Verified:

braden Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 8:29:22

iccyh
Game Moderators
Game Moderator

Dec 13th 2014, 3:52:24
Some of you should really take a look in the mirror.

This is well past serving any purpose, if it ever did.

i think mirriam just found a new spelling for irony?

or what did i miss?.. he's not wrong, it was a god damn awful read.. but to start a thread and then close it with accusatory tones of admonishment while the opening post literally by definition insulted the whole of the player base?

love ya, bud, no problem as a mod.. none whatsoever, you're good people.. but how can you tell everybody on this server they suck, and then close the thread when the entirety of the server then tells you, no, you suck..
?

braden Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 8:31:34

also i guess i'll be told forum message? this is a message on the forum.. you started it publicly, why can you not end it publicly?

tellarion Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 9:02:49

I'm glad Iccyh is here. Now you guys will all get off my nuts :D

braden Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 9:22:42

he's only in the process of ruining the forums of quality complaining, you've already ruined an entire server of enjoyment to play

hashtag be careful what you ask for? ;)

iccyh Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 10:53:46

If someone wants to give me fluff about things I've posted, that's fine. I left that thread open for ages and took my lumps for what I said 'cause I earned it; I didn't even think of locking it. I only locked it (and didn't delete a single thing) when it turned into a meta-discussion about how much of a prick I apparently am in all things, and how I'd apparently been kissing ass to get named a mod.

The whole aim of that meta-discussion was to turn it into a spectacle; people were already breaking out the popcorn waiting to see what would happen. There was no actual criticism in any of it, just over-the-top insults and assertions. I'm a mod, not a toy, and I don't have to play along with that, so I didn't.

I'm also going to point out here, since you're implying that my "insulting" posts at the beginning of the thread are somehow similar to what was being said towards the end of the thread, that there is a huge difference between someone stating an opinion about the quality of play on a server and someone specifically insulting someone else. Really, if you find someone stating an opinion about a server insulting, then perhaps you're taking the game a little too seriously and perhaps you personally identify with a server a little too much.

I'll leave this one open since criticism is something I'm fine with; there's actual questions here I can answer. If it turns into another there where it's insults and accusations, though, I'll be locking it.

braden Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 11:05:48

"I'm also going to point out here, since you're implying that my "insulting" posts at the beginning of the thread are somehow similar to what was being said towards the end of the thread,"

am i allowed to claim this when my awful racism gets thrown back in my face? i did bad, but now others doing bad is worse because i was drunk as all hell and they personally identify with a forum a little too much? ;p

and, to be wholly honest, i kind of stopped reading after a while because as i said above, it was a miserable read

but the if it ever did really just stays there.. so much insight into what is purposeful at post sixty four.. and yet also so much insight into what is purposeful in your head that you need to share with people at this point in time you must have to know will only run you down for.. you picked a fight, albeit a polite enough one, and you got it.

this is merely espn with a post game interview after the player/ref called it for inclement insulting
(and by all means, i've insulted myself here more than you.. there may be zero point and i may say a whole lot of not a thing worth reading, but sarcasm does not rudeness make, i hope)

iccyh Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 11:28:13

Hey, so long as you acknowledge it was awful I, for one, will never say anything about it so I can't answer that :P

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying in that second to last paragraph, but I'll give it a shot anyway:
I absolutely pick fights on the forums occasionally, but this wasn't one of those occasions. I don't even know if I got one here, 'cause I didn't really engage except to defend my point. Maybe I'd have been better off not posting it or phrasing it different if I didn't want to deal with that kind of feedback, but I did, and I'll live with that; I earned it.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 13:02:43

Originally posted by iccyh:
If someone wants to give me fluff about things I've posted, that's fine. I left that thread open for ages and took my lumps for what I said 'cause I earned it; I didn't even think of locking it. I only locked it (and didn't delete a single thing) when it turned into a meta-discussion about how much of a prick I apparently am in all things, and how I'd apparently been kissing ass to get named a mod.

The whole aim of that meta-discussion was to turn it into a spectacle; people were already breaking out the popcorn waiting to see what would happen. There was no actual criticism in any of it, just over-the-top insults and assertions. I'm a mod, not a toy, and I don't have to play along with that, so I didn't.

I'm also going to point out here, since you're implying that my "insulting" posts at the beginning of the thread are somehow similar to what was being said towards the end of the thread, that there is a huge difference between someone stating an opinion about the quality of play on a server and someone specifically insulting someone else. Really, if you find someone stating an opinion about a server insulting, then perhaps you're taking the game a little too seriously and perhaps you personally identify with a server a little too much.

I'll leave this one open since criticism is something I'm fine with; there's actual questions here I can answer. If it turns into another there where it's insults and accusations, though, I'll be locking it.

And this right here is exactly why nearly everyone hates you, you smug pompous douche. You "left the thread open for ages?" Really? You have been a mod for like two weeks. You have been back for two resets. In relative terms, you are an infant. You havent done ANYTHING for "ages."

The rest of the post is just more pompous windbaggery (shocking!) about how put upon you are and you dont have to take it. Newsflash: yes you do. You signed up for the verbal beatdown by dishing it out, and then moreso by becoming a moderator (still makes no sense) which automatically puts anybody in the crosshairs. You can't start claiming discussions "serve no purpose" and shutting everything down because the discussion is uncomfortable for you personally. You will just drive out more people and get this whole thing shut down just that little bit faster.

mrford Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 13:07:47

fluff iccyh and his high horse.

That is all.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

iccyh Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 13:25:41

So Vic, what's the purpose of your post? As far as I can tell, there's nothing in there that I can usefully reply to; it is all just tearing me down and telling me about how I deserve to be fluff on.

What kind of reply do you want from that kind of a post? Why should I even pretend to give you the time of day, like I am now?

ssewellusmc

Dec 14th 2014, 13:55:20

So Vic, what's the purpose of your post? As far as I can tell, there's nothing in there that I can usefully reply to; it is all just tearing me down and telling me about how I deserve to be fluff on.

What kind of reply do you want from that kind of a post? Why should I even pretend to give you the time of day, like I am now?

You are responding... the time of day has already been given.

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 14:07:46

Hmmmm. Quality of the insults very poor.

Extra class after school for each of you.

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 14:12:58

this is quality thread from not so quality players :p

WEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedyyyyy .. i love ya buddy.

i can see tella is already sighing relief from this hahahahahahahaha..

Welcome Iccyh. Guess what.. being a mod aint gonna be easy... with us fellas.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2014, 15:00:43

Originally posted by silentwolf:
this is quality thread from not so quality players :p

WEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedyyyyy .. i love ya buddy.

i can see tella is already sighing relief from this hahahahahahahaha..

Welcome Iccyh. Guess what.. being a mod aint gonna be easy... with us fellas.

Haha.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

ssewellusmc

Dec 14th 2014, 16:27:46

[quote poster=silentwolf; 34468; 623515]

Welcome Iccyh. Guess what.. being a mod aint gonna be easy... with us fellas. [/quot]

ICCYH can't hide the hotdog deep enough to win over this crowd.

Frybert Game profile

Dec 14th 2014, 16:35:01

Iccyh started a joke, and now the joke is on him. :D

Heston Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 5:23:59

Originally posted by tellarion:
I'm glad Iccyh is here. Now you guys will all get off my nuts :D

Stfu ur still a nub.

If someone wants to give me fluff about things I've posted, that's fine. I left that thread open for ages and took my lumps for what I said 'cause I earned it; I didn't even think of locking it. I only locked it and didn't delete a single thing

Lolololololololololololololol
fluffing tweeker.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 5:28:57

/eats popcorn
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 5:29:36

glad to see im not the only one
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tellarion Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 5:29:51

You guys are vicious.

mrford Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 5:32:43

the dude did start a thread saying most people playing this server are below him, and then he was appointed mod.

right or wrong, how exactly did you see that mob mentality playing out?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 5:34:20

I agree 100% with mrford.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 5:35:25

They'll just close this thread too though.

Heston Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 5:50:46

Mods must be having a pow wow to figure out how to save iccyhs honor.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 5:53:25

iccyh, ladies and gentlemen.

Frybert Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 5:53:45

Originally posted by Heston:
Mods must be having a pow wow to figure out how to save iccyhs honor.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZImgGi10iv0

Frybert Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 5:56:21

I also want to say this, despite popular belief, tellarion is awesome! :D

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 5:57:33

tellarion isnt bad. i was upset at him when he said no one has ever abused the market on express, because that was insanely wrong, but he'd been around awhile before he got made mod and was a respected person so it made sense

tellarion Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 5:59:11

I honestly don't know why I said that. Temporary amnesia? Anyway, I was helping Zarc track that fluff and helped decide what to do with what he found, so yeah, that was a silly thing to say :/

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 6:00:57

:) thats cool. glad to hear that

tellarion Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 6:04:33

Originally posted by mrford:
the dude did start a thread saying most people playing this server are below him, and then he was appointed mod.

If you choose to read it that way, go for it. I think he made a valid point about cost/benefit analysis on this server. Yeah, his conclusions were shaded by his experience playing mostly on alliance, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

If you hit someone and they hit you back for even more, you made a mistake. Or you gambled and lost. I don't think that equates to saying he is better than everyone on the server.....

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 6:13:43

if you get hit repeatedly over multiple resets, then even if you can hit back, you're presenting yourself as too attractive a target. it's on you and does not reflect on the server. he's incapable of seeing that because he's a narcissist

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 6:15:14

also retaling for much more land than you lost is a good thing usually, in terms of netting.

mrford Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 6:28:10

If you choose to read it that way, go for it. I think he made a valid point about cost/benefit analysis on this server. Yeah, his conclusions were shaded by his experience playing mostly on alliance, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

If you hit someone and they hit you back for even more, you made a mistake. Or you gambled and lost. I don't think that equates to saying he is better than everyone on the server.....

"Not really thrilled with the quality of play so far."

that was the title. how else am i supposed to read that?

"This has nothing to do with alliance and nothing to do with land trading, and everything to do with the general skill level of the players on the server."

or that?

dude, defend him if you want, but you need to understand what you are defending. that is 2 quoted from his first 2 posts in that thread. he is lumping all players on the server together because he is too stupid to understand that the enviroment is different on this server because clans like LaF arnt around to farm all the nubs into the ground so thy cant play yhe game in a nub fashion.

it is ironic that he talks down on an entire server when he is not able to comprehend simple environmental differences, but that is not the debate here. he generalizes far too much to be a mod. i will not go into his personal inadequacies, as this is simply not the place.

Swagger of a Chupacabra

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2014, 7:39:23

I must say, when I came back to EE and had a couple alliance sets under my belt, I gave express a shot. I totally sucked and got raped despite thinking I'd done things right. When this happened, instead of blaming the people on the server for their inadequacies, I realized my strategy for this server was flawed.

Now this past set I wasn't attacked or even spied a single time. Despite losing hundreds of turns I put up a decent finish. So it was my mistake after all.

currydubs Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 7:49:02

What's with the salty vaginas?

iccyh Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 8:22:35

I'm just going to point out two things, briefly:

The quality of the play on the server and my strategy being appropriate are not interdependent.

The "mob mentality", as mrford describes it, isn't a feature of all forums in all places but rather the result of a few people here, who have little to do with express specifically (the people making the most noise are people who I'd already been arguing with about unrelated things well before ever becoming a mod), making the forums worse for everyone.

Now, I'll ask this real clearly:
What's the outcome that you'd all like from this?

If there's something you'd like me to reply to, I'd be more than happy to. If this is just going to be a continual torrent of abuse, I'm going to lock it.

Nerrus Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 9:27:56

If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much. ~Mark Twain.

You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f*** on. ~Tupac Shakur.

Edited By: Nerrus on Dec 15th 2014, 9:42:48
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

tellarion Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 11:05:09

"Not really thrilled with the quality of play so far."

that was the title. how else am i supposed to read that?

"This has nothing to do with alliance and nothing to do with land trading, and everything to do with the general skill level of the players on the server."

or that?

dude, defend him if you want, but you need to understand what you are defending. that is 2 quoted from his first 2 posts in that thread. he is lumping all players on the server together because he is too stupid to understand that the enviroment is different on this server because clans like LaF arnt around to farm all the nubs into the ground so thy cant play yhe game in a nub fashion.

it is ironic that he talks down on an entire server when he is not able to comprehend simple environmental differences, but that is not the debate here. he generalizes far too much to be a mod. i will not go into his personal inadequacies, as this is simply not the place.

He also said that while he recognized that there are many skilled players, the average player didn't seem to measure up to his expectations. He's not fluffing about getting hit, he was pointing out the incredible number of people who seem to lack a simple cost/benefit analysis and lost out after hitting him. How does that equate to him saying he is better than everyone on the server and you are all 'beneath him'?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 15th 2014, 13:04:08

I think that there's a valid discussion to be had here, but you guys are focusing way too much on who said what. Who the hell cares? Can't we just debate ideas instead? I'd be happy to make a thread for this topic if you guys can leave the personal fluff out of it.

Nerrus Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 13:16:38

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I think that there's a valid discussion to be had here, but you guys are focusing way too much on who said what. Who the hell cares? Can't we just debate ideas instead? I'd be happy to make a thread for this topic if you guys can leave the personal fluff out of it.

I second you!
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

mrford Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 13:52:19

and if you want to just debate ideas, how about the idea of making someone a mod who just alienated the entire server he is now modding not a week before? you can debate weather the server has a right to be mad or not all day long, but the point remains.

not to mention no one even knows who this dude is. that kinda adds to the whole snafu. the appearance of a "oh that iccyh dude, he is my friends's nephew lets add him to the team" vibe is abound.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 15th 2014, 14:22:20

Heston: no. but if you want me to have a pow-wow just for you I'm sure we can arrange that.
You should also know better than to troll moderators.

If you have **VALID** complaints about a moderator bring them up with me in private.
If you simply don't like a person or wish to troll do so at your own risk.
If you whip it out it might get bitten off by el chupecabra facts.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!