it's maaaagic
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Eric171 Game profile

Apr 20th 2010, 4:34:58

I hope the game isn't unrecognizable by the time I unretire.

Crimzon Game profile

Apr 20th 2010, 15:52:45

Hey, I'm back and I'm a girl. :3

Crimzon Game profile

Apr 20th 2010, 16:01:43

Pshht, you're not a woman till you have a 60k+ a year job or babies, imo!

joe2 Game profile

Apr 20th 2010, 16:31:55

Who cares what they call themselves as long as they do the dishes!

Crimzon Game profile

Apr 20th 2010, 16:46:31

joe2: my fiance definitely does the dishes. I cook, though. He knows no stove setting other than 'off' and 'high'.

Patience Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 2:31:20

lmao @ archaic & Beltz... get out your credit cards, boys! Mothers, lock up your sons! :p
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

archaic Game profile

Aug 6th 2015, 18:32:45

Originally posted by Pangaea:
Hi all...

just a few notes on all those things, since I have a meeting in a few minutes :p

1) We're still working on updating the public site & ingame to help retain users we get from marketing. We pay to bring the users in here, and I'm not confident we'll keep enough of them with our current setup to warrant blowing all our money on advertising yet.
2) We're moving toward the Facebook model still -- this requires a lot of work on the core game code to make it work with both setups.
3) qz, slag and I all put a ton of work into things late last year and early this year to get the game ready on time to save the the community and keep it together. There was some fallout for all of us IRL for it, and I know that I've been dealing with that for the last month or two (thesis work ;))

So I guess the short of it is.... the pilot project we did last month showed some positive results, but we still have to do a bit of redesign and content flowing to ensure we retain a large chunk of our leads.
Moving into facebook, we will gain from social marketing through that, and IMO, that is where the future of EE lies. The expansion in servers was done partially for that reason :)

I'm not sure if this is a sadder commentary for EE or Facebook.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dissident Game profile

Aug 6th 2015, 22:27:08

oh, is this game going to facebook? wow

Marshal Game profile

Aug 6th 2015, 22:38:34

no it isn't in nearish future due various reasons like security to prevent running multiple countries via different fb-accounts.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Kat Game profile

Aug 7th 2015, 2:18:44

Originally posted by Dissident:

Originally posted by Marshal:
no it isn't in nearish future due various reasons like security to prevent running multiple countries via different fb-accounts.

I think we might just have to bite the bullet on this one and accept that multis are going to happen. My mom was a hardcore FarmVille player (lol. I know) and she created around ten fb accounts just to gift herself things. My point is, it happens and has happened and mods should just be aware and delete when they can. It should not stop EE from getting to the next level!

archaic Game profile

Aug 7th 2015, 2:41:25

Lulz, I actually feel bad about this now.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 7th 2015, 4:28:34

yep 5 years and no progress facebook ruins games because anyone can create a facebook account in 1 second then another then another then another
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Dissident Game profile

Aug 7th 2015, 6:19:36

but think of all the farmland right off the bat for a few years...

Xintros Game profile

Aug 7th 2015, 8:39:55

Originally posted by Kat:
Originally posted by Dissident:

I think we might just have to bite the bullet on this one and accept that multis are going to happen. My mom was a hardcore FarmVille player (lol. I know) and she created around ten fb accounts just to gift herself things. My point is, it happens and has happened and mods should just be aware and delete when they can. It should not stop EE from getting to the next level!

I played a game on my android for a while, The Infinite Black (Still on my phone, but I don't play due to lack of time) These people are nuts and encouraged to make "Alts" / alternate / multiple accounts. I only have two ships, but there are some with 5-10 ships. That's an incredible amount of time and or devices (programs) needed to run all your ships simultaneously.
It is alliance based with a very strong learning curve, but there are always people IN game ready to answer any question, live. Like a mini IRC. Public channel (universe) Alliance Channel, Clan Channel, Market Channel etc...

Anyway, my point is, maybe if players want to take that much time to play and are willing to do it, let them make multiple accounts and countries to start and work out the bugs to have one account at a later date to help the game?
My wife actually goes on my FB to play zinga poker, gift herself and plays a few other games that I would never play ( My friends think I'm great at these games they see these scores "I got", but I have never played them in my life lolz) . Would you rather have an "RD" running 5 countries with 10K players in the game or what we have now?
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

Marines Suck

Aug 7th 2015, 9:28:10

you can create multiple countries, its called FFA...

Vic Game profile

Aug 7th 2015, 12:36:40

Originally posted by Ant:
I came back on the day that this reset started, I recruited 7 old vets already.

So stop with chit chatting about how the game is losing members, And start to work on gaining members.

If i can do that, Then so can you.

5 year old ant post still holds value

Marshal Game profile

Aug 7th 2015, 14:45:12

fb-multies would be even worse than rd-multies were back in the day, they would kill countries and alliances just for kicks.

besides i doubt fb would give ee-mods and admins access to its users ips etc to find multies.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

king7012 Game profile

Aug 8th 2015, 23:59:06

The day this game makes it to facebook, is the day that all hell breaks loose lol. Maybe FFA should be released to facebook first. I think that would give a good platform on how they correlate to each other.

Duna Game profile

Aug 9th 2015, 6:32:34

fb-multies would be even worse than rd-multies were back in the day, they would kill countries and alliances just for kicks.

besides i doubt fb would give ee-mods and admins access to its users ips etc to find multies.

I doubt its technically possible to not give ips, unless fb acts as strict proxy. And in this case fb would be used for alot worse things than multies in online games. And anyways, having fb info allows to find multies alot more easier (i.e. account with zero friends and no other activity is almost always multie).

Lets be fair, admins just dont want this game to be popular. They like it slowly dying.

PS
There were 409 countries in the Alliance server.

Kat Game profile

Aug 9th 2015, 19:00:12

Originally posted by Duna:

I doubt its technically possible to not give ips, unless fb acts as strict proxy. And in this case fb would be used for alot worse things than multies in online games. And anyways, having fb info allows to find multies alot more easier (i.e. account with zero friends and no other activity is almost always multie).

Lets be fair, admins just dont want this game to be popular. They like it slowly dying.

PS
There were 409 countries in the Alliance server.

+1

elvesrus

Aug 9th 2015, 19:10:26

when this thread was made it was closer to 650
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Duna Game profile

Aug 9th 2015, 19:24:27

Yeah, but since this time it lost almost 40%. More to come.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 9th 2015, 20:32:15

Sorry, qz and I are both working. This game was our hobby when we were in school :)

Stop topping old threads.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com