Verified:

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2014, 14:13:04

i saw food up at 125 yesterday but large volumes still appearing in the 39-42 range

and oil has been hovering at around 400 for several days

given the potential price point for bushels is it possible that will cause the supply of oil to decrease as resource production is shifted; thus driving up the price oil in the process through scarcity?

what i'm really try to say is; i think that overall there could be a definite upward correlation in the price of both bushels and oil but based purely on a high dollar per bushel price [an increase in the bushel price causes the price of oil to also increase]

and as i type this post bushels are now 70$

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2014, 14:14:06

which is awesome because i had some on sale for 55$

LATC Game profile

Dec 7th 2014, 16:26:22

I don't think so because usually an oiler is an oiler and a farmer is a farmer. It's not like indies where you can change productions %'s, but rather here you actually have to destroy buildings to shift production. It is possible that more expensive food leads to less jet buying, leading to less grabs/oil used. Although at the same time farmers are now able to buy more jets and grab more and use more oil so that could be a non-factor in the end.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

SkyKing Game profile

Dec 7th 2014, 17:15:20

I would disagree. I've been building nothing but oil fields for the past 5 days. It's saving me a ton of money from having to buy off the market when you compare bushel yield to cash versus cost of oil. Now when oil plummets towards the end of the set then it could pose a bit of a role reversal but I think the value of oil currently versus the current prices make building rigs a smart choice until the price of oil begins to show weakness.

Obviously, I'm not destroying anything to do so. Just taking capped land and doing it but this means I'm personally not buying off the market which means that there is more supply to go around.

LATC Game profile

Dec 7th 2014, 17:38:19

Are you selling on market? If so I'm going to have to grab you to punish that behavior =P

But duly noted... time to weed out the weak oilers.

SkyKing Game profile

Dec 7th 2014, 17:40:33

Go ahead and punish away as long as I get to retal. XD

LATC Game profile

Dec 7th 2014, 17:42:19

Wait let me jack up oil prices and then you can retal me after buying my oil lol

SkyKing Game profile

Dec 7th 2014, 17:49:27

I thought we discussed that I don't need your dirty oil. :P

LATC Game profile

Dec 7th 2014, 17:50:21

No you will.

Maybe I'll pull an OPEC on primary haha