Verified:

happyweb Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 4:08:02

Does anyone actually remember how they found this game?

I think for me I had a mate who played utopia and got me to join. It didn't click but I saw earth2025 and the rest was history... Others?

mrford Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 4:26:46

I was in 7th grade, and my friends and I were paying fantasy baseball on the same site that hosted earth. we eventually started playing as a spam tag that got killed all the time and from then the test is history.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Schilling Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 4:37:40

Some guys in my JROTC Battalion were playing it and convinced me to join in. We played in game B, and I got recruited into game A by Tonya from Mercenaries Inc. I doubt I would have kept playing if not for the the 1A community.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 25th 2016, 4:38:05

2 assholes that no longer play the game introduced me to it. I call them assholes, because they introduced it to me. The only good thing from this game is the friends I made and my husband that I met.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

breeze Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 5:15:04

Yes I remember a long time ago I ran a BBS system and I ran a game called BRE on my BBS system. Well the game BRE started dying off and I found Earth 2025 (which was compared to Earth2025). I believe that was at least 20 years ago in the 90's.

WArriOR Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 5:27:59

UTOPIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninja Kicked the Dam Rabbit

slip Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 8:58:51

AOL progz if anyone remember those. Someone found this game and we all joined the same server. I think it was called "1b" back then. Or maybe it was tourney. We started killing each other for fun. After a couple months I was the only one still playing. This was 2001ish.

Link Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 9:30:39

I was searching for "free multiplayer war games" on deja.com back in 97... This isn't what I was looking for... But somehow I never let go
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

mrcuban Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 9:32:46

same here through utopia. I played untagged for many sets kept getting farmed and wondering wtf was going on. I created my own tag thinking i would be left alone and still NOT. How can they see me I'm not even on the top 25 tag list hahaha. Eventually joined IRON for a set, and maybe ARROW for a set. Stopped playing for about 10 years, and then back. It's hard to put down once you pick it up...

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 11:02:06

I was searching for single petite Asian women and ended up here.
Go figure.

archaic Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 12:00:45

I had a couple of friends in the chemistry dept that were playing it while they TA'd a lab, they got me started while I TA'd a geology lab. I remember back before there were tags and playing in the randoms. Then I graduated and did not play a gain until like 03-04ish right at the end of UCN.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Marshal Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 13:55:08

lol@bladeewg

some1 mentioned about earth in other game's (ultracorps) chat (players were waiting server to initiate players orders etc) and here i am.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2016, 14:12:40

I found Earth:2025 on Solaria with an AltaVista search in early 1997. I was looking for a multiplayer strategy game that I could play on my new portable computer.
http://hackedgadgets.com/...top_portable_computer.jpg
👽

Vic Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 14:22:36

6th grade computer class '97. The guy who introduced me to it in class stopped playing shortly after and he always got an incredible kick out the fact that I kept playing and got so involved. Started in 1b then came to 1a not too long after

DotTC1 Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 15:04:17

Dax (my hubby) had a friend/co-worker who became a temporary roommate with us. He got me into playing. I also played Utopia at the time and started out in the clan Camelot until I went to CWG.

Trife Game profile

Feb 25th 2016, 17:20:40

Saw a classmate in i think 7th grade playing it... F you Brandon

mdevol Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 0:11:57

8th grade video production class. When we were supposed to be making power points the kid next to me was playing earth2025. He told me all about it but refused to teach the formulas. He wouldn't let me in his clan because I was too new. Anyways, he quit shortly after and I kept playing. 1999.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Kat Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 2:04:24

My big brother was playing utopia and got me into it, but i couldn't get attached. Started playing Earth and was hooked. Believe that was 1998/1999.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 2:08:57

Originally posted by Trife:
Saw a classmate in i think 7th grade playing it... F you Brandon
9th grade his name was also brandon f that mother f'er
Do as I say, not as I do.

Havoc Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 3:30:43

My brother played old FFA in Pandora and got me into in '99 when I was 9. Remember showing a bunch of people in my grade 4 class and we'd all play it at recess and fluff.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

PapaSmurf Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 4:20:40

I started in '98, in 11th grade I was in a web design class. I don't remember his actual name, but his nick was Risk. I started a country and he LG me into the ground. So, I created a spam tag call DragonHeart, and with the help of my new clan killed him, lol.

Thunder Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 4:52:34

1998 January. had been onsite for the fantasy sports site. saw the list of games decided to try it out.
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 6:13:13

A buddy of mine found this game while checking his email at a free Internet booth at a fair in 98. Showed me a little while after because we both loved strategy games. We created a boat load of multies on 1b and tried to learn how to build strong countries. Had no idea people took the game seriously yet.

I land grabbed this guy cadence, and he retalled me, so I killed him with my 4 countries. He restarted with the same name, so I killed him again. Lol he came back the next round with a huge group of guys that ran multies just to kill multies (the multie hunterz), and they obliterated me and my buddy's 4 countries each. He quit, and I decided to keep it going. I watched who else they attacked and messaged them to join me in defeating these guys.

So for the next 3 resets in primary we had about 15 guys on either side(The EEVIL Empire vs. The Multi Huntaz) running multies kicking the crap out of each other. We had so much fun fighting each other that we joined together and all became friends and took our crew over to 1a as a division known as The EEVIL Empire. We played in The League, we played as our own clan, then merged into IX. When earth shut down IXers clan hopped around as the EEVIL division until we found a new home in SoF. I mostly play 1b only these days now though. Good times.
The EEVIL Empire

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2016, 11:32:02

Unlike serp I used to only play 4a where you needed a swirve silver, gold or platinum account. If you had platinum level once per set you got a bonus 25 turns. It was called Limited.

The numbers dwindled down on limited and the server slowly died.
I still remember the last set on that server ever before it got shutoff.

Pretty sure that was in 09 I think I joined 4a in late 99 or early 00

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 11:44:40

i was working on frames program to chat when playing Rogue Market, and somebody wanted to try and use it for this stupid game, (I almost forgot) I can't remember if this game or the other was sandbox. that was way back before Kids. I loved my webtv.

Edited By: SakitSaPuwit on Feb 26th 2016, 11:51:49
See Original Post
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

archaic Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 14:10:22

Ugh, I remember frames, fluff that - it almost made me quit playing it was formatted so badly.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

WArriOR Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 15:17:51

The League!!! That was a great placE
Ninja Kicked the Dam Rabbit

happyweb Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 15:23:08

Sorry to say it but this game has been with many of us for over 10years plus. How did we let it come to this?

You say that its only the community that keeps the lights on, but I disagree and agree. I still find a new set a challenge. Trying new gov types, with different builds to see if its a chance at decent nw finish.

This will never attract any crazy number of players like fb mafia with millions of users. But with slight ux updates and online marketing there would be at least 10,000 players globally that would be actively engaged and contribute.

With many more players, any one clan becomes not such a powerhouse. So much more game dynamics are opened up.

And the fun could be brought back... It would be a shame to see this game keep dying and shut off...

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 16:28:33

Maybe we need Kate Upton or Arnold for a commercial. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

Marshal Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 17:09:43

why kate upton? we got Gallery, PG, Kat, Ruthie (for those who like OLD women) and ..........

Cable Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 17:37:03

Grade 10 chating with the ladies over ICMs and searching for something to do during the long silences..... Too be a nerd in the early 2000s.....

Raging Budda Game profile

Feb 26th 2016, 19:43:59

During 8th grade back in 1998 (even pre-swirve days), friend of mine told me about and showed me how it worked. It worked pretty good with the dial-up internet we had back then. Went through a couple of handles way back in the day, sometimes took a few months off at a time, but the rest is history.
Your base is mine!

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2016, 20:53:02

Found the game at school during lunch break. played it for a while in 1b and got recruited to CWG but kept playing 1b and when MD was still small i joined up with WaNgEr when he joined MD and got hooked, MD was awesome. Was completely useless but had a ton of fun. I got a group of friends to start playing and we played all over the place. One was in IX, one in Cult/Omega and another in LaF.
Don of LaF

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2016, 21:34:27

Originally posted by Marshal:
why kate upton? we got Gallery, PG, Kat, Ruthie (for those who like OLD women) and ..........

very true :)

+1 Marshal
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 26th 2016, 21:41:47

do we have a journalist in the house that would like to work on doing a write-up for the media ?

"This is Earth" ?

this game we found
what it meant to us
what have we done and what do we do now

Its not like we haven't had some pretty famous (some infamous) people passing through our chats, ... as well as Trife ;)

It might make decent reading :)
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Scorba Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 3:00:47

One of the guys I played BRE with told me about it a few months after we could get on the internet without paying long distance fees.

Detmer Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 3:14:13

Friends introduced me to Utopia. I had plenty of free time on my hands and tried the random games in Earth. Was recruited to 1a from there.

The Cloaked Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 5:10:35

John got me hooked in grade 10. We were playing Quake on a LAN but one day something blew out so we couldn't play it at the time. A buddy mentioned earth.

That was 98.

About 6 of us signed up. Over the week we pummeled a country. We then created a tag and spammed everyone we could. Got about 50 people into our tag. Of the original 6 only 3 of us were still playing after the first set. But we then joined another tag. So that was UED, that became part of the FoG guys, then merged into NM. Then we broke off and took on a life of our own, back to the original tag. That tag spent about 18 months independent then merged into Rage.

Then I disappeared for some years. I came back because I saw someone said -on fb?- that E2025 was ending so came in for a final set.

Been playing off and on ever since.

Kat Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 6:06:57

Who are you calling old? I am still in my 20s tyvm.

*slaps Marshie*

ChokeMOut Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 8:46:48

I used to hang out on a New York Rangers fansite and somebody suggested we all start playing.

We basically played like schmucks but did cause some damage in 1A. I added a second country under my dog's name. That country got recruited to UCN.

I played for a while and then stopped. A couple of years later, I started training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Then one day I thought it might be fun to play Earth again so I came back with my current name.
"There are no true knights. No more than there are gods."

Ruthie

Feb 27th 2016, 14:53:26

fluff you Marshal :P

I got my first PC in 1997 and a friend told me about Earth. Played untagged for a little while until Utopia started (dont remember when that was). One of the guys in my Kingdom suggested Earth and Ragnarok, so I joined Rag. DIStopia convinced me to give up Utopia and stay playing Earth. That was 18 years ago OMG
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Marshal Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 16:41:02

kat: where did i say that you are old?

ruthie: i was just telling truth.

Kat Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 16:53:17

You are used to celphi grade intelligence. I understand.

Ruthie

Feb 27th 2016, 18:52:10

ruthie: i was just telling truth.

uhhh ..... no

and you said "women" so who all are you calling OLD

fluff
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Feb 27th 2016, 19:25:49

Players called Coalie and Sancha (rl highschool friends) IM'd me on AIM the link and helped me play my first set. They were in ICN, so I joined ICN when back then it was hard to get into a clan lol. This was 2003.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Xninja Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 19:36:19

2002 in High School a buddy told me to play then he flaked and it was just me. Until I found out how alliances worked :-P
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

mrford Game profile

Feb 27th 2016, 21:26:29

Marshal ain't so good with the females.

Throw some chocolate at them and tuck and roll the fluff out before it is too late!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Fatty Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 0:25:44

DiZaster brought Chitty, Wh@tever, MarsMan and yours truly back in '01 from Medal of Honor Clan we all played in.

He was a cab driver in Canada.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

Kat Game profile

Feb 28th 2016, 4:33:01

Originally posted by mrford:
Marshal ain't so good with the females.

Throw some chocolate at them and tuck and roll the fluff out before it is too late!

+1

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 28th 2016, 5:33:22

Who the fluff is gallery?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.