Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2014, 16:15:57

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 14:42:01
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2014, 16:19:50

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 14:41:39

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2014, 16:22:08

[ Irrelevant ]

Edited By: Celphi on Feb 11th 2015, 14:42:15

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 9th 2014, 1:40:26

Everything in this game is multiplicative.

Also people don't usually get that much strategy tech. At most 120% maybe, because spending the money on tech that actually increases your income is almost always far better (eg res/bus for casher, agri for farmer, etc).

silentwolf Game profile

Jun 9th 2014, 1:47:23

Grabs 500 acres with 40% military strategy
500x1.2x1.4 = 840?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 9th 2014, 2:09:25

I was trying Military Strategy with a Dictator and the +33% ghost acres doesn't seem to be multiplied by the Military Strategy

braden Game profile

Jun 9th 2014, 2:52:33

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Everything in this game is multiplicative.

Also people don't usually get that much strategy tech. At most 120% maybe, because spending the money on tech that actually increases your income is almost always far better (eg res/bus for casher, agri for farmer, etc).

may i ask, would you consider this true also for the alliance server, and your land being gained through GA in landtrading? production being less important, so as far as i understand it, at least, than putting on acres and then maxing techs once done trading (loss of tech in grabs and the incredible cost of building but more so rebuilding)? (i also understand if you don't want to answer because you disapprove of the practice altogether, fair is fair.)

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 9th 2014, 7:09:22

It is also true in landtrading. The amount of ghosts you get is proportional to both the amount you grab, and the number of built acres on the target you grab, on top of that it is also affected by reset-long Country-to-Country DR. Not only that, Ghost acres DR doesn't get reduced by the target attacking, so even if his normal DR is say only 1 because he got attacked 10 times but attacked 9 times himself, his ghost DR is actually still 10 (based on old DR system before half-life), and attacking such a country would net you a normal amount of acres, but next to no ghost acres.

You have the best results attacking a country of the same strategy as you, so you don't have to rebuild building types.

Also production is actually doubly important when landtrading precisely because of your losses. A good landtrader doesn't start trading until he has maxed out his agri techs. Weapons isn't important because breaks are intentionally kept low. Strat tech is important to max the land gains, so really the only 2 techs you focus on are those 2 (as a farmer trader).

Tech is self-fulfilling cycle. If you make enough money, it allows you to buy more tech to make more money to buy more tech... The key is to be in the upward cycle, not a downward cycle.

The loss of tech isn't significant because you also gain them when attacking (hopefully you are attacking the a strat country).

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jun 9th 2014, 7:12:24
See Original Post

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 9th 2014, 7:14:28

Originally posted by Getafix:
I was trying Military Strategy with a Dictator and the +33% ghost acres doesn't seem to be multiplied by the Military Strategy

Ghost DR cannot be reduced, and it is not lowered by the target attacking. This will usually result in getting lower ghost acres than you expect.