Soy Sauce

Jul 22nd 2015, 4:40:04

Please entertain us

Reckless Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 5:56:55

Oh snap

En4cer Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 8:15:10

What happened to the last couple? Deleted? Self deleted?

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2015, 8:57:10

did titan originally form from md remnants?

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 9:36:52

We had a dnh pact. We broke it with a single grab. We offered reps or drop def to take back land. Member took it before was arranged. We offer 120% L;L, MD have other policy and took PS. I contacted MD to discuss, its our policy vs their policy scenario. I think 120% was fair, they thought otherwise. We ROR'd to bring it back to 125% original grab which I thought was fair. MD did not and said they would take a futher 2 PS according to their policy. We disagreed. And hence our destruction.

Over The Hill Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 11:14:58

Originally posted by mrcuban:
We had a dnh pact. We broke it with a single grab. We offered reps or drop def to take back land. Member took it before was arranged. We offer 120% L;L, MD have other policy and took PS. I contacted MD to discuss, its our policy vs their policy scenario. I think 120% was fair, they thought otherwise. We ROR'd to bring it back to 125% original grab which I thought was fair. MD did not and said they would take a futher 2 PS according to their policy. We disagreed. And hence our destruction.

I don't buy the "our policy vs their policy scenario" at all

You had a "dnh" pact and there would have been retal terms associated with that pact.

It's the terms outlined in the "dnh" pact policy that matter.

You attempted to offer reps, drop defence and offer 120% L:L to try and soften the retal blow against your offending country.

MD just took what they were intitled to under the pact terms and you had a little hissy fit.

Kat Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 12:20:20

That's a terrible FA to not review policies before entering into a pact. That's kind of the entire reason for their existence.

aponic Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 12:21:01

DNH is not a pact, it is an agreement. There are no terms. Come back down from the hill, the thin air is making you senile.
SOF
Cerevisi

Bombay Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 12:44:27

hm

Edited By: Bombay on Jul 22nd 2015, 13:11:29

Kat Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 13:14:06

Originally posted by aponic:
DNH is not a pact, it is an agreement. There are no terms. Come back down from the hill, the thin air is making you senile.

Pact
/pakt/

Noun

A formal agreement between parties.

And while the only real term is the name of the pact itself, generally, it's understood that if you manage to fluff it up, the other clan's retal policy stands.

But +1 for remembering I r King.

Donny Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 13:35:49

why would you grab if you aren't prepared for a retal.

2015-07-17 19:35:31 PS Lord Nibbler (#320) MD Remember the TITANS (#25) TITANS 3197A (4559A)
2015-07-16 00:12:17 PS Remember the TITANS (#25) TITANS Lord Nibbler (#320) MD 1134A (1908A)

1908 total to 3197 taken.
a 59% loss for the member who fluffed up.

thats fair- you think you can grab and make your own terms?

"hey gimme your land and go fluff yourself your not allowed to retal"

if it was me i woulda dropped my demo converted to tyr maxed mil strat and made it really hurt.

Fact of the matter is You are not Columbus. We aren't the Indians. Go back across the Blue where you belong Titans :)
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

justtaint

Jul 22nd 2015, 15:34:07

You don't quite understand what 120% L:L means. It means if you don't receive 120% back on the first retal you are entitled to additional retals. It does not mean that you're limited to 120%.

Regardless of the above statement, we had a DNH with no pact terms. You are bound by our retal policy when you hit us.
SlashMD

justtaint

Jul 22nd 2015, 15:35:46

Enshula,
This incarnation of Titans has no relation to MD or the Titans of old.
SlashMD

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 15:37:50

Sadly, nobody will remember the titans here.

justtaint

Jul 22nd 2015, 15:40:21

SlashMD

justtaint

Jul 22nd 2015, 15:40:58

If someone would be so kind as to post an Earthgraphs warstats link, it doesn't seem to be working for me atm.
SlashMD

Soy Sauce

Jul 22nd 2015, 16:16:42

best war ever

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 16:47:34

Just to point out we aren't crying or whinging. We never said they couldn't retal the original grab. We disagreed on how much land was allowed to retal and how to do it SS or PS. We disagreed. It's done and so are the TITANS. Sub 300 players its a real shame but you are so limited now with the strategy you can play, its just plain boring now. Enjoy all and wish you all the best.

maverickmd Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 17:07:03

i play all explore any strat ever round and finish top 100 easily. You can play any strategy ;)

Bombay Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 17:36:14

Just to point out we aren't crying or whinging. We never said they couldn't retal the original grab. We disagreed on how much land was allowed to retal and how to do it SS or PS. We disagreed. It's done and so are the TITANS. Sub 300 players its a real shame but you are so limited now with the strategy you can play, its just plain boring now. Enjoy all and wish you all the best.

I tried to negotiate with you, you had your guy RoR without consulting me. It was done and you sent me a message saying that you "evened" it up because you only allow 120% land on a retal. Sorry but our Retals say we can PS a SS.

I contacted you first because you had reached out for a DNH with us, and we granted it. I said since you guys wanted a DNH with us, and if you would like further relations, I suggest that you drop def allies because our guy had to buy up to make the retal. I never said we would only do a SS in return.

After I said we would be making our PS hits on the RoR, you decided to just start launching missiles at our guy. Are we just going to stand by and let one of our brothers get bombarded with 40 missiles?

I hate to see guys leave a server, but you left us little choice in having to respond to the act of war for the missiles. Mrcuban if you want to discuss this further on the side, let me know and I gladly will. I have no hard feelings about this.

Kat Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 18:40:07

Speaking as an objective third party, mrcuban, what you're forgetting is that there is no "our policy vs. their policy". It was their policy since you guys broke the DNH. It doesn't matter if you think it's fair, you agreed to it when you made the DNH. RoRs are never acceptable on a retal without discussing with the other clan.

It's been a few years since I've played, but it looks like most of the same basic understandings apply. It's a shame that the mistakes of the few have once again cost an entire clan, but that's how it goes.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2015, 18:46:23

i havnt actually checked the news but if someone does SS on l:l retals i count it as 50% extra because they could have ps'd

its very uncommon to limit hits to SS by agreement

its more common to agree to allow SS if defense is too high or DR is too high

there tends to be less balancing out when a grabbing mistake happens, its more common in trading though

justtaint

Jul 22nd 2015, 20:46:24

Can the mods please reinstate the two countries that self deleted? We really wanted to make them go kablooey!!!!!
SlashMD

Reckless Game profile

Jul 22nd 2015, 20:55:16

You're going to leave the server?

breeze Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 3:29:42

Yeah it wont matter what your policy. It seems others wont honor it. I know exactly what your talking about.

breeze Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 3:37:11

Originally posted by Over The Hill:

I don't buy the "our policy vs their policy scenario" at all

You had a "dnh" pact and there would have been retal terms associated with that pact.

It's the terms outlined in the "dnh" pact policy that matter.

You attempted to offer reps, drop defence and offer 120% L:L to try and soften the retal blow against your offending country.

MD just took what they were intitled to under the pact terms and you had a little hissy fit.

Well here goes the peanut gallery spouting off. The only hissy fit I see is you dumb ass. Oh the mighty great one OTH has spoken. You are nothing but a blow hard. LIke to hear yourself talk. Complete moron you are oh great one.

elvesrus

Jul 23rd 2015, 3:40:30

sorry, can't side with titans at all in this one. you make a grab, you pay the consequences if it was a bad one. retal that and you're pretty much asking to die.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 4:49:27

Hey guys no hard feelings here. Not fluffing or having a whinge just simply letting people know what happened. It's a war game. People have often said if you don't like something then do something. TITANS is/was a small tag. We were horribly poor at playing this game we couldn't net or war well, but we kept to ourselves and enjoyed what was left.

We grabbed md. We had a dnh. Our terms for any clan is 120% l;l and we thought 125 was fair. MD policy and MD thought different. We werent happy so we made a decision. We got rolled. In the end it's just a game.

Sadly were not getting the enjoyment anymore, and simply put we feel the game doesn't offer us much anymore. SUB 300 players now means you can only play a few styles and as a small clan a few less styles.

No hard feelings.

Soy Sauce

Jul 23rd 2015, 4:52:16

well said mr. cuban

elvesrus

Jul 23rd 2015, 4:53:15

it's been established since the dawn of time in this game that you get at least one SS or PS for a retal. if you grab me and I get 3x the land in a retal it doesn't matter if the policy is 1:1 100% L:L whatever. it's still a valid retal.

Reckless Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 5:02:47

Shame to see an alliance leave

mrcuban Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 5:03:06

Elves your missing the point. There are no rules to retals, only policies, terms and your war room.

I understand more often than not people don't grab because they often lose out on the retal according to the clans policy's etc. And in this case our member was to lose out. We spoke to md and offered what we thought was fair. They disagreed. We lost. That's the end of the story.

The fact TITANS are leaving the server has zero to do with MD. :)

elvesrus

Jul 23rd 2015, 5:16:01

it's very possible to grab all set and win out the whole time even with the retal policies out there. said policies tend to be very reasonable unless it was a very unreasonable grab.

your guy was 8mil networth larger, and I doubt he had mil strat, while jumping another 7mil in the process. the jump alone would make sure I'm doing the retal with matched networth and max mil strat.

learn how to grab and everyone wins.

Atryn Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 5:34:39

I'll add that what you described, mrcuban, is a lot closer to the arranged land-trading that many alliances (including many MD countries) engage in. Both parties agree to hit each other for gains and try to make it even out or be reasonable within some agreed terms. There is certainly a place for that.

The fact that this server accommodates land trading is a sign of a generally more permissive environment now than used to exist years ago, IMHO.

Soy Sauce

Jul 23rd 2015, 6:03:09

Landtrading is what killed this game IMHO. No skills at all.

maverickmd Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 21:34:33

Actually bots killed this game about 12-15 years ago

Goofy Game profile

Jul 23rd 2015, 23:38:08

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
Sadly, nobody will remember the titans here.

+1 :)

justtaint

Jul 25th 2015, 4:28:18

MrCuban, again, you fail to understand what 120% L:L means.

120% L:L means that if you hit me, and I retal, if my retal fails to gain 120% I get another hit. It does not mean that the retaller is limited to 120% Land.
SlashMD