Verified:

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 23:36:47

Have you never thought about putting the game on the android market or the apple store to try and get more people to download and play it?

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 1:34:05

braden Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 2:06:57

after much discussion, it was decided we all in fact preferred less players.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 12th 2014, 23:28:07

The main issue, at the moment, is just the time to get that to happen, when there's so many *other* things to be done.

Plus we would really like the user experience to be better before we burn any big public app/fb/whatever release
Finally did the signature thing.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 1:21:40

how about launching on facebook? it doesnt have to be all the servers at once, you can launch say Express, which is suited for impatient facebook players. and then put ads in it saying there are other servers too, or just link the forum for them. that way they can slowly flow into the game, and not be random suiciding jerkoffs.

there's no "would really like user experience to be better", its good, theres a friendly community, express especially is a perfect place to launch it, and all you need is to get a couple of volunteers to update the wiki and the rules to make them coincide with the current version. you never wait till the best moment to ejaculate, you just ejaculate!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2014, 6:19:51

Originally posted by hsifreta:
how about launching on facebook? there's no "would really like user experience to be better",you never wait till the best moment to ejaculate, you just ejaculate!

James, you're brilliant ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 7:37:33

@hsifreta

Quoting myself:

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
I also want to point out the flaws of putting a game onto Facebook.

I know friends who own multiple Facebook accounts, just so that they can "gift themselves daily stuff" from their various Facebook games, eg Mafia wars, Farmville, etc. If you have 10 accounts, you could gift yourself 10 free stuff daily.

Likewise, these same players would run multies with different Facebook accounts - you simply cannot and do not have the resources to monitor for this and delete them once your game surpasses a large number of players.

To put it simply, the game mechanics would have to change to be suicide proof, because once players find out any country can be lemminged or killed by someone with 10 Facebook accounts, people will just leave in droves. Netting would be chaos.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 12:42:25

what xinhuan said, ee in fb with current resources etc would mean that game would be reverted to "dark ages of earth" when many players ran multies w/o being caught.

player x lgs player z who doesn't like it so player z uses his/her other countries to kill player x.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Kingshaun2k Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 13:31:58

Well just make a server dedicated to Facebook, stick a few advertisements in there and your rich! The guy that made flappy birds was making $50k a day!

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 13:33:10

that's why you give them a crap server to try the game on, and get them to login on this one to play on other servers. just like how when Runescape 1 get converted to Runescape 2 to prevent cheaters, the bot runners are still able to enjoy the game as is but none of it gets saved to personalized accounts and hiscores, and the rest of the legitimate players play on the real server and stick to the rules.

it's an invite to get them interested in the game, sorta like a demo. and wow.. have 10 fb accounts just to get bonuses.. people have no life these days. =P

cuz the game can do with a slow build up on players, and not just when its "ready" because player base takes time to build. its not like you'll get it at once. and it's an acquired taste, this game, you need to advertise to get the right players to join, and a demo is what does it.

likewise can be done with apps and launching on other sites, naturally you'd still need an admin of some sort to keep things in order and to tell them about the game, the rest are on the forums.

you can even do it like some games where people logging in from other sites dont get to interact with users or have certain abilities such as public market/special attacks/missiles/harmful ops taken out of their game, that way they'd be lured into wanting to try it on this site.

Edited By: hsifreta on Apr 13th 2014, 13:35:19
See Original Post

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 14th 2014, 12:41:45

@hsifreta

Quoting myself:

I also want to point out the flaws of putting a game onto Facebook.

I know friends who own multiple Facebook accounts, just so that they can "gift themselves daily stuff" from their various Facebook games, eg Mafia wars, Farmville, etc. If you have 10 accounts, you could gift yourself 10 free stuff daily.

Likewise, these same players would run multies with different Facebook accounts - you simply cannot and do not have the resources to monitor for this and delete them once your game surpasses a large number of players.

To put it simply, the game mechanics would have to change to be suicide proof, because once players find out any country can be lemminged or killed by someone with 10 Facebook accounts, people will just leave in droves. Netting would be chaos.

I guess a lot of you forgot that this was a big part of the game, and where a lot of players had passion to play to combat this cheating. It was great, and I loved RD for being around :P When the cheating part was put down, it also killed a dynamic of the game sadly.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 14th 2014, 12:55:01

that's why you give them a crap server to try the game on, and get them to login on this one to play on other servers. just like how when Runescape 1 get converted to Runescape 2 to prevent cheaters, the bot runners are still able to enjoy the game as is but none of it gets saved to personalized accounts and hiscores, and the rest of the legitimate players play on the real server and stick to the rules.

it's an invite to get them interested in the game, sorta like a demo. and wow.. have 10 fb accounts just to get bonuses.. people have no life these days. =P

cuz the game can do with a slow build up on players, and not just when its "ready" because player base takes time to build. its not like you'll get it at once. and it's an acquired taste, this game, you need to advertise to get the right players to join, and a demo is what does it.

likewise can be done with apps and launching on other sites, naturally you'd still need an admin of some sort to keep things in order and to tell them about the game, the rest are on the forums.

you can even do it like some games where people logging in from other sites dont get to interact with users or have certain abilities such as public market/special attacks/missiles/harmful ops taken out of their game, that way they'd be lured into wanting to try it on this site.

I could get behind this idea! Just an app.to get them here to the site and play!
The Death Knights

XI

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 14th 2014, 15:29:18

yeah.. I told my wife to do that for candy crush.. but she said it was too much work:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Marshal Game profile

Apr 14th 2014, 19:49:01

multies were great landsource back in the days (once when I was CWG HFA (before mARTIAN fs'd CWG (I think that was his plan originally) and got me demoted, not that I regret anything that I did which led to war) 1 NEO retalled me cause I grabbed his other country in spamtag, that led pact between NEO and CWG and NEO paid big reps for me in next set).

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 15th 2014, 1:57:43

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
I guess a lot of you forgot that this was a big part of the game, and where a lot of players had passion to play to combat this cheating. It was great, and I loved RD for being around :P When the cheating part was put down, it also killed a dynamic of the game sadly.

I guess you also forgot that this worked only on clan servers. This game is more than Alliance server, you know.

Multies will instantly kill solo servers, remember coordination is not permitted and is a deletable offense.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Apr 15th 2014, 12:28:36

I guess you also forgot that this worked only on clan servers. This game is more than Alliance server, you know.

Multies will instantly kill solo servers, remember coordination is not permitted and is a deletable offense.

Talking for all servers, and you just said they would be deleted for coordination. You just solved your own diagnosed problem :P
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 15th 2014, 12:36:32

It is currently the largest reset on reset drop in player base across all servers since the game began...

At this stage undoing every change made in the last year would boost player numbers. Quite simply, learn when you're getting things wrong, and undo them, there's no shame in admitting you were wrong, only in refusing to accept you were wrong when you quite clearly were.

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 15th 2014, 14:45:21

Talking for all servers, and you just said they would be deleted for coordination. You just solved your own diagnosed problem :P

Not at all. I had already said there are insufficient mods to cover Express across all time zones. The fast paced action and turn speed means if a mod responds to a ticket 6 hours after the fact, hundreds of turns already went by, and your country can already be dead from just 2 or 3 multies, let alone 10-20 of them. Tickets for such a fast server needs to be reacted within 2 hours, and I've said in the past this server alone needs at least 5 active mods, and pushed for the server speed to be reduced, or the maximum turn count reduced from 360(360) to 360(180).

Sure, a mod can delete multies after the fact, but that doesn't bring your country back to life, or restore your country to a pre-suicide state, and the suicider has achieved his goal either way, and you lose veteran players.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 15th 2014, 19:05:10

or they can make it rewarding to be hit by cheaters. then cheaters will no longer hit. =P

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 17:22:40

Dark ages... You crazy? That was the best times. There was always tons of land, and very large alliances. That was good times. Sure the odd guy or alliance got suicided here and there, but over all was good times.

I know I know.. The bots were a little much. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

Duna Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 19:48:27

noone cares about this game. Just forget about it.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 20:35:09

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Dark ages... You crazy? That was the best times. There was always tons of land, and very large alliances. That was good times. Sure the odd guy or alliance got suicided here and there, but over all was good times.

I know I know.. The bots were a little much. Lol

yea good landsources until you grabbed wrong country and next day logged into dead country or to parking lot.

midevil.chaos Game profile

Apr 30th 2014, 2:01:39

how about launching on facebook? it doesnt have to be all the servers at once, you can launch say Express, which is suited for impatient facebook players. and then put ads in it saying there are other servers too, or just link the forum for them. that way they can slowly flow into the game, and not be random suiciding jerkoffs.

That would be perfect to get new player countries bombarded -_- Talk about inviting new players to become suiciders on someone because of their impatience. No, not express. Either a new server, OR a revamped server for the purpose of facebook/apps play.

Cornfed

May 19th 2014, 21:01:30

Not at all. I had already said there are insufficient mods to cover Express across all time zones. The fast paced action and turn speed means if a mod responds to a ticket 6 hours after the fact, hundreds of turns already went by, and your country can already be dead from just 2 or 3 multies, let alone 10-20 of them. Tickets for such a fast server needs to be reacted within 2 hours, and I've said in the past this server alone needs at least 5 active mods, and pushed for the server speed to be reduced, or the maximum turn count reduced from 360(360) to 360(180).

Sure, a mod can delete multies after the fact, but that doesn't bring your country back to life, or restore your country to a pre-suicide state, and the suicider has achieved his goal either way, and you lose veteran players.

Why isn't more of that automated? It takes a user reporting to realize 3 countries just coordinated a series of attacks in a solo server? Really?

Marshal Game profile

May 20th 2014, 10:55:39

reporting leading to autodeletion could lead abusing of that system.

BobOnThis Game profile

May 20th 2014, 15:07:36

Reporting leading to deletion would more than likely. But still not the point. Why is a human element needed at all?

General Earl Game profile

May 25th 2014, 21:46:01

Lets use bonus points to give players an 'Erase Player' attack option in the war room!
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Marshal Game profile

May 26th 2014, 8:24:10

Originally posted by General Earl:
Lets use bonus points to give players an 'Erase Player' attack option in the war room!

+1 billion

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 26th 2014, 19:42:04

If the biggest problem with a facebook app for this game would be multies... We already have a server which allows multies. Why not make that the "facebook server"?

I'd think if you get people to check out the FFA server, a few of them might be interested in playing the others.. Even if you only get 1 out of every 20 people to try other servers, that's still an improvement.

Marshal Game profile

May 26th 2014, 20:00:26

sure if they would be satisfied with 16, but some have maybe 100 fb account just to "fa" main account in fb-games.