Verified:

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 5:25:23

i know Alin, in his ignorant romainan wisdom, will come in here and troll me for having guns, but im curious

who among us is armed? and of those that are armed, how so? you dont have to name specifics if you dont wish to.

i have 2 hunting rifle, 2 shotguns, 3 target/recreational rifles, and 3 pistols. most are in a safe bolted to the foundation of my house, the 2 that arnt are in quick access safes. i usually go to the range once a week. before my little girl got sick i would go offshore with my buddies and shoot at floating targets. not much more fun than that.

Winchester 7mag
Remington .270
Benelli M1 Tatical
Mossberg 500
Ruger 10/22 takedown
SOCOM 16
Colt M4
XD Sub-Compact 9mm
Glock 23
Rossi .357 stubby

Edited By: mrford on May 22nd 2014, 5:27:26
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

iScode Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 5:56:37

I have a bat

but guns are not as cheap or available in NZ :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:03:01

just a bat?

i suppose i also have a crossbow

a Barnett Ghost 400. it is a beaut, and already had 4 bucks to its name. nom nom nom. deer jerkey is the fluffing fluff
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ddog Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:09:29

I am, one of my favorite first dates is to let a girl shoot at clays with a Remington 870 if they have never gone shooting before. And nothing fancy, .30-06, .22, and a few more, no hand guns as I don't have my restricted licence (Canadian). But I have spent a great deal of time in California and have shot a massive collection of weapons. My fav would be the .50 cal S&W magnum.

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:15:52

a .500 mag is a cool gun, but completely impractical unless you are in a survival situation like a bear attack. (they sell .500 mags in bear attack kits) not to mention they are like $2.50 a round, and thats if you get a good deal lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:17:27

My arms are the only guns I own, I do Krav Maga, but purely for self defense.
Do as I say, not as I do.

braden Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:18:45

some of us live in unfree countries :(

braden Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:19:06

when i say unfree, read fascist.

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:19:30

cool, while you are dancing around with your israeli ninja fluff, ill shoot you from a few hundred yards away. (i achevied a black belt in shodokan when i was like 12, but i dont still claim that lol.)

what self respecting former service member doesnt own a personal weapon?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:19:38

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
My arms are the only guns I own, I do Krav Maga, but purely for self defense.

against the invading jew?

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:25:08

Originally posted by mrford:
cool, while you are dancing around with your israeli ninja fluff, ill shoot you from a few hundred yards away. (i achevied a black belt in shodokan when i was like 12, but i dont still claim that lol.)

what self respecting former service member doesnt own a personal weapon?

I have an 870 Remington 12 gauge, P-94 Ruger .40 Cal, 30-06 rifle and an over-under savage .22 ontop 410 gauge on bottom. I just new you would say something about.

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:27:54

so, me making fun of you for saying you have no guns is stupid, because you actually have guns?

your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. you make me ponder considering stupidity to be a sport.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ddog Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:29:20

I have an 870 Remington 12 gauge, P-94 Ruger .40 Cal, 30-06 rifle and an over-under savage .22 ontop 410 gauge on bottom. I just new you would say something about.

We have similar taste in fire arms :P

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:33:20

Thanks, so glad your always around to help boost me up when I need it.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:36:46

Originally posted by ddog:

We have similar taste in fire arms :P

I only hope it's considered good taste, my grandfather actually hand crafted the wood himself so the 30-06 has sentimental value to me, he gave my older brother a bunch of his old rifles even after I told him my brother didn't hold value to weapons like I do, and my idiot brother pawned them and never got them back. One of them was a beautiful mauser 7.62 I asked him to will his Luger to me, but we will see if that ever happens.

iScode Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:37:28

just a bat?

i suppose i also have a crossbow

a Barnett Ghost 400. it is a beaut, and already had 4 bucks to its name. nom nom nom. deer jerkey is the fluffing fluff

Just a bat, i dont own any firearms, i have plenty of friends who do who go hunting A LOT more than me, so on the odd times I go, i just use one of theirs.

Really no need for owning firearms in NZ unless you are a regular hunter or if you live near mordor, luckily i dont :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:40:00

there is no need to own guns where i live either, unless you go hunting, but i own my firearms for sport.

also, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. when the chinks decide to collect on our debts and some wolverine fluff goes down, ill be ready! lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:46:56

I HAVE A SHOTGUN, A MUZZLE LOADER, A .22 PISTOL THAT BARELY WORKS, AND A .38 SPECIAL.

..AND ALSO MAYBE A FEW TACTICAL NUKES.

HA!

BILL
ARMED AND NOT ALL THAT [DANGER]!OUS

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:50:24

most semi auto .22 LRs dont cycle very well unless you are using some really hot ammo like CCI stingers.

i put some CCI quiets through my 10/22 takedown, and it was pretty much a bolt action gun. it wouldnt cycle for fluff. .22 LR semi-auto pistols are even worse!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:55:49

I have several.

Edited By: Heston on May 22nd 2014, 19:37:45
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:57:03

[quote poster=BILL_DANGER; 31552; 569172] BILL ARMED AND NOT ALL THAT [DANGER]!OUS [/quote]
+1 for all laughing purposes

En4cer Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 7:27:02

Long winded process here in Australia ... Next weekend I'm doing my weapons safety course and applying for my licence after that... Can all be done online now.

iScode Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 7:40:27

there is no need to own guns where i live either, unless you go hunting, but i own my firearms for sport.

also, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. when the chinks decide to collect on our debts and some wolverine fluff goes down, ill be ready! lol

yeah too much hassle to get a license and im also a cheap fluff and guns are expensive, i dont see any point buying one when I hardly use them and when I need to, borrow off a mate.

Plus I dont think we are important enough to be invaded haha :D
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Alin Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 8:51:40

Well i was looking over AT - and noticed this thread. Before opening the thread, I was like
"nevermind" i won`t post again there because people ( specially "MrGun" ) heard my opinion about this ... several times.

But the first sentence of the thread - oh boy - kinda changed my initial intentions.

I don`t know how some people think they are safer because they own a gun - or 56 in Mrford`s case. I don`t see an armed to the teeth nation to be safe. People of modern times are overall, weak, mentally.And things can go wrong in many ways. But whatever ... i don`t need a gun where i live. I have one, i didn`t shoot it for like 6 years. 6 years ago i shoot it on new years eve - for fireworks purposes.

ddog Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 9:45:41

I counted mrford as having 10, not 56, not sure if you were trying to grossly over exaggerate to make some sort of point......

But in all seriousness Alin, (Ability to severely incapacitate/dissuade intruder with boom stick) = safer than not having ability, no?

Alin Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 10:22:01

This will go - circle. Being armed to the teeth society, the intruder would also be able to have a gun or any other sort of weapon ( legal or not ). The intruder would be also ready to use it first, because he is the initiator of the action while you, as a defender, would be surprised by it`s first strike. So unless you have a loaded gun pinned to your fluff or ass ( i suspect mrford has at least one pined weapon, on a part of his body - and by his average attitude i think it is sticked in the bum | - * |), you will still have the second chance, always.

The intruder / defending purpose does not convince me. Maybe you feel safer having a defensive weapon but overall,if everybody has weapons, than YOU ARE NOT. The weapons law should get tighter and allow fewer people to get a weapon. I think Obama initiated something about that - but i don`t know to much about it.

Don`t know how exactly you purchase a weapon of any kind in USA but in Europe you have to mark a lot a criteria in order to be allowed to carry one. I am 100% percent sure that, if you have 1 hand and can talk, you can access a gun in some states of USA.

iTarl Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 11:05:24

please dont come here Alin, for your own safety, you see we have too many guns here and that makes it unsafe.

Angel1 Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 12:24:14

The thing about committing crime (such as a home invasion) is that the perpetrator is going to want to establish control before they do anything else. This presents time for an armed homeowner to get their weapon and defend themselves, provided the perpetrator isn't just a psycho.

In a public place, the thing about concealed carry is that perpetrators don't know who is armed and who is not armed. The same rules apply, unless the perpetrator is a psycho, then people will have time to get their weapon and react.

If someone is concealed carrying, they have the choice of when they draw their weapon. Likewise, if a homeowner has a weapon hidden somewhere in the home, then they have the choice of when to get that weapon and use it. Even if you have a weapon, it can be just like you don't have a weapon at all if you choose not to get it and not to use it.

Edited By: Angel1 on May 22nd 2014, 13:52:09
-Angel1

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 12:31:38

ALIN,

PERHAPS THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU LIVE IS BETTER AT RULING ITS SUBJECTS THAN THE COUNTRY WHERE MRFORD AND I LIVE.

WHILE THE COUNTRY IN WHICH WE LIVE DOES SEEM TO CONSIDER US MORE SUBJECTS AND LESS CITIZENS WITH EACH PASSING DAY, IT IS REALLY INEPT AT RULING US. LOOK AT OUR "WAR ON DRUGS". FOR ALMOST 40 YEARS, A TOP PRIORITY OF OUR OVERLORDS HAS BEEN TO STOP AMERICANS FROM CHOOSING WHICH INTOXICANTS TO USE.

AFTER ALL OF THAT TIME, HAVE THOSE DRUGS BEEN ELIMINATED FROM OUR SOCIETY? FAR FROM IT.

I CAN SEE NO REASON WHY OUR GOVERNMENT WOULD BE ANY MORE SUCCESSFUL AT ERADICATING GUNS THAN IT HAS BEEN AT ERADICATING DRUGS. THIS IS WHERE YOUR ARGUMENT FAILS, IN MY OPINION. THOSE WHO SEEK TO RULE US MAY SUCCEED IN DISARMING PEOPLE WHO RESPECT THE LAW, BUT WHO WILL PROTECT US FROM THOSE WHO *DO NOT* RESPECT THE LAW? THE POLICE, YES. THEY'LL BE THERE IN 5 OR 10 MINUTES... IF YOU LIVE IN THE RIGHT AREA. I'M SURE AN ARMED INTRUDER CAN'T DO ANYTHING TERRIBLE DURING THAT WAIT TIME.

ANYWAY, TO THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD.. I HAVE ALWAYS HUNTED BUT AM FAIRLY NEW TO THE WORLD OF SELF DEFENSE GUNS. MY WIFE AND I JUST BOTH GOT OUR CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS LAST YEAR, BUT I HAVEN'T GOTTEN AROUND TO BUYING A HANDGUN YET. I PLAN TO BUY ONE BEFORE MY YEARLY WEEK-LONG HIKING/CAMPING TRIP THIS YEAR. MY WIFE HAS A .38, BUT I DOUBT THAT WOULD DO ME MUCH GOOD VS ANYTHING I'D BE WORRIED ABOUT IN THE WOODS. AND BESIDES THAT, ITS PINK.

elvesrus

May 22nd 2014, 13:01:40

can you have bill pose with it in his mask?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 22nd 2014, 13:03:41

actually,
if you watched bowling for columbine, when it compares the US and Canada, one of the conclusions is that rate of gun ownership isn't really the underlying factor for the large difference in violent crime rates. Chances are it probably has no effect one way or the other and many gun sales are driven by marketing to suburbanites feeding on their fear.
It isn't that hard to get a hunting rifle in Canada (legally) except within the boundaries of some major cities (which isn't due to legal reasons).

It's true that there are far more restrictions on what kind of guns you can buy here (no semi automatic weapons for example) but the ones you can buy would kill a human pretty good (or a deer).

The argument I don't get at all is to "protect you from the government". If you form a militia and try to really threaten the government, they aren't gonna send in cops with hand guns after you. If it came down to it, they would use heavy armor or air power and artillery. None of your hand held weapons are gonna scare them off.

I own a ray gun:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

mdevol Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 13:09:59

I have plenty of guns. For sport and for defense.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 22nd 2014, 13:10:53

I have 2 Norinco manufactured SKS rifles
1 Remington 870 12 gauge with military choke
H&K VP70Z pistol 9mm with 18 round mag
Kriss Vector
2 Colt 45 1911A1
and used to have more, but had to sell them off to friends because some people were looking for them. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Alin Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 13:20:35

my intention in this kind of talks is not to criticize the american life style. You government is 100th time better than mine, and you average PCI is 10th greater. That should end that discussion.

I am just pointing that ( in my opinion ) you have some flaws regarding the gun control. Everybody is armed to it`s teeth. There is slim chance that mrford, or SAM or any citizen that owns a gun, to become an aggressor in a given circumstance. In that case they won`t come bare handed at you (as a defender)

IF out of ~300 mil ( the population of USA ) 25 millions have a guns, than the chances are greater for you ( as a SUBJECT ) to encounter an armed agresor instead of a bare hands one. That is one of my many points regarding this subject.

If you guys wanna talk just to each other, than just make martian to give visa for the USA threads :). Or just ask people outside, not to intefer. But i doubt any of you want that - since you are posting it on a multi-national game forum ( of 700 players ) when you prolly have "Gun control" forums of hundreds of "ks" just from USA.

Buch Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 14:05:18

Marlin .22
Ruger 22/45
And coming soon s&w m&p sheild in .40 for carry

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 14:13:10

So many 870s. Curious, why did you all choose the 870 over the moss 500? They are both good guns imo, I just went with the mossberg because my gun shop had one in stock with the options I wanted like the thicker marine barrel and grip/stock combination.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 22nd 2014, 14:23:46

Chinese sks
Browning buckmark
Taurus .380
Taurus 1911
Taurus 9mm
A ruger 22lr
A jap 6.5 wwii rifle
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Buch Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 14:26:44

I had a Mossberg main thing if I remember right is safety position on the 870 its right behind the trigger and the Mossberg its on too and back of the receiver? I very well could be wrong long time since I have handled on but ne ways 870 is faster to come off safe and fire which comes in handy for pheasants

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 22nd 2014, 14:29:09

I can't speak for anyone else, but the Remington 870 is the definitive close range weapon in my book. It's got the short barrel and makes a hell of a pattern at 20 ft. Which is the most likely range in the event of an intruder in your house.

Angel1 Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 14:30:33

Alin, I for one, do not consider that you were criticizing the US. You're offering an opinion. My opinion differs.

Having a weapon for self defense can be the same as not having a weapon at all. If the criminal does not know that you have a weapon, then you don't have one. A concealed carry holder can choose to let the criminal's perception that they don't have a weapon stand or they can choose (at a time of their choosing) to reveal the weapon. Concealed carry holders have been responsible for stopping violence merely by drawing their weapons and letting it be known that the field has been leveled. Even in a confrontational situation where the concealed carry holder is not going to want to use their weapon (bystanders in the line of fire, etc.), the fact that they can first choose to reveal the weapon (or not) and then choose to use the weapon (or not) can make a big difference in the outcome of violent incidents. Of course, such violent public incidents are not common.

The more common incident is one in which a criminal confronts a person on their own or in a small group. Even here, weapons holders have choices. It does not necessarily make things more dangerous to let people have these choices.
-Angel1

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 22nd 2014, 14:33:51

Alin, as far as armed Americans, we like it this way because it affords us a measure of protection not only from foreign invaders, but from the potential of our government gone out of control. It provides us a method of bringing the government to heel if necessary. This was the thoughts of the founding father's of the United States when they first formed the republic. They knew in their bones that an American Despot could arise to oppress the American People, and in the history of the world, it has only taken 3% of the population to rise up and throw off the chains of tyranny. However, since the government has fire arms, it behooves the public to have fire-arms too, this way they can't just kill anyone opposed to them without some kind of repercussions. Look at what happened in Nevada at the Bundy Ranch. The BLM was throwing pregnant women to the ground and rousting everyone, trying to corral them in a "free speech zone", until the Militiamen showed up armed as heavily as the BLM, then the government's agents lost their zeal for the job they were doing pretty quickly after that.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 22nd 2014, 14:38:15

Originally posted by martian:
actually,
if you watched bowling for columbine, when it compares the US and Canada, one of the conclusions is that rate of gun ownership isn't really the underlying factor for the large difference in violent crime rates. Chances are it probably has no effect one way or the other and many gun sales are driven by marketing to suburbanites feeding on their fear.
It isn't that hard to get a hunting rifle in Canada (legally) except within the boundaries of some major cities (which isn't due to legal reasons).

It's true that there are far more restrictions on what kind of guns you can buy here (no semi automatic weapons for example) but the ones you can buy would kill a human pretty good (or a deer).

The argument I don't get at all is to "protect you from the government". If you form a militia and try to really threaten the government, they aren't gonna send in cops with hand guns after you. If it came down to it, they would use heavy armor or air power and artillery. None of your hand held weapons are gonna scare them off.

I own a ray gun:P

At the current time in the US, the government cannot use military forces within the United States due to the Posse Commitatus act, which prohibits the use of the military for civil police duties.

And they are already doing an end run around that by militarizing the police. Any department in the country can request and receive an MRAP from the defense department, and I can assure you they will use them when they feel the need.

But, as General Giap said during the Vietnam war, you cannot kill a hill of ants with an iron pick.

They cannot use that to take out as many as they need to to prevent disruption of their nefarious plans.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:02:28

I have a Taurus Judge. I feel it would be the only gun I would need if someone enters my house.

morwen Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:05:15

We own a belgian shepherd.

Seeing a dangerous dog in the yard of a house is, in my opinion, better protection than a gun. No one knows you have a gun, untill you are eye to eye with the intruder. I'd rather have my dog take care of him in the garden or at our backdoor.

We've seen people stalk the neighbours homes at night. Sometimes I let our dog out, told him there is a kitty in the garden. Those guys never came back once they saw the dog storming outside, nearby barns and garages have been robbed quite frequently (by roro-gangs, Alin =p).

Maybe we always got lucky, maybe the dog works. Guns aren't allowed, or needed, either way.

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:05:48

i find a judge to be cumbersome, and the ammo to be so expensive it is limiting. but to each their own. i certainly wouldnt use a judge as a carry weapon.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:21:48

Originally posted by Cerberus:
I can't speak for anyone else, but the Remington 870 is the definitive close range weapon in my book. It's got the short barrel and makes a hell of a pattern at 20 ft. Which is the most likely range in the event of an intruder in your house.

My 870 has a longer barrel than the regular sized one you have, I load mine buck,slug,buck,slug and I have ammo sleeves for all my weapons on the barrel.

@Alin Carrying a police officer around with me all day would be too physically demanding, so I would prefer to carry my pistol.

Darrian Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:23:51

I carry both on duty and off duty. Always
~bad as i wanna be~

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:29:51

Me Too, although the times I forget it are the times when crazy fluff happens, the last time I was at a walgreens and 2 guys ran out with a bunch of stuff and when the employees confronted them out in the parking lot I kinda got stuck in the mix, so the dudes reached in their waists and I reached under my seat and looked one of them directly in the eye as if I were going too pull a gun from under the seat and take him out. Apparently they bought it cuz they took off.

Alin Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:29:52

i have a remington hair clipper ...

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 15:34:46

Originally posted by Alin:
i have a remington hair clipper ...

Do you use it to shave your mangina? ;) Get a real gun, if you don't own a registered gun in the USA than that's un-American.