Verified:

Xninja Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 5:13:20

Now I be debated on this or even called an idiot but I wanted to bring this up anyways.

I generally think that all explores and noobs invest their bonus points on DEFENSE BONUS. That being said, I think its a good bonus for an all explore country to use. It in theory helps the country keep its harder to obtain land which is a big deal for an all explore on any server.

With this idea in mind I wanted to ask the primary community if they think the DEFENSE BONUS is under powered in comparison to the other bonuses excluding LUCK which I feel is also under powered to the others.

A good example being. Let's say you run your country 30 days straight. You vote religiously. You invest on DEFENSIVE BONUS 30*.5%=15%, which is what .15?

Now 30 days invested into BUILDING COSTS is 39%, close to 3x as much gained from the same amount of bonus points?

Now the real issue what made me feel like making this post. At day 30 a country with the 39% building cost will be wayyyy better off than the country with the 15% defense increase.... 15% extra strength for 30 days of points... kind of weak I think in comparision....

Now I said my peace, the rest of you have at it! :)

Edited By: Xninja on Feb 7th 2015, 5:17:53
See Original Post
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Marshal Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 13:12:58

defense bonus is useless (just like luck no matter what fordy says) since even with 20% def bonus if break w/o def bonus is 5m jets ps its 6m jets with def bonus and that extra million jets is drop in ocean.

there was debate that either change def bonus (buff it) or get rid off it.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 19:36:59

Good point. I don't use it so I've never thought about it really.
The EEVIL Empire

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2015, 11:31:35

I used it as a Dictator a couple times. When you multiply it by 25% Dictator bonus and good weapons, then add in allies, it's quite a defensive power that lets you run on low turrets and get lots of DH's

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2015, 13:30:44

i think it would be a lot more powerful if it was an attack and defense bonus

Xninja Game profile

Feb 9th 2015, 14:11:39

Originally posted by Marshal:
defense bonus is useless (just like luck no matter what fordy says) since even with 20% def bonus if break w/o def bonus is 5m jets ps its 6m jets with def bonus and that extra million jets is drop in ocean.

there was debate that either change def bonus (buff it) or get rid off it.

I wish the debate worked... it needs buffed or replaced.

What you get +.5% every 8 points. Let's assume just the voting points, to get 20% that's what, 40 days of voting. You can get -2.1% decay for same points, 40 days later bam! -84%, your loosing just 16% of your food..... 40 days in hopefully your pretty fat. Ok now even building cost, -52%, your buildings are now half priced....

Even as a Dictator taking the D. bonus its not as strong.

You also need to consider the pace of the server. Defense is important start to finish no doubt. But the rate it takes to get any D. bonus % that will actually help you will be pretty late in the set and not worth getting. Not if you could be only decaying 16% of your food....

I wouldn't mind seeing the number of turns needed dropped or the % raised to help keep it in pace with the other bonuses.

Or delete or replaced. I think raising your explore rate by would be interesting :p

Edited By: Xninja on Feb 9th 2015, 14:17:12
See Original Post
Overlord of Chaos
MSN/Email:

Marshal Game profile

Feb 9th 2015, 14:43:27

it was debate between me and xinhuan on my earthquake-thread (so it got ignored).

"Xinhuan

Sep 27th 2014, 8:43:03
I suggest it should be changed from +0.5% defense bonus to just +0.5% weapons (multiplicative with your weapons%). So it retains its use defensively, but also works offensively. If you stack all your points on it, you'll reach about +30% by end of set. Useful for warring, but at least a good contender versus everyone just going for Turns all the time while warring. I'll even say I think +0.5% is too little.

(Believe me, If I'm sending 5m jets to PS you, sending 500k more is nothing to me. I see so many people on solo servers with Def bonus.)

Could also be useful for netting since it allows you to carry less units, spend less oil, giving a benefit much like a % reduction of expenses would."

Xninja Game profile

Feb 10th 2015, 5:26:42

I think I will link this thread to B&S.
Overlord of Chaos
MSN/Email:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 12th 2015, 19:56:33

not a bad idea
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 12th 2015, 19:57:10

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

I suggest it should be changed from +0.5% defense bonus to just +0.5% weapons (multiplicative with your weapons%). So it retains its use defensively, but also works offensively. If you stack all your points on it, you'll reach about +30% by end of set. Useful for warring, but at least a good contender versus everyone just going for Turns all the time while warring. I'll even say I think +0.5% is too little.

(Believe me, If I'm sending 5m jets to PS you, sending 500k more is nothing to me. I see so many people on solo servers with Def bonus.)

Could also be useful for netting since it allows you to carry less units, spend less oil, giving a benefit much like a % reduction of expenses would."
Finally did the signature thing.

pvtk7 Game profile

Feb 13th 2015, 22:01:25

Well, it's settled, I'm not wasting any more points on this ever again.

alexsiki Game profile

Feb 16th 2015, 22:50:50

do our posts even get considered when making bonus changes?

Marshal Game profile

Feb 17th 2015, 15:06:58

Originally posted by alexsiki:
do our posts even get considered when making bonus changes?

could be if our suggestions are good and those suggested bonuses are useful.