Verified:

iccyh Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 19:48:12

The market bot has a time stamp, but the news one does not. That'd be nice.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 18th 2014, 20:11:56

You can turn on timestamps in almost every IRC program I know of. That is why there is no timestamp, it's kindof redundant information, the client knows when the message was received. Try turning them on :-)

EE doesn't actually have a market bot, any that exist are third-party. I do *have* code for a market bot I wrote for E2025, I've just never gotten around to putting it in place, partially because there exist third-party solutions.
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 20:27:00

what qz said, you can even get seconds into that time stamp. of course if you use mibbit then you are out of luck.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

iccyh Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 20:51:23

I wouldn't have guessed that the market stuff is third party given that it's advertised in the news channels.

I've got timestamps on, but my preferences for IRC in general are different than what I'd want for that one specific channel; I don't want GMT down to the second for anything aside from the news.

I just figured I'd toss it out, anyway.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 21:36:08

at least in mirc you can disable/enable timestamps on specific channel/channels.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

h2orich Game profile

Dec 19th 2014, 9:13:59

Go to Tools -> Options -> Under IRC tab (Messages) Tick Timestamp box and Key in [HH:nn:ss] into the box beside it.