Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 22nd 2014, 1:24:11

I think that most players will agree that it shouldn't be possible to finish with a very high NW mostly by farming bots. There were some changes proposed a long time ago that would make that strategy much more difficult to pull off: http://www.earthempires.com/...ress-please-comment-15332

Those changes were proposed many years ago. Are they still appropriate for the express of today?

iccyh Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 1:27:11

I already suggested elsewhere that the bot count be reduced to 10% of the server population, but based on what I've seen (I watch the news) that seems pretty reasonable.

currydubs Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 1:31:01

0% seems more reasonable

bstrong86 Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 1:43:00

When the bots start fighting back it wont be so bad
The Death Knights

XI

UpTheIrons Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 1:48:46

Was the intention of introducing the bots to take some of the heat off of the newer players? If so, wouldn't this be counter productive to that goal?

bstrong86 Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 1:53:41

Also

Pulling random names from ee database

Every bot should be on its own play schedule. Some once a day other a few and some every hour, etc..

Some gdi, some not
The Death Knights

XI

iccyh Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 1:54:18

I'm pretty sure the aim with the bots was for them to be alternative targets that were as appealing as other players, rather than a sole source of land. They'll get defense before long, and hopefully they'll start retalling after awhile as well.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:01:54

Bots need to be programmed to retal/attack ASAP.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

iccyh Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:09:04

Defense is the bigger issue. They're not going to be able to effectively retal most hits on them regardless of how they're coded, only those hits from people running low defense which is less of an issue on express than it is on say, alliance.

Regardless, it'll come eventually.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:15:20

I ran disguised as a bot last set and was able to do plenty damage with special attacks to those who multi tapped me, at least have that coded into the bots first so they don't end up being easy meals.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:22:32

even with the bots.. the new players will get farmed.

qz changed the building formula to make it more expensive to have bigger acres.. looks like that didnt even things out.

give it time, much work is needed on the bot's scripts for it to do what you guys "want" it to do.
looks like "i want the bots to do" list is growing.

i wonder if anything was actually done with regards to the DR matter.. it still can be abused from what i last checked.

iccyh Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:25:48

I'm not sure retalling with special attacks is appropriate for all servers, and Slagpit's suggested change solves that effectively enough for express. If you hit a bot 5 times, you lose GDI and are open to getting wrecked by others.

h2orich Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:34:18

silentwolf. the 'new' building changes is only more expensive up to about 4.5k acres. any buildings after that is cheaper.. that's why you see its more worth it to get land up to 26-28k acres rather than just end with 22-23k

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:43:48

Originally posted by iccyh:
I'm not sure retalling with special attacks is appropriate for all servers, and Slagpit's suggested change solves that effectively enough for express. If you hit a bot 5 times, you lose GDI and are open to getting wrecked by others.

We are in express talk, I'm taking about express server, every server needs to be addressed separately imo.
(•_•)

h2orich Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 4:18:22

this whole bot thing is stupid, right now its just a farming session with them with no fear of retals.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 22nd 2014, 16:13:05

The bots will be fixed soon enough.

Goals of the Bot Project are stated here:
http://www.earthempires.com/...roject-30965?t=1418833782
Finally did the signature thing.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2014, 22:03:54

Yo- Qzul, this bot project is dope. I'm going to try and make a good one. I finally got it to work on my machine. I just have to go through all the code 1st to see how you have it all working together.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

iccyh Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 22:08:15

KoH: Changing how the bots operate isn't the only way to address the individual needs of the server. Slagpit's suggestion would be quicker, easier, and more effective given the current state of things. If you want to wait for bots tailored to the server, fine, but you might be waiting awhile.

Souly Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 22:26:43

i for 1 like those changes even if i grab like an ass sometimes they seem prety fair to me and would make the express server interesting

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 23rd 2014, 0:00:25

Right now the bots are a bunch of pushovers... but you'll see. There will come a point where some will say they're too strong... ;)

Look at how far computer chess software has come.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Souly Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 11:17:08

well i'm actually glad Quiz started the bot project, and i do hope they will be better and be able to retal...

Originally posted by iccyh:
Defense is the bigger issue. They're not going to be able to effectively retal most hits on them regardless of how they're coded, only those hits from people running low defense which is less of an issue on express than it is on say, alliance.

Regardless, it'll come eventually.

That is not actually so. you can fix the retal problem by encoding in the percentages of military for example 1 bot should always have without counting spies at least 60% jets of it's total military units, imagine you make a bot with 80% jets they will have no problem in retalling almost anything :P

blid

EE Patron

Dec 23rd 2014, 18:30:15

I think the bots are cool... more targets make it more ufn to play. as they exist now OBVIOUSLY not good as people can easily identify them and freely farm them but it's an evolving situation. And, as for the question in the OP, yes, i think the ideas there are good and enacting a rule where you get kicked out of GDI for hitting the same country too many times is good.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Cash

Dec 23rd 2014, 21:53:44

More targets are nice!