Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 23:55:32

Omega sure is doing a lot better than I expected. I'm still sure EVO will eventually pass them to win ANW. I"m a little shocked at how poorly LCN seems to have done this set netting wise, so it looks like EVO may lock up TNW too but I'm still not positive about that one.

As for top 10s looks like a fairly even split of Omega/EVO most likely with perhaps 1 outsider from another random alliance.

locket Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 1:46:20

There arent any other netting alliances to take a top 10 so I doubt it. And omega is imo a top notch netting alliance so I dont know why this would surprise anyone.

SolidSnake Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 2:16:44

Just looking at a 9m gap, i doubt evo will close that, and yeah i dunno why you would be supprised, omega for anw are as good as any their size.

LCN should take tnw easily with the gap as it is

Detmer Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 3:15:08

No offense but Evo is delusional if they think they have a shot at TNW. Look at all those low NW demos LCN has.

For ANW it is certainly possible but I would not even say it is probable. I think Omega for ANW and LCN for TNW is most likely.

locket Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 3:19:06

I'll be cheering for omega either way :P but id agree evo is delusional

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 3:34:10

ya, I'd expect Omega and LCN to win ANW and TNW respectively and Evo to finish #2 in ANW and #3 in TNW, which is perfectly respectable. All 3 have done a good job netting -- Omega as a good follow up performance to last set's war, Evo during a rebuilding set and LCN during a merger set.

I think what is more interesting is that NA @ 52 members isn't going to place top-3 in TNW. They also don't look like they have any top countries either... what gives there? :|

Edited By: Pang on Oct 1st 2010, 3:36:21
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 3:38:20

Originally posted by Pang:
ya, I'd expect Omega and LCN to win ANW and TNW respectively and Evo to finish #2 in both categories

I think what is more interesting is that NA @ 52 members isn't going to place top-3 in TNW. They also don't look like they have any top countries either... what gives there? :|

Evo and Omega both have 32 members. You expect Omega to win ANW. You expect LCN to win TNW and Evo to come in #2 in TNW. Thus Omega's ANW *32 < Evo's ANW *32 which would mean Evo's ANW > Omega's ANW which is contrary to your first expectation.

++ whatever

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 3:39:50

yes, I initially thought Omega was @ like 28 members....

you'll notice my post is was updated before you posted ;)

Edited By: Pang on Oct 1st 2010, 3:42:42
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

diez Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 3:59:24

Omega ANW, LCN TNW, diez FTW

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 4:00:01

maybe NA went the Rage method of Netgaining this set.

Producing missiles for Networth and doubling your membership size with returning members in the 2nd half of the set:p

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 12:28:04

Someone expects Evo to close a ~$10m ANW gap? With less than 3 days left in the set?

I've got a miracle to sell. Paypal only, plz.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 14:44:55

EVO has been cruising in Average land rankings all set so I'm surprised Omega built up such a lead on us, even tho they have obviously done much of their jumping already, and many EVO countries are jumping out the rest of set... I will admit tho, that I have perhaps not recognized what a strong netting alliance Omega is (perhaps b/c they don't have as many t10 type players? but maybe even that is not fair)

As for LCN winning TNW well I would assume that would happen but as it gets closer and closer to end of set and LCN is still in 3rd I"m less and less sure it will.

Finally I agree NA having another terrible netting set may be the "story" of the set among the clans that netted. Also Monsters had another poor set honestly given their size... Hopefully both clans can turn it around a little bit in the near future, I know there are very good players in each.

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 19:34:08

Omegans, on the whole, are laid back and don't take things like top 10 finishes as seriously as Evo or LaF. When they do, on the other hand...

mrford Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 20:18:22

ya, I'd expect Omega and LCN to win ANW and TNW respectively and Evo to finish #2 in ANW and #3 in TNW, which is perfectly respectable. All 3 have done a good job netting -- Omega as a good follow up performance to last set's war, Evo during a rebuilding set and LCN during a merger set.

if you nust know...

NA was netting, and then we went into full warprep mode. we destocked and bought up to fairly high MMRs. our FS was called off 10 hours before it was supposed to go down. manys netting set ruined. we went back to netting
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 20:29:01

Originally posted by mrford:

if you nust know...

NA was netting, and then we went into full warprep mode. we destocked and bought up to fairly high MMRs. our FS was called off 10 hours before it was supposed to go down. manys netting set ruined. we went back to netting

Now what can we infer from that? :p

should have made it for 12 hrs earlier :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 21:07:46

Ford, who were you hitting? :P

mrford Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 21:15:02

PDM

well played by imag, they said they would be hitting PDM, so we backed off

then they hit WITH PDM

thought it was a well played political move myself
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

locket Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 21:29:21

lol imag told many lies this set :P you shoulda gone back in right after they hit lol why didnt you?

mrford Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 21:31:50

Soviet is a really loud crybaby

couldn't take anymore of it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Thomas Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 21:40:32

LOL yeah but it didn't really save iMag :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 21:44:06

Originally posted by Thomas:
LOL yeah but it didn't really save iMag :P

but it made the war even, so it was certainly worthwhile....
not everything requires spin :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Detmer Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 23:24:02

PDM

then they hit WITH PDM

You were going to war PDM over what you considered to be 4 RoRs? That is pretty pathetic. Glad you screwed yourselves over. This server definitely needs more people who do everything in their power to stifle landgrabbing.

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 23:47:30

not everything requires spin :p

Don't tell dagga that!

Edited By: Shinigami on Oct 2nd 2010, 0:36:36
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 0:24:26

Knowing how PDM does diplo sometimes perhaps it would have been deserved ;) And a RoR isnt really landgrabbing by the rules currently in place... I see a difference anyways

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2010, 1:11:35

Originally posted by Detmer:
PDM

then they hit WITH PDM

You were going to war PDM over what you considered to be 4 RoRs? That is pretty pathetic. Glad you screwed yourselves over. This server definitely needs more people who do everything in their power to stifle landgrabbing.

Maybe PDM should just stop RoRing?

mrford Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 2:30:04

It was more your users words and reactions in pms and on the boards than the rors themselves. Also, this wasn't the first time we had problems with pdm and grabbing; we have even gone to war in the past over it. Pdm and na used to be fdp butbuddies. that all ended about a year ago when you dropped our fdp for no apparent reason. We have had nothin but problems and fluffing out of you since then.

ur looking at a extreme narrow set of events, we are looking at the big picture, and at that point in time we decided pdm needed to die. But we didn't want to get drawn into the server war, na never does, so we backed down
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 2:35:52

PDM

then they hit WITH PDM

also, to the extreme iorny in your post. The incedent you are refering to, pdm grabbed na, na retaled, and you retaled the retals because they were outside your "window"

seems like you were the ones landgrabbing, not much "stifling" going on in pdm. Don't try to take the high ground, the fall off hurts pretty bad.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 2nd 2010, 3:04:15

Monsters had a poor reset for Two reasons

1. they are lazy
2. dont care
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 2nd 2010, 3:08:26

and it wasn't a poor reset for monsters really

they always average 60- 64 mil
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Yamaha Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 3:14:09

It was more your users words and reactions in pms and on the boards than the rors themselves.

This is actually quite interesting since the two countries involved, myself and whichever member of yours (Too long ago for my short term memory loss to recall) weren't really getting upset over it.

In fact, if everyone in PDM and NA would have been doing the same thing us two were doing we would all have some nicely landfat countries. You call it RoR'ing, Some call it landtrading, I call it actually having fun in this game despite the asinine politics :P

Anyway, flame on...
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 3:22:13

Being asinine is the fun part!

I can vouch that most upper leadership in NA was tired of a long buildup with PDM and think they just need to quit effing with us.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Oct 2nd 2010, 3:23:15

And Detox was definitely NOT cool with it, he was pissed, and kept insisting he was going to take every retal he should have right up until the DNH.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Yamaha Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 3:31:22

Well, he wasn't publicly pissed then :P

As far as the retals go, we obviously both felt we were owed what was due by our respective policies. And neither of us, in our messages to each other, made any sort of threats. I call that respectful RoR'ing (on both sides) :)

Either way, I had fun even though the grim reaper was hovering over my head for a while there..
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

Detmer Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 3:57:46

PDM

then they hit WITH PDM

also, to the extreme iorny in your post. The incedent you are refering to, pdm grabbed na, na retaled, and you retaled the retals because they were outside your "window"

seems like you were the ones landgrabbing, not much "stifling" going on in pdm. Don't try to take the high ground, the fall off hurts pretty bad.

That was sarcasm. There needs to be less stifling. We will never try to make the game boring like you are clearly insistent on.

What attitude do you want me to take? That you are somehow better than us? All you wanted was deference and there was no way in hell PDM would ever bow to you or anyone. You don't scare us. Come and get us next round if you have some cumulative beef with us that you can't get over. Sorry you are the jilted ex-lover. Prove how tough you are by attacking someone half your size when you are equally at fault. I know you somehow think that being attacked gives your policies pre-eminence but that is totally ludicrous. Unless you reject the notion that any attack should ever be made then this is a retal policy dispute and both sides are equally at fault.

mrford Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 4:01:45

PDM

then they hit WITH PDM

That was sarcasm. There needs to be less stifling. We will never try to make the game boring like you are clearly insistent on.

What attitude do you want me to take? That you are somehow better than us? All you wanted was deference and there was no way in hell PDM would ever bow to you or anyone. You don't scare us. Come and get us next round if you have some cumulative beef with us that you can't get over. Sorry you are the jilted ex-lover. Prove how tough you are by attacking someone half your size when you are equally at fault. I know you somehow think that being attacked gives your policies pre-eminence but that is totally ludicrous. Unless you reject the notion that any attack should ever be made then this is a retal policy dispute and both sides are equally at fault.

funny, is that why TAN signed a emergency uNAP with bug just before you and imag fsed?

For someone who doesn't bow down, you sure are on your knees quite a bit.

It's pretty easy to be a harass on this board where the audience does not have all the details, but you knew what happened.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 4:05:33

Also, policies are for pacts, we had no pact, so the rors went out of control. When that is the case, it comes down to who can enforce their policy. We were prepping to hit you to enforce our policy. No where have I ever said that hitting PDM was so NA could look all badass and get a war win.

I'm really sorry that you are so simple minded that you have to reduce every siuation to a fluff measuring contest, bub that was not what it was about. Server image had nothing to do with our plans.

Edited By: mrford on Oct 2nd 2010, 4:08:35
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Oct 2nd 2010, 4:09:49

+1 for not planning around server perception.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

mrford Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 4:19:02

Sorry for all the info, bu I hate fluff talkin ppl that have no fact basis

I just looked through our boards. Apparently you, Demeter, being a fluff, was the reason we about went to war. Some of your coments were way out of line. Solid leadership IMO

so, tan went to bug, offered us 6k acres in reps, a set long 2:1 unap with our 72 hour retal window

Holy fluff pdm really doesn't back down to anyone!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Yamaha Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 4:53:36

That unap wasn't because we were scared of warring NA, it was because we decided we'd rather war Collab.

So yes, I personally took a 6k acre hit on my country (well in the form of a few hits to be precise) so you guys would back off your KR. However, I came out some 8-10k acres ahead of where I started so it all worked out for me!

Hell, if these blame games keep up maybe we'll get lucky and you guys will FS us straight up next set! More War! Hurraayy!
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

mrford Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 5:00:49

U commin out ahead and what not was not the point

the point is PDM apparently bows down to no one, and yet they signed q pact with us under our terms, to avoid being hit by us

that sounds like backing down to me.

I don't really have a problem with pdm, I gotsome good friends that play there. I also raerly LG and could care less about retal windows and what not.

What I do care about are fluff talking presidents that make up great mottos, brag about them everywhere, and then try to stick to them when it's plainly evident that they are just full of fluff.

In regards to you, it wasn't your rors that sent us to the brink of war, it's the way your leader pubically handled it that did.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Detmer Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 13:37:07

We FSed Collab. Changing our focus is not backing down. Did you expect us to war both of you at once? Helping our allies or getting involved with people who wanted to war before things got out of control. Hrm... why sounds more meaningful? Of course you have even said that you didn't war over the hits so much as because I treated you as equals and not superiors.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me... unless I am a whiny baby like the decision makers in NA... what happened to llaar? He actually managed things intelligently. I bet if I was talking to llaar we could have worked things out if things got out of control rather than you demanding your way or the highway. If you wanted things to stop (which wasn't a priority for me as the members of PDM want mad grabbing) then maybe you should have proposed a compromise rather than demanding your way or the highway...

diez Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 18:05:47

back to the topic.. evo is 600k anw behind omega and 17m tnw behind omega.. if one of evo/omega beats LCN on TNW and gets a double crown this set, that'd be awesome :D

Detmer Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 18:12:13

yeah, this move by Evo and lack thereof by LCN is quite impressive...

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 18:41:47

I'm sure LCN still has a couple that have yet to jump...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

diez Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 18:44:45

evo is 400k anw above omega now.. this is getting fun

locket Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 18:50:08

Did omega have nothing in the tank or something?

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 18:51:40

I'm sure Omega still has at least 1 that's yet to jump. Come tomorrow, I think it'll all depend on the resellers and how much they can resell.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2010, 19:16:58

We've been doing good but I didn't expect us to beat Evo in ANW mearly because they had higher average acres. Most of the time its safe to say more land = higher jumps :)

Who ever wins ANW it is well deserved and good job to them!

M m i x X Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 19:36:45

Yeah... good job who ever wins ANW! :)
-=(M m i x X)=-

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 20:56:11

We have a guy that we have been trying to get ahold of, see if he needs help jumping. Turned out he got pissed off and quit... but he did it because of stuff in Primary and told everyone here on the EE forums but not us.

So yeah, don't be expecting any jumping from him unless someone manages to talk him into doing something.