Verified:

SEPL Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 1:36:55

Any suggestion?

Marshal Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 2:04:49

there is no 1.

some do pure casher start, some do pure farmer start, some do indy-farmer start, some do tech start, some build mostly cs's.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SkyKing Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 2:19:42

Depends on what strat you want to end up using. If your totally new, I'd recommend doing a balance of 4/1 cs to industry. So to start you would be 4 cs, then your first set of indust buildings, 4 cs, next set of indust, and continuing until half your land is filled. Then explore one turn. Continue this 4/1 ratio with exploring one turn at every 50% land filled mark. You may want to build a couple of farms to support yourself. Set all production to spys and sell those each turn as well, up until turn 75 or so. At 75 you'll want to decide where your headed in game. Aggressive attacker/heavy defender/balanced/selective striker with limited defense. At 99 you must STOP!!!! This is my first set back in over a decade so other guys here are more knowledgeable than myself. I like to stop at 99 and build up a full load of 80 turns and about 60 banked turns. Then you can blow your turn load on that based on how you see the score sheets lining up. Usually the first 300 turns for me around boring as I have about 200 or so CS built at that point.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 3:02:00

Stopping at turn 99 is overrated. I am known for being very good at startups and midgame and screwing up the finish. I am currently the top ranked country. The "fastest" type of startup, for score and for generally being "ready," is industrialist. If you indy start it is more important to get your goods to market than to save turns. Saving turns is for the other starts.

I don't have the patience for the 4/1 method described. I build 2 turns worth of indies, then 10 construction sites at a time until I get to 10 bpt. Then I build 50 indies, or if I am a theo 40 indies and 10 farms. I continue in this vein, building more buildings at the five bpt intervals, until I leave protection. My starts typically yield 75ish cs at turn 100, and I almost always have my target bpt by turn 300, and am usually in first place.

Bear in mind, being in first place is not the goal at this point, although I won't pretend its ever not cool to be in first. The problem is it makes you a natural target, and the temptation tk hang onto first can cause you to make poor decisions. The flipside, of course, is that if you are in first you fan hold more land, because it is impossible to be first and landfat. Just make sure you can hold it. :)

Also, selling spies while on protection is super old school. Turrets are better with changes that have been made.

Sep 20th 2014, 3:03:06

...and disregard everything I just said if you want to be a farmer or a casher haha

SkyKing Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 12:42:51

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:

Also, selling spies while on protection is super old school. Turrets are better with changes that have been made.
O' really? This is what happens when you don't play in over a decade. XD Like I said listen to the people that have been here the longest. :)

Skulls of Dominion Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 16:51:57

Set tax to 70 sell your troops on the private market and also 100% spy production. (Sell spys every turn for best results) Build 1 cs change tax back to 35 or 36 then build 39 more cs then start building your Indies and farms. farms only when you really need them, around turn 75 switch production to 100% turrets and sell on public market as soon as you hit 20000 turrets. Thats one of many start up, just come join us in Dominion in the FFA server and ill show you more ;-)

LATC Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 16:56:43

Realistically though, how much more NW do you get from playing "the perfect first 100 turns"? I always wing my startup and I've never really had a problem running a decent country. I find it's more useful to worry about things like buying military/tech/food/oil at good prices throughout the set and squeezing more out of your stock via reselling, managing expenses, etc.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Sep 20th 2014, 19:14:31

Originally posted by LATC:
Realistically though, how much more NW do you get from playing "the perfect first 100 turns"? I always wing my startup and I've never really had a problem running a decent country. I find it's more useful to worry about things like buying military/tech/food/oil at good prices throughout the set and squeezing more out of your stock via reselling, managing expenses, etc.

This. It is more about how your whole round plays out than your startup. A good startup is nice, but a good mid-set growth game trumps it big time.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 20th 2014, 19:21:00

nw difference between perfect and nice enuf startup is few thousand nw and in long run that doesn't matter. perfect startup can turn to nice enuf by early eqs/droughts/strikes/etc.

trainboy Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 8:32:39

I run a 93 cs start up more or less few farms few indies
Then sell it when I get my next amount of turns before storing
Early few days it's good to play behind as a non diy as stuff is cheaper
But I suppose in clan servers you have protection ti build mainly cs

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 8:48:03

Originally posted by SkyKing:

O' really? This is what happens when you don't play in over a decade. XD Like I said listen to the people that have been here the longest. :)

Since when?!?! Vic fell and hit his head again!
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Marshal Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 10:02:50

Originally posted by trainboy:

But I suppose in clan servers you have protection ti build mainly cs

not that much safer in alliance servers, there are always those who seek to do damage with 1k troops/jets/tanks.

Assassin Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 14:27:17

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:
Originally posted by SkyKing:

Since when?!?! Vic fell and hit his head again!

Since they tweaked the private market prices way back when. It's definitely better to sell turrets than spies. Although, as others have pointed out, we're talking nickels and dimes that don't matter much in the long run.

Sep 21st 2014, 14:33:12

Yeah, it also has to do with per turn consumption. Spies are expensive, hungry bastards. The few extra bushels you save producing turrets lets you skip or build fewer farms while in protection.

eManny Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 18:56:56

Don't worry too much about it, but your goal is to basically focus on construction sites.

60CS (60 turns)
100Indies (5 turns)
200Farms (10 Turns)

That's a pretty good start (75 turns)

Or you can go even riskier with less production and do 80CS
100 Indies (4 turns)
200 Farms (8 turns)

92 turns total, assuming not theo or dict

Sell bushels for $29 on the private market instantly, and set production to 100% turrets and keep them. Very simply, no need to think. The cash you get from selling bushels will land you enough $$ to build up to 2k land at which point the buildings you've built since will be your income earners and you no longer need to sell food.

Edited By: eManny on Sep 21st 2014, 19:02:02
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 19:33:13

i would produce spies, troops and tanks too but each on their own.

Sep 21st 2014, 19:47:51

Market conditions have to get crazy for it to be better to produce your own troops and tanks, better to buy them.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 20:50:42

not much troops and tanks but enuf that ain't 1k tank ab or 1k troops gs when comes oop and on next login buys more from market (if public has any) and changes production to 100% spies or 10% spies and 90% turrets.

LATC Game profile

Sep 21st 2014, 20:58:25

Doesn't matter in primary if you're in GDI.. can't be ABed or GSed
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

crisseller2011 Game profile

Sep 22nd 2014, 18:48:57

Bonus