Verified:

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2014, 3:53:18

http://www.nationalsecuritylaw.org/...0598.768788893.1369728497

Here is a useful guide from the Directorate of Intelligence. Everyone could learn from CIA when it comes to effective communications.

Here are a few useful tips I have extracted:
"Do not capitalize derivatives of proper names used with acquired independent meanings

Gaullist policies
Sandinista
byzantine organization
molotov flufftail
Islamization
Marxist. Leninist"

"3.2. First Reference
An organization, group, international agreement, unit of measure, weapon system, or the like
that is referred to throughout a report is abbreviated after it is spelled out at the first reference,
often with its abbreviation following it in parentheses. (In long reports, as a convenience to the
reader, repeat the full designation occasionally without respecifying the abbreviation, but continue
thereafter to use the abbreviation as before.)
Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT)
nautical mile (nm).
multiple reentry vehicles (MRVs)
airborne warning and control system (The carriers are AWACS aircraft, never AWACs, as in "one
AWAC, two AWACs.") "

Please join me in learning from the CIA to improve the quality of our discussion boards.

Thanks,
Getafix

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 10th 2014, 5:12:13

3.2 is a very common practice in business as well.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jul 10th 2014, 14:08:53

those are pretty standard style rules actually

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2014, 18:08:10

Yes, they are standard rules. I imagine they grabbed them from someone's computer, like Strunk & White. Still, I thought it was amusing that someone obtained and shared this internal document from the CIA, and I sort of like the references to Gaullist policies and molotov flufftails

Hobo Game profile

Jul 10th 2014, 23:12:20

If i Capitalise every Other word Will it Get on Your nerves?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2014, 23:49:26

Thats CapitaliZe !!