Alin Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 19:55:23

nothing to see here/ move on.

Raging Budda Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 20:14:16

Your base is mine!

Oblivion Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 20:36:38

I will respond to this since it was my country "CumBackToLaF" the other deleted country is my friend Arkuss. We've known each other for a few years irl, he came over last night and logged in to his own account using my internet and one of my computers to check if he was being hit on the team server, we talked over a few things regarding our countries on the different servers... They are not multi accounts and we did not violate any rules

Jul 29th 2014, 20:47:00

Your base is mine!

Furious999 Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 20:47:08

" When playing from the same household or office, players should email the Earth Empires staff with the information of the multiple accounts from the same household or router. "

Oblivion Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 20:50:15

we are friends he came over for a few hours, we don't live together so why would either of us have contacted ee staff... im sure they can see that both accounts have been logged into with different ip addresses. I have never logged into my account from any other computer so it would be only Arkuss' that would show different ip's with clearly 1 of the ip's as being used as a constant login

Alin Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 20:52:55

Believe it or not but i actually believe this one.

Nothing to see here really - serious now.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 29th 2014, 20:54:48

Oblivion, appeal it. =]
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

euglaf Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:08:09

thank you for bringing this up to me on AT

i have already contacted the appropriate parties and will continue to touch base with them regarding the issue

hopefully everything will be resolved in the appropriate manner

have a nice day!

mdevol Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:13:10

Why did the team server countries not get deleted then?

I am confused.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Scorba Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:21:26

They got deleted in team as well. I also believe they aren't multis, just morons.

braden Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:22:10

Originally posted by Trife:
lucy, you've got some 'splainin' to do

nothing quite says good ol' family humour like domestic violence, am i right? tell me i'm wrong, donny!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 29th 2014, 21:33:47

Originally posted by braden:

nothing quite says good ol' family humour like domestic violence, am i right? tell me i'm wrong, donny!

Ricky never said that line to Lucy. It's a commonly accepted quote but it was never actually uttered.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Jul 29th 2014, 21:33:57

If what oblvion says is true...just guilty of being a moron..at least for one night.

I would wish that the admins would provide at least a tad bit of feedback to the server or and maybe a fuller explanation to the owner of the country deleted as to why said country was delted.
Your base is mine!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 29th 2014, 21:41:23

Fine I'll go check since I'm having beer and I havent used the mod tools in a long time. The appeal handling system seems fancier than it used to be! kudos to whoever updated that! :D

Normally we don't post publicly but what Oblivion said seems to be supported by the user information. I restored them on Alliance + Team.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

ingle Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:43:16

Pang sighting! /wave

Arkuss Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:50:56

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
If what oblvion says is true...just guilty of being a moron..at least for one night.

I would wish that the admins would provide at least a tad bit of feedback to the server or and maybe a fuller explanation to the owner of the country deleted as to why said country was delted.

Morons for having real life friends? Interesting. As for your second point I agree. If a country was going to be deleted I figured there would be a message to the Inbox from an admin explaining the situation giving time for explanation before any action was taken. This will be cleared up nevertheless.

Originally posted by mdevol:
Why did the team server countries not get deleted then?

I am confused.

Our team server countries were deleted first. Our team was ACCT, I was Einstein.

Originally posted by Scorba:
They got deleted in team as well. I also believe they aren't multis, just morons.

Again, being real life friends is moronic? Our actions on the team server have nothing to do with our deletion. All I've seen from you in every forum post is meaningless flame.

Originally posted by Furious999:
" When playing from the same household or office, players should email the Earth Empires staff with the information of the multiple accounts from the same household or router. "

I don't live with him and we don't work together. I live an hour away. I visit him only a few times a year because of conflicting schedules and such. I was at his house for a few social beers and checked our accounts. I didn't expect the deletion to be automatic but rather case by case. A two minute conversation with a questioning admin would have cleared this up or simply checking either of our account histories for the past 2 months. Hopefully the appeal process is rather quick.

Way too much attention drawn to this. If either of us knew the game automatically deleted countries it found suspicious we would have emailed the admins. I figured the fact that we've been playing our own countries for the last few months from our own computers would be evidence enough of no rule violations.

Originally posted by Pang:
Fine I'll go check since I'm having beer and I havent used the mod tools in a long time. The appeal handling system seems fancier than it used to be! kudos to whoever updated that! :D

Normally we don't post publicly but what Oblivion said seems to be supported by the user information. I restored them on Alliance + Team.

Thank you and our apologies for not sending an email before logging on his computer. Again, we weren't aware of how the deletion system worked. Now we know for future events.

Edited By: Arkuss on Jul 29th 2014, 21:53:43
See Original Post

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:53:56

Should of kept them off of team...
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Oblivion Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:57:54

Can a mod close this thread to get rid of the spam and fluff from all the haters. We've been cleared and everything I have stated was proven to be true.. now move along there is nothing left to see here.

Arkuss Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 21:59:20

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:
Should of kept them off of team...

A pointless comment meant to cause an angry response. Has absolutely no relevance to anything in this thread and our deletion had nothing to do with team server but a simple misunderstanding on two sides. Are these comments really necessary?

Scorba Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 22:00:27

This thread is pretty typical of AT.

Oblivion Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 22:01:53

Yep pathetic people seeing that something is up and immediately run to the AT Boards with their pitch forks and torches.. close this thread already, its all bullfluff fluffness

Jul 29th 2014, 22:02:45

The term "moron" wasn't meant to having friends in RL. I was trying to say it was just plain dumb to log into your account from anohter IP that also has an earth account. That is a caplital no-no that every earther should learn in n00b training.
Your base is mine!

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 22:03:08

Well...when i commented in team you began with a bad attitude because of me being in SoL.....my comments werent anything to do with alliance.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Jul 29th 2014, 22:04:25

Not every day two people from a major alliance get deleted. and there was no gloating....just pointing it out. Getting an admin to respond in some kind was a good thing.
Your base is mine!

Arkuss Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 22:30:27

The term "moron" wasn't meant to having friends in RL. I was trying to say it was just plain dumb to log into your account from anohter IP that also has an earth account. That is a caplital no-no that every earther should learn in n00b training.

If you think about it that mentality in itself is pretty silly. Those of us who play this game all agree that it's a good game, thats why we play it. Having people go on when they're socializing means there's a mutual interest. It's like banning/deleting someone who signs into their Diablo 3 account on their buddies computer who also has Diablo 3, or any other online game that requires a user to have some sort of authentication process on their account. In most cases thats not even looked at and if it is you get an email or something informing you whats going on, not instant deletion. I think you're slightly overplaying how "moronic" it is. It's actually pretty harmless and if the deletion system wasn't automatic then this forum post wouldn't have been created.

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:
Well...when i commented in team you began with a bad attitude because of me being in SoL.....my comments werent anything to do with alliance.

I'm new to alliance server and I'm lucky to be accepted by LaF and greatly appreciate them for taking me in. That said, I don't know anything about SoL except that we were at war with them. I myself did not say anything about SoL because I don't know people in the alliance community. Oblivion was reacting to your comment in which you said for them to kill us off the point we don't restart, basically killing us off the server. Is such a comment necessary towards people you don't even know?

Not every day two people from a major alliance get deleted. and there was no gloating....just pointing it out. Getting an admin to respond in some kind was a good thing.

Happy an admin responded but this entire thread was unnecessary. I don't understand why people seek drama. With many players being 5-10+ year veterans I think it's safe to say the average age of an EE player is mid 20s to early 30s. Most of us have enough crap going on in our own lives, do we need more? You haven't been hostile so I have nothing against you in any way but all these types of threads do is draw in people who are looking for any reason possible to start a flame war or rip on people they would never look at face to face in real life and make the same remarks.

mdevol Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 22:30:58

my bad, they were not located within the top 18 clans on the clan link.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

braden Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 22:34:55

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by braden:

Ricky never said that line to Lucy. It's a commonly accepted quote but it was never actually uttered.

you are indeed correct, we are all thinking of jackie gleason. or at least i was (as in, one of these days, to the moon). thank you prime, when i was like fourteen.

Arkuss Game profile

Jul 29th 2014, 22:36:36

Originally posted by mdevol:

my bad, they were not located within the top 18 clans on the clan link.

We were #2 average networth until we got killed :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 29th 2014, 22:50:45

To be fair, we do have a REALLY harsh policy toward cheating because of so many people taking advantage over the years -- especially in pre EE days.

Also, apparently I didn't restore them. Clicking "restore" on the appeal in the UI doesn't restore their countries
boo to whoever didn't hook that up! booooo :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff