Verified:

victor victoria

May 14th 2016, 0:52:48

if in 1802 you set sail for a three month round trip and thirteen weeks in france and england happen to be, by gosh stop the presses, but at war again, how did ships know whether or not to fight one another while on the high seas?

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 0:55:10

Carrier pigeon and ESP .
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

mrford Game profile

May 14th 2016, 0:56:04

If they shoot at you, you shoot back.

There were stories of Japanese garrisons holding out on Pacific Islands for years after the wars end.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

victor victoria

May 14th 2016, 1:04:21

(nobody caught my horrid awful math???)

you could take a video reel of nagasaki no longer existing and they would've accepted it. i'm not talking after a telephone worked. i could email somebody and say peace, eh, peace emodicon.. you always treat people like fluff, so great job on answering not my fluffing question, marsord.

but if france in versailles and england in london they take, what, a month for messages to be sent and received? i say, hey ford, peace? i send it by horseback.. to the coast.. carry it across the channel on emissary diplomacy white flag whatever, however it was they shot down cargo or ships of war but still sent diplomatic messages back and forth.. and then it lands and by horseback again is sent to you.. and you say yes, fine, peace it is.. and it takes all that time back to get to me horseback, sea, horseback again to london, i say yes wonderful peace it is..

now it takes three months to get messages to the Caribbean or the new world and.. so the hundred years war lasted eighteen years and seventy two telling people by word of mouth to stop?

Guthix Game profile

May 14th 2016, 1:42:31

gob·ble·dy·gook

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 2:00:12

mrford Game profile

May 14th 2016, 2:32:36

I dont think think you comprehend the remoteness of some of these pacific garrisons. Many of whom were passed over and cut off years before the war actually did end.

Telephone lines need to be laid. They wernt in 1945.

Not to mention, the first part of my post that you apparently ignorance owed answered all the drunk questions you just asked.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

victor victoria

May 14th 2016, 5:07:36

so america won their independence because it was quicker to ride on horseback from long island to philadelphia than it was to sail from new york to london?

and here you'd have us all think it was like, i don't know, providence.. hah, if you try to say it i think the federal government by law has to hold congressional hearings and charge you with whatever the you're not allowed to suggest god exists law is.

now if you'll excuse me, i need to, with a penis, take a leak in a womans washroom because i happen to self identify as a black lesbian mooslim woman, so you can hate me but loretta'll lynch'ya, so back off.

arthog Game profile

May 14th 2016, 5:29:33

drinking is the answer

Heston Game profile

May 14th 2016, 6:19:29

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2016, 12:08:14

Originally posted by mrford:
There were stories of Japanese garrisons holding out on Pacific Islands for years after the wars end.

Decades, ford

http://www.cbc.ca/...-surrender-dies-1.2500510
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Heston Game profile

May 15th 2016, 3:17:31

Garry Owen Game profile

May 16th 2016, 5:25:06

The answer to your wooden ships and iron men question is that the ship captains went with the last word they heard. And they talked to everyone and spread the news as fast as they could. But the reality is that sometimes ships of nations at war would not know and join in happy peaceful pursuits together. Sometimes one side knew and the other side found out when the cannonballs started flying. Privateers in particular loved the beginning of war when they could find nice clueless merchant ships to capture easily.

Look up the Battle Of New Orleans (hey - it got Andy Jackson elected president so you should have no trouble) and see an example of exactly what you are talking about.

On the Japanese holdouts in the pacific it was not just that they did not know the war was over, but that they could not accept that Japan could lose. And of course the only 'honorable' thing that duty required of them was to continue fighting (or at least never surrender) or commit suicide. To surrender would bring shame on their whole family. The last hold outs did not have to be convinced that the war was over - they had to be convinced that by surrendering they would not cause their families to be shunned and bring dishonor to their ancestors.