Verified:

RLenga MD Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 22:52:58

Today the MD tag was compromised and our largest countries were booted and out passwords were changed. We have started to correct the issue by re tagging to xMDX. Please as of now acknowledge MD and xMDx as a MD tag until we are fully converted over.

The country #503 seems to the the one to have caused the issue.

Please refrain from grabbing the following countries as they are still Md'ers and we are trying to reach them to tag up to the new tag.

Take Control of Your Life 192
Artichokes humping Yoda 235
Shenanigans and BS 68
Its always Yoda MD 166
CatchPhrase 58
CHIa Pets MD 13

Edited By: RLenga MD on Nov 6th 2015, 22:59:11
See Original Post

Academus Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 22:53:55

confirmed - the new tag may appear as xMDX

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2015, 22:54:51

PS aokigahara (#233) [TheOmega] --> CatchPhrase (#58) [] -- 879A/1437A

only one hit so far

mrford Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 22:56:30

Lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

justtaint

Nov 6th 2015, 22:59:24

For the next 72 hours, we'll be cross-retalling for the two tags. Our pacts, or our retal policies will be in effect as always.
SlashMD

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2015, 23:00:05

PS CatchPhrase (#58) [xMDX] --> aokigahara (#233) [TheOmega] -- 3958A/5585A

that was quick and not worth it, bad luck to 233 if he didnt realise what happened :(

mrcuban Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 23:12:19

So sad.. Who would do such a thing. Man this game was a only left with fluff heads

Sov Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 23:55:53

Unfortunately this is not the first time something like this has happened. It is a low and despicable act.

I hope MD name and shame the person if they discover his or her identity.

This also raises concerns as to whether it was some sort of game hack as well and I believe an investigation is in order.

Raging Budda Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 0:35:15

Low blow. Such a pain in the arse to deal with for something so stupid.
Your base is mine!

Trife Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 0:38:27

So the detag happened

Then 5 minutes later, #58 is landgrabbed.

Then, before this even hits AT, #58 retals the fark outta him.

I'm unsure of the pacting between Omega and MD, but I assume it's friendly... Kinda surprised given the circumstances that FAs weren't contacted and something worked out in terms of reps or whatever.

But that's none of my business, the important part is that it's figured out who did this, and more importantly - how. If we can't figure that out, it'll shirley happen again. And if this is a glitch/hack/exploit, what else could be compromised?

mrford Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 0:41:14

Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Over The Hill Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 1:02:12

Originally posted by Trife:
So the detag happened

Then 5 minutes later, #58 is landgrabbed.

Then, before this even hits AT, #58 retals the fark outta him.

I'm unsure of the pacting between Omega and MD, but I assume it's friendly... Kinda surprised given the circumstances that FAs weren't contacted and something worked out in terms of reps or whatever.

+1

Goofy Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 1:39:39

Trife, it doesn't really matter since the country hit did his own retal. Even untagged countries can retal hits on themselves, so whatever tag 58 had on doesn't matter.

Catchy Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 1:54:38

I didn't even try to optimize the hit... perhaps ask yourself why there is a ~20k acre untagged country with no hits on it before grabbing it. Though I was pretty impressed that they only hit once...

Trife Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 2:32:29

Originally posted by Goofy:
Trife, it doesn't really matter since the country hit did his own retal. Even untagged countries can retal hits on themselves, so whatever tag 58 had on doesn't matter.

I understand this. My point was that given the circumstances of the hit (recent detag by a good ally (i'm assuming this), and the MD tag it came from was missing quite a bit of members) that before spanking him with a big retal, contact would be made between FA's to figure out how to resolve it.

Again, the #58 was well within his rights to take the retal, but if I were in their position, I would've given good allies the benefit of the doubt and have FAs contact after seeing the circumstances.

So catchy, IMO, http://i.imgur.com/40Idny0.png?1

MADMARK Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 4:29:04

Don't stress catchy :D

Syko_Killa Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 5:00:13

It was Patriot/Retributor He bragged about it in Irc...
Do as I say, not as I do.

Viceroy Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 6:00:43

1) MD is lucky this isn't the Team server

2) Unless their pact specifically prevents anyone from retaliating their own hits, there is no possible way in Hell that anyone should ever consider Catchy to be an asshole.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Hawkster Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 6:39:10

It is sad this happened. Also sad how this just shows the art of land grabbing has been lost on this server.

justtaint

Nov 7th 2015, 7:19:33

MD attempted to make contact with Heads of each respective alliance as soon as we found out. Unfortunately some people camp the news and are quick on the draw. We are looking into who might have done this and are attempting to acquire more information before we come to any conclusions.

Thanks for your patience.
SlashMD

mrford Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 7:25:19

Originally posted by Viceroy:
1) MD is lucky this isn't the Team server

well, you cant detag on the team server, so i suppose they would be better off in that situation no?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Viceroy Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 7:30:15

EDIT: FYI, My previous post was in reference to the inability to change tags on the Team server. To be fully up front on this, I was recruited to play there this set for the first time since I was a member of DBD2 in set #9.

I apologize if anyone mistook the intention of my post and thought it was a threat. I'm sorry and I apologize for any inconvenience my ignorance and lack of clarity may have caused.

ANOTHER EDIT: Good point about how the lack of an ability to detag there would have prevented the need to retag differently in the first place. I'm both dumb and excessively tired at the moment :-)

Edited By: Viceroy on Nov 7th 2015, 7:36:54
See Original Post
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Catchy Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 12:39:35

lol, first time I've been accused of that for doing a retal... you'd think the person who did the original hit would have that label...

Over The Hill Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 13:32:23

Originally posted by Catchy:
lol, first time I've been accused of that for doing a retal... you'd think the person who did the original hit would have that label...

Countries detag all the time on this server. The Omega country that grabbed you at the time saw it as just that....A MD country that just detagged and didn't realize that the entire tag was detagged.
That country made only 1 grab on you....you yourself admitted that you were surprised that it only made that 1 grab and not more.
So why would you label that person as being the a-hole

You on the other hand Catchy are the one that is playing the "stupid" defence here.

This isn't just about doing a retal as you would like to claim and believe because if it was then you would be 100% right in what you did.

You were tagged MD and still are tagged MD except for a brief 30 minutes or so. MD has formal relations with Omega.

Everyone with any common sense and I include you Catchy because even you aren't that stupid to realize the only reason you got grabbed was because you were untagged at the time.

We are not saying that you don't have the right to a retal.....we are saying that the FA depts from both Alliances should have been involved

Up until that grab on you.....you were an All-X with no jets....you saw a greedy opportunity to grab some large amount of land without getting MD's FA dept involved.

And for that......it was a douchebag move on your part.

on a side note regarding douchebag moves.....
there are countries at the beginning of a reset belonging to an Alliance that purposely remain untagged until some large acre country grabs it a couple of times.
Then they immediately tag up to their Alliance and retal the fluff out of the guy.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2015, 13:39:14

2015-11-07 09:40:21 PS Westeros (#351) STONES Take Control of Your Life (#192) 2697A (4083A)

theres another hit, its possible stones might want to war though

as to omega and md, thats probably the definition of 'special relationship' in this game, i doubt one incident will make any difference

Ruthie

Nov 7th 2015, 14:01:23

So a bunch of MD countries get detagged, one (and now 2) get hit and Catchy is an asshole for retalling?

If someone is camping the news then they would have seen the other MDs getting detagged as well, but still decided to hit one of them. But Catchy is the asshole? *boggles*

Catchy is one of the more awesome people in this game and it pisses me off to see such things being said.

If I wasnt tagged DF for the upcoming war, I would have been detagged as well and you can bet I would have retaled to get my land back. Its the chance you take when you decide to grab someone.

On a side note, its a shame that this game still attracts immature flufftards who would do something like compromise an alliance tag this way. There arent enough players in this game to drive people away with stupid fluff like this.

Edited By: Ruthie on Nov 7th 2015, 14:03:49
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Sov Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 14:23:25

I only just noticed now that the name of the country that detagged MD was named for me. Now I would really like to know who it is -_-

Too bad I don't even use this nickname in EE in any form other than these boards anymore.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 7th 2015, 14:23:32

Originally posted by Ruthie:

On a side note, its a shame that this game still has immature flufftards who would do something like compromise an alliance tag this way. There arent enough players in this game to drive people away with stupid fluff like this.

FTFY - Sorry Ruthie... I was gone for 2 years and came back recently...and looks like the same people here.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Havoc Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 16:21:24

I'm the silly Omegan who made the grab. He was the only one detagged at the time I made the grab, and had been for 10 mins so I figured he had been booted by leadership and would end up being farmed to fluff by the majority of the server.
Would have happily paid generous reps :(

Oh well.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

oddy Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 17:05:26

2015-11-07 09:40:21 PS Westeros (#351) STONES Take Control of Your Life (#192) 2697A (4083A)

about this hit, i have PM Westeros about it, and i will let my FA do the talking.

Not a good thing to see after a long Saturday. :(

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 17:31:32

Originally posted by Over The Hill:
on a side note regarding douchebag moves.....
there are countries at the beginning of a reset belonging to an Alliance that purposely remain untagged until some large acre country grabs it a couple of times.
Then they immediately tag up to their Alliance and retal the fluff out of the guy.

I don't think that's a douchebag move at all. We've all seen the hypocrisy displayed by almost every tag on this server regarding retals from untagged players or players in small, new alliances. If someone playing untagged dares to take even one retal after a triple tap or worse from an established tag, he's usually killed for it.

If alliances think the policy of not allowing retals from untagged countries is fair, then they should declare war on the tag of the "early untag retal" guy.. That would make things interesting - and a little less hypocritical :)

Catchy Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 18:15:41

I got hit as an untagged country so I took care of the retal myself. FA wasn't needed cause I was untagged at the time and I could make the retal on my own. I totally could have calculated it out to get every last acre I could, but I didn't.

This isn't some case of manipulation to get some poor fat sucker to hit me. It was just poor target selection. And I did want to send a message that you have to be careful who you hit. If you grab a country that has cash on hand to break you then it's a bad idea, untagged or not. Nothing more than that. Sorry you were on the receiving end of that message havoc.

And I was not calling him an ahole, I was just pointing out that he is the one who initiated the grab so it seems more appropriate for people to be thinking he was being one, not me. I took an unoptimized retal, that is like sacrilege...

Thanks for having my back Ruthie!

Havoc and I can work this out on our own.

hoop Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 20:33:08

boo!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 7th 2015, 21:10:52

Havoc's a noob
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2015, 22:25:42

the old tag bug back to walk the shadows of the earth ?
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Trife Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 22:38:53

My point which certain people on this thread just seem to be missing over and over again somehow lol *boggles*

It's my opinion that this situation could've been handled better, especially since it was between two good friends.

No major harm done, life will go on for both alliances.

Suncrusher Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 6:06:43

trife seems unusually stupid in this thread

Suncrusher Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 6:08:39

OTH...also stupid

breeze Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 6:56:38

Originally posted by Suncrusher:
OTH...also stupid

+1

Scott Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 7:25:19

Originally posted by Dutchy:
American (Murican) is a race now?

It clearly is...

Dutchy Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 7:27:55

Ok.

Alin Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 7:29:34

Originally posted by Dutchy:
American (Murican) is a race now?

He s murican. You could be american. He still lacks "a". He s a brave one tought. He is the type of stay and fight after he just ran!

Dutchy Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 7:31:43

I'm Australian.

I'm still just trying to figure out how American is a race.

Colo Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 7:54:32

LOL

Vic Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 12:00:30

yo havoc

iScode Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 19:58:57

what happened to Scott's post accusing me, I enjoyed the attention!

Oh Bonus...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mytanksgoboom Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 21:30:56

Originally posted by iScode:

Oh Bonus...

drama queen

Scott V 2

Nov 8th 2015, 21:57:44

Originally posted by iScode:

Oh Bonus...

It was a clear troll. I know where you are playing :)

iScode Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 23:02:53

I know it was thats why I was suprised it was deleted by mods.

I am untag, 458, at war with SoL
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Atryn Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 4:27:07

Still wondering who did this.... and why....