Verified:

General Earl Game profile

May 11th 2014, 19:25:18

We all explore, cash, and run bulk turns. We all have to scroll down, or press END to get to the bottom of the page... Can we get just a quick summary of everything that happened during those turns? Basically make a 'short mode' and 'long mode'. I don't need to investigate every turn, but I guess if I wanted to, I should be able to.. just add up the net gains/losses, etc for the amount of turns ran and give a blurb about important things. maybe use icons (with tool tips) as counters for events like tax rebates, worker strikes, etc.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 12th 2014, 0:31:00

Yea, I've been thinking about how to do this for a while; the question is, do we send *alllll* that data and just *hide* it, or do we just briefly (5 minutes? 10 minutes?) cache the data (somehow??), and fetch it via AJAX....

But yes, I agree!
Finally did the signature thing.

tellarion Game profile

May 12th 2014, 10:22:30

Have a summary and a button to expand more details

Xinhuan Game profile

May 12th 2014, 12:12:58

Please don't summarize anything that takes 3 or less turns to run. (3 turns for a Demo to attack, or to market recall).

crest23 Game profile

May 12th 2014, 14:02:20

Always thinking steps ahead, you are, Xin :)
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Marshal Game profile

May 12th 2014, 19:00:24

you explored 666 acres and earthquake destroyed 666 buildings and you got 2 chems and 2 nukes and 2 cruises and you got drought 2 times and fire in oil fields 2 times and your peoples wanted lower taxes 2 times.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....