Verified:

UBer Bu Game profile

Feb 16th 2016, 23:48:43

In accordance with the late Justice's originalist interpretation of the Constitution, the Republican party is planning to block any potential nominees for a replacement. The reason? As a black man, Barack Obama only gets to serve 3/5 of his term :V
-take off every sig.

Huma Abedin

Feb 17th 2016, 0:23:56

as a black man he gets three fifths, as a white man he gets the other two.

mdevol Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 2:22:59

Obama will nominate someone and we shall judge them on their merits. Until then, partisan bickering does no service. Based on his prior nominations to major federal roles, it isn't likely that one he nominates will pass through the Senate. We will see...

If he is smart, which is debatable, he would nominate a slightly right leaning centrist from court of appeals that would likely get the votes, he would then bring the high court a little more left, and be able to ram through an appeals court progressive as he has done routinely throughout his two terms. Or else he risks missing out on both opportunities should they lose the election, and reps hold the senate. The senate issue is likely to happen anyways. So this is a big opportunity. If he thinks going the course and campaigning on the reps holding SCOTUS nominations hostage is a winning strategy, he is very very misunderstanding the reason for the surges of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.

Edited By: mdevol on Feb 17th 2016, 2:26:24
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Heston Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 2:23:31

Free pass for the black president, cause after all he is the first black president. Plus he is black. Anything else is racist bigotry.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Raging Budda Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 4:27:55

I was slightly dismayed, but not suprised, that before his body was cold, the political battle on his replacement had already started. At least give the guy a funeral, rather you liked him or not, before the debate starts.
Your base is mine!

clintonista Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 4:44:38

I thought Bubba was the first black president?

Bob Loblaw

EE Patron

Feb 17th 2016, 7:11:22

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 13:33:11

Obamas little speech yesterday was classic politics . As much as I dislike him I have to say it was well played.
On the other hand Cruz with his promise to filibuster the nominee just fluff himself in the arse, much worse than a foot shot. This just highlights the division of the parties and shows again that everyone has their own interests ahead of the countries .
Obama and the Dems now can toss a sacrificial lamb out as a nominee and let the Republicans be the jerks as they rip it to shreds.
A smart play by Obama would be to toss out a woman. Then he and Hillary can rally around that and hint at sexism by the Republicans.
The only way the Republicans can escape this trap is to accept whatever nominee is tossed out. Then they can only hope it's a terrible nominee and they can toss that back at the Dems.
I absolutely love the game of politics

Ruthie

Feb 17th 2016, 14:04:20

Unfortunatly I think thats exactly what they consider this.....a game.

~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Marshal Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 14:15:30

game to get money.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 14:35:34

Game of power, one of the most interesting.
One thing that puzzles me tho, is Scalia dies supposably alone in someone else's house. There is no autopsy even tho the houses owner is alleged to state he found the body, with a pillow over his head.
Doesn't that seem strange? A autopsy could have ruled out some things .

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 14:40:53

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
Obamas little speech yesterday was classic politics . As much as I dislike him I have to say it was well played.
On the other hand Cruz with his promise to filibuster the nominee just fluff himself in the arse, much worse than a foot shot. This just highlights the division of the parties and shows again that everyone has their own interests ahead of the countries .
Obama and the Dems now can toss a sacrificial lamb out as a nominee and let the Republicans be the jerks as they rip it to shreds.
A smart play by Obama would be to toss out a woman. Then he and Hillary can rally around that and hint at sexism by the Republicans.
The only way the Republicans can escape this trap is to accept whatever nominee is tossed out. Then they can only hope it's a terrible nominee and they can toss that back at the Dems.
I absolutely love the game of politics

Yes, accept whoever Obama picks and "hope" he or she is terrible. Great plan. Supreme Court justices are in for LIFE. 30+ years of an anti-freedom, anti-constitution judge is JUST what we need.

The plan you laid out there for Republicans would be exactly what you complained about in your first paragraph; putting the personal interests of the politicians ahead of the citizens.

Sadly, politicians on both sides have shown over the past several decades that that is their standard procedure.

Trife Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 15:58:28

it's clear that obama killed scalia from the grassy knoll with a sweet 3 point shot

mrford Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 15:59:21

YOU SHUT YOUR FACE TRIFE, YOU SHUT IT RIGHT MEOW!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 16:16:49

That's correct SAM
I gave what I see as the only option for the Republicans to get out of the mess and try to salvage what is a no win for them already.
Is it right? Of course not. But it is the only play left for them. They blew it from the start and the Dems are all over it already.

Feb 17th 2016, 18:00:42

In order to filibuster, doesn't Cruz actually have show up in Washington to do his job instead of trying to get another one?
Your base is mine!

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 19:47:22

+ one for Budda !!

Trife Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 20:41:43

Originally posted by mrford:
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE TRIFE, YOU SHUT IT RIGHT MEOW!

http://i.imgur.com/C18Krw3.gifv

Feb 17th 2016, 22:31:20

Might as well add in Rubio, Sanders to the Senator mix of people along with Kasick as a current governor who are actively shirking their current job while trying to get another one. Who else outside of policticians can not do their current job AND GET PAID while actively seeking another one? and if they lose, they just go back to the previous job they had.
Your base is mine!