D

jcatron Game profile

May 8th 2014, 12:28:25

aron82 had several top 100 finishers and a top 10 last set...i think he gets it :P

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 8th 2014, 16:16:40

Last set was a joke when it came to netting, almost every strat had an ideal set, except maybe farmer, and even then, it wasn't terrible, and the fact that most of the server was at war, made it super easy to get top 100s
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

kemo Game profile

May 8th 2014, 17:24:45

Originally posted by Twain:
aron: I know I've seen your name a few times, but I don't know how knowledgeable you are, so I'm assuming you need some basics. Each set has a pretty typical path based on the fact that almost everyone plays the same strategy.

The netters first start by trying to build up construction sites, technology levels, and land, often, but not always, in that order.
Once they get big and fat and have high tech levels, they start to stockpile a resource--typically food, but some people try to play with tech or oil markets. But again, most people stockpile food.

Because of this, that means farmers are holding on to more of their bushels, stockpiling instead of selling, and cashers and techers are spending more money on bushels and less on military/tech/oil, so bushels are going to go up in price and stay up for a good portion of the set.

A few people will use the "decay/corruption" bonus and will sell off stockpiles early, so there will probably be a little drop in bushel prices at some point, but overall, it'll stay much higher until the last days of the set when everyone is trying to dump their bushels to buy military and gain the most net.

The concept behind this is that military costs a lot of upkeep, so it's better to cash in as much as possible on your turns when you have little upkeep.

LAstly, no, don't build farms. If you're a casher or techer, keep doing your thing and buy the bushels. It sucks to pay so much, but it's more efficient for your country to buy $50 bushels than to build enough farms and buy enough tech to produce your own food.

If any of this doesn't make sense, either ask questions or join a clan with strong netgainers who can mentor you (most any clan near the top of the TNW charts will have people knowledgeable enough to give you the guidance you need).
your instructions are too vague. got my fluff stuck in a light socket :(
all praised to ra

Marshal Game profile

May 8th 2014, 19:39:32

aron: are you running mil reseller?

aron82 Game profile

May 8th 2014, 19:49:16

I was trying to do like always and play all strategys at the same time, so yes I was buying and selling military, but now I cant afford to play turns, military prices dropped and food prices went high... :(

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 8th 2014, 20:17:16

oh the same thing that always happens, except sets where everyone is at war?
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

aron82 Game profile

May 8th 2014, 20:20:23

Maybe time to start a war now :)

Marshal Game profile

May 8th 2014, 21:04:09

lol@aron

there was 1 war (3 actually, hs wiped chaos, ra and learning off the map). except mil prices peaks (jets @ 175) only theo with (near) maxed mil tech or with mil bases (alot) has gotten profit on buying and selling military. my cashers are w/o stocks due war, farmers will get stock and techers have bit stock.