Verified:

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Feb 16th 2016, 16:40:16

Just wanted to start a debate which might be short lived.

What would happen to the game if server like Alliance which are dwindling below 400 allowed each active player to play 2 countries (No more then 2 period). Tags could instantly double. Maybe add a caveat were no two countries may be tagged different tags to stop some blatant abuses but, Would change wars drastically again. Wars were always more fun with 50+ tags going at it. Would make it more challenging in some ways. People would only technically need 3 people on to get a kill run going with full turns....

I know this is not FFA and no not supporting FFA alliance. How much longer would two countries take to play versus one. Would be very interesting to see Alliance numbers back up to 800 or so. I Know it goes against the spirit of the 1 country per person but, really wonder how much difference 2 countries per person would be. I think it would possibly change the effects of netgaining cause could become like FFA with one country feeding another but, maybe add a rule that no person could inter ally (which stops FA) and adds another dimension to the game.

Just a crazy idea that hoping to hear some real feed back on. Just think of the dimensions would add to the dwindling game.....

Let the flaming begin....(P.s. Bored at work today)

UBer Bu Game profile

Feb 16th 2016, 16:46:04

I would just love to have twice as many things to keep track of! As an added bonus, there'd be twice the barrier of entry for new players. This plan is flawless!
-take off every sig.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Feb 16th 2016, 16:51:52

I didn't say it didn't have holes.

1) The barrier of entry for new player's. In reality if a new player doesn't join an established alliance his likelihood of surviving this server is about 1%. When was the last time you met a BRAND new player?

2) Its just two countries and realistically its not that much more work.

This was to start a discussion not be an end all be all..... This was just a theory which I know has less then 0.1% of ever happening but, was looking for REAL feedback from people..

Duna Game profile

Feb 16th 2016, 17:08:38

Also, we can just add 50 bots to each tag, wich will bring all tags over 50 members:) And we will have a lot of numbers.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 16th 2016, 18:05:38

Personally, I don't think wars with smaller numbers are less fun. In a 20 v 20 war, tactics become more important, which I think makes them more interesting.

Reintroduce real competition (eliminate the risk-free land sources). This game was much more fun when you had to really work to create a great country that people wouldn't mess with.

Then couple that with real marketing. Facebook, etc.

I don't think any of that is going to happen though.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Feb 16th 2016, 18:24:04

Like I said I doubt this is reality in any way shape or form. Yeah 20 vs 20 require more skill which is nice just miss some of the epic slug feast.

Also, I feel wars have been nerfed massively by things like the EWPP. I believe the pact had a point but, now is completely harmful for the game. You literally lock out 60% of the set or so, (Don't have exact % in front of me) from wars being fault. It takes out half the strategy of war... Part of war is building strategies to maximize your benefit at the time you want to hit.... Personally everybody know when wars will begin now of days which I feel defeats the purpose of any planning or cunning. Some say this is good but, to be honest I think it has taken the chance factor out of the game. The Risk factor needs to be brought back....

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 16th 2016, 18:54:22

You can't stop land trading. Any tags or members that are friends with another will continue to do it. Is BS but is part of the game now.
I agree with Cobra on the eewp tho. Used to be if you didn't pact up early, you should be worried. Now you get a extended fa time to work and then you can prep for war late.
I miss the OOP grudge match wars 😀

NRS Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 15:04:17

is the ewpp still in effect? the thread for it says it lasts until dec 15'.

mrford Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 16:02:06

Come ay FFA if you want wars with a lot of countries.

Otherwise, keep humping the corpse that is this game like the rest of us.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marshal Game profile

Feb 17th 2016, 20:56:08

ewwwwwwwwwpp is in effect.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

GeneralofRome Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 6:39:34

I think the ewpp should be abolished...there's no sense in it especially since most clans that plan to war aren't ready until later in the set anyway. Organized wars bore the fluff out of me

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 18th 2016, 10:25:49

do you remember how time the early wars got?

the earliest one was about turn 200 because everyone had to be ready to hit before the other side

and then there was the rage or pdm FS on someone where they just farmed because the other side had no mil and it was too early to kill pretty much oop

Forgotten

Feb 18th 2016, 10:47:05

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
Personally, I don't think wars with smaller numbers are less fun. In a 20 v 20 war, tactics become more important, which I think makes them more interesting.

Reintroduce real competition (eliminate the risk-free land sources). This game was much more fun when you had to really work to create a great country that people wouldn't mess with.

Then couple that with real marketing. Facebook, etc.

I don't think any of that is going to happen though.

SAM isn't typing in CAPS. Its not what he really thinks.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

farmer Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 13:44:45

new players do come around just not often we have had a couple the last few sets, the key is keeping them here

WArriOR Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 15:07:10

If you have not fought a war that started in week 1 or two reset after reset then you don't know why the EWPP was put into effect. For almost 8 months wars were starting week 1 ore 2 and it would become a restart war killing people over and over. It was driving people out of the game.

I do agree that larger wars are more fun, allowing people to play 2 countries is just a band aid on a broken leg. It will increase country numbers but does not increase the activity of people. Now you have more countries that are half active. It really would only benefit the alliance with the most real active people playing 2 countries.

it is an idea. who knows
Ninja Kicked the Dam Rabbit

Hawkster Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 17:03:13

Yep band aid. What happens when numbers drop even lower, will you increase it to running 3 countries, etc etc?

Plus I do not see where increasing from 350 countries to 700 will really change anything when they are not real people. Having only 3 people show up for WC and capable of now making a KR imho will only be tad more fun. Yes you might get the kill when prior you would not have. But a key important aspect for Alliance server is social aspect. A fun war and a fun KR is when you have several in at same time, and 3 just really isnt it. Otherwise you might as well just be playing in FFA or Solo type servers. As already said, it is a numbers game, more activity and more players make it more fun. Sure adding change might add new twist which might make it interesting for set or two if that.

For netting, this idea is even worse. I already think half the challenge is gone nowadays with all the land trading, silly clan policies, etc. But to have it so that everyone 2nd country can become a feeder would just make it even worse. That 2nd country no matter what you implement WILL be used as feeder country somehow. Even if you put in things like cant pact up with your own, any clan could simply put in round robin. Person A feeds B, whom feeds C, whom feeds A. Or I am sure tons of other ways to go about it.

archaic Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 21:56:48

What this game needs is a nice overdose of horse tranquilizers
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 22:15:35

LOL warrior I fault in every one of those wars. I understood its use at the point but, that point is dead now. I personally think it lasted to long. It should of been around for a max of 2 or 3 sets to let politics redictate games. The big issue was server war after server war for the balance of power in this game.

Like i said a crazy idea and some people commented on. Good thoughts from both sides. Like I said before the likelihood of this happening is less then .01% but, was nice to hear peoples opinions.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 22:16:41

Oh and Warrior thanks for your constructive comments.

Scott Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 22:26:03

Originally posted by King_Cobra1:
Just wanted to start a debate which might be short lived.

What would happen to the game if server like Alliance which are dwindling below 400 allowed each active player to play 2 countries (No more then 2 period). Tags could instantly double. Maybe add a caveat were no two countries may be tagged different tags to stop some blatant abuses but, Would change wars drastically again. Wars were always more fun with 50+ tags going at it. Would make it more challenging in some ways. People would only technically need 3 people on to get a kill run going with full turns....

I know this is not FFA and no not supporting FFA alliance. How much longer would two countries take to play versus one. Would be very interesting to see Alliance numbers back up to 800 or so. I Know it goes against the spirit of the 1 country per person but, really wonder how much difference 2 countries per person would be. I think it would possibly change the effects of netgaining cause could become like FFA with one country feeding another but, maybe add a rule that no person could inter ally (which stops FA) and adds another dimension to the game.

Just a crazy idea that hoping to hear some real feed back on. Just think of the dimensions would add to the dwindling game.....

Let the flaming begin....(P.s. Bored at work today)

KC has a mangina!

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 23:00:38

WTF Scott....

En4cer Game profile

Feb 18th 2016, 23:25:16

This is a bonus post... but from a quick skim the ewpp locks out 1/3rd of the set not 60%

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Feb 19th 2016, 1:54:05

I thought most of you already played Multis.
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

major Game profile

Feb 19th 2016, 2:11:16

I like the idea of speeding the game up a little. be it allowing two countries or even increasing the turn rate to 6 an hour.

I love the game, but I am open to any changes that would bring some extra life to it.

Schilling Game profile

Feb 19th 2016, 2:17:52

Marketing the game might show some actual results. That, and a few updates here and there...
Bottom line is, we can't stop a-holes from being a-holes even with an Early Wimps Protection Pact, or whatever. Tough gamers are even harder to come by these days.

I've said it before, I think the game has a solid game-play standard, but if it's going to continue it needs to build up into being graphical. That kind of game takes a team of devs, not just two guys doing it on the occasional Sunday. Not sure we could scrounge that up.

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 19th 2016, 16:23:25

Let's stop trying to fix this game. Let's accept it for what it is: nostalgic. I've been playing this game for almost 20 years. That right there, to me, is insane. There is literally nothing else in my life aside from my family that has been around for that long. It has been dying for a long, long time, and nothing will stop it. Let's just be happy that it's given us so much over the years, and do our best to enjoy what's left of it before it's all gone.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 19th 2016, 22:47:54

hawkeyee has it right this game has been dying for over a decade but dying very slowly and its not that change is needed, just its player base itself is dying off from old age. 1 or 2 more generations from now people won't even know what text based gaming means.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

UBer Bu Game profile

Feb 19th 2016, 23:16:24

If the actual text of this text-based game is to be believed, we can all experience it in real life in only 9 short years!
-take off every sig.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 19th 2016, 23:41:13

if you mean WWIII then its somewhat close.

archaic Game profile

Feb 20th 2016, 2:26:04

In 1997 if someone had shown me a smartphone, Xbox, streaming video, etc. and then told me id still be playing this stupid game - I would have laughed my ass off. Yet here we are. I think that says it all. It's lived a good long nostalgic life, let's let it die with dignity . . .

Marshal Game profile

Feb 20th 2016, 12:01:05

dignity was lost long ago.

archaic Game profile

Feb 20th 2016, 17:30:28

Originally posted by Marshal:
dignity was lost long ago.

Only yours Marshal, only yours.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 20th 2016, 21:03:31

and game's too.

Y-NoT Game profile

Feb 21st 2016, 6:28:19

I was thinking, can we have a game against bots? =) like for a set? say after day 10 or so... Humans VS AIs!

Marshal Game profile

Feb 21st 2016, 12:34:02

sure we could but it'd be very 1-sided war since atm bots can't attack.

happyweb Game profile

Feb 21st 2016, 13:59:22

Every major problem with this game comes down to player numbers, not countries. When you have any one group enforcing a playing style on other, you lose players. This has been happening for over 10 years. To the point now were sub 360 countries and we now have an ewpp to make sure everyone plays the same its bs..

But on the flip coin the only players left are okay with it.

With enough players not one single group can dictate hoe another clan plays. You have server wars, block wars, and those were fun times. Your side loses? There is enough players to form alliances, leverage through politics and plot revenge.

And the state of the game now we won't get new players.. Its a vicious cycle.

archaic Game profile

Feb 21st 2016, 15:25:40

Originally posted by Marshal:
sure we could but it'd be very 1-sided war since atm bots can't attack.

Oh, I bet there's a few folks around that could probably help pang come up with some bots that know how to attack. I seem to recall them being quite good at it.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 21st 2016, 17:01:34

qz not pang but anyways sure they could but doubt qz wants their help.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 21st 2016, 23:25:58

How about we just change it back to the old days.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Mack Game profile

Feb 21st 2016, 23:55:28

I have one, how about letting new players practice in free for all without getting discouraged and quit by being blown to smithereens in the first hour!!

Atryn Game profile

Feb 22nd 2016, 4:13:21

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
I've been playing this game for almost 20 years. That right there, to me, is insane. There is literally nothing else in my life aside from my family that has been around for that long.

Nonsense... The Simpsons has been running for 26 years. South Park will hit 20 years next year.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 22nd 2016, 12:58:40

and x-files just came back.

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 22nd 2016, 15:48:53

Originally posted by Atryn:
Originally posted by hawkeyee:
I've been playing this game for almost 20 years. That right there, to me, is insane. There is literally nothing else in my life aside from my family that has been around for that long.

Nonsense... The Simpsons has been running for 26 years. South Park will hit 20 years next year.

Heh, true. But I started watching the Simpsons well after I started playing this game, and I've never been into South Park.

I guess Star Trek TNG and The Toronto Maple Leafs predate this game in terms of things I've actually watched/done.
Minister
The Omega

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 22nd 2016, 18:35:01

Paying taxes has been around longer in your life!

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 23rd 2016, 0:03:54

Originally posted by Requiem:
Nope! I started playing this game when I was 10. I had neither an income from which to pay income tax nor disposable income with which to pay sales tax. :)
Minister
The Omega

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 23rd 2016, 0:04:02

Originally posted by Requiem:
Nope! I started playing this game when I was 10. I had neither an income from which to pay income tax nor disposable income with which to pay sales tax. :)
Minister
The Omega

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2016, 0:14:05

playing when you were 10? the age limit was 12! you dirty cheater.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford