Verified:

Dkoon Game profile

Nov 2nd 2017, 2:15:10

What am I looking for to ID bots? Haven't played this game in a long time - didn't realize there were bots until I started reading about them on the forums...

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 2nd 2017, 2:37:31

THey dont have GDI, they don't attack, every word in their name starts with a capital letter (except some that have 'von', "beneath the", "from", "of" or similar in their names)

If you spy them they will all have 65 bpt (unless attacks took out some CS) and the ffarmers cashers and techers will all have 65-130 ICs(unless early or grabs took them just below 65).

they are often more unbuilt than a regular player.

Easiest is to spot them by their names.

VicVixvi Game profile

Nov 2nd 2017, 2:45:40

Check the news or eestats to see who is doing a lot of grabbing & see who they are grabbing 2-3 hits at a time. See which of those have 3 word names as Gerdler said.

Dkoon Game profile

Nov 2nd 2017, 2:52:24

Thanks fellas.

Hellrush Game profile

Nov 3rd 2017, 18:42:32

Not all bots are 3 word names.

another good pointer to look at is if they have turns to run or not. Bots run all there turns to 0 unless the bots go down for a long time then they may have stored turns. this is very rare.

Vic never follow what other people are doing i already seen farming on non bots this round by more then 1 person. Always spy and always make your own call. if your not smart about it. the next time you log in you maybe dead or a parking lot.

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 3rd 2017, 18:58:53

Badonkadonks is one vatzooland is another and also temple, those are just 3 to mention.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

VicVixvi Game profile

Nov 4th 2017, 0:39:36

Originally posted by Hellrush:
Not all bots are 3 word names.

another good pointer to look at is if they have turns to run or not. Bots run all there turns to 0 unless the bots go down for a long time then they may have stored turns. this is very rare.

Vic never follow what other people are doing i already seen farming on non bots this round by more then 1 person. Always spy and always make your own call. if your not smart about it. the next time you log in you maybe dead or a parking lot.

HR, I don't follow others anymore, but it was an easy way to learn what the bots looked like when I first came back a few months ago. I followed the good players and saw who they were hitting. Didn't take long to figure out what's a bot and what's not. Of course, some people are never going to figure it out, hence all the farming of the non-bots lately. :)

Your 'always spy' is spot on. One of the most important parts of successful landgrabs imo.

-v

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 4th 2017, 2:05:32

I sometimes spy I confess, but thats for like 30% of my grabs on express when netting normally. And I rarely hit a non-bot unless its my purpose.

Kingme Game profile

Nov 4th 2017, 2:36:14

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I sometimes spy I confess, but thats for like 30% of my grabs on express when netting normally. And I rarely hit a non-bot unless its my purpose.

Now i'm curious, do you just use the old NW trick?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 4th 2017, 2:47:05

No, not really. Oversends are too big with that. I may for really low NW/land.

I hit the 0 def bots quite a lot and then I transition to sending jets to max ghost acres which usually breaks until a bit later. Lateame I usually either spy or oversend on first hit and adjust with losses.

I do fail though:
http://earthempires.com/...p;page=0&highlight=48

Maybe that averages out to 2 fails per netting reset(I honestly think its less than that when I try-hard). but for that I get higher tpt(fewer ICs=more labs) and more turns to tech with. :)

Edited By: Gerdler on Nov 4th 2017, 2:52:50

RLenga MD Game profile

Nov 5th 2017, 0:29:49

Edited By: RLenga MD on Nov 5th 2017, 0:33:24

HellraZor Game profile

Nov 5th 2017, 13:16:34

Originally posted by Kingme:
Originally posted by Gerdler:

Now i'm curious, do you just use the old NW trick?

What is the NW trick?

Marshal Game profile

Nov 5th 2017, 16:46:35

calc breaks based on nw?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2017, 16:58:54

Marshal the philosopher, answering a question with another question.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 5th 2017, 18:37:54

I just use the force. Old Jedi trick.
Just shut up and have another beer

clintonista Game profile

Nov 5th 2017, 22:11:21

Let us see, for the last year many bots have run through the first thousand turns with only 100 troops as defense.

Does one really need extra sensory powers or forces to conclude that maybe just maybe these bots may have no d?

Besides if you do undersend, your generals refuse to go into battle anyway.

sinistril Game profile

Nov 5th 2017, 22:35:33

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
I just use the force. Old Jedi trick.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

Sep 4th 2020, 23:31:07

Originally posted by drkprinc:
Badonkadonks is one vatzooland is another and also temple, those are just 3 to mention.

Lol, shuddup!

Netsquash Game profile

Sep 5th 2020, 10:07:57

Best almost 3 year later reply ever

Nov 3rd 2017, 18:58:53

Sep 4th 2020, 23:31:07

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 5th 2020, 11:35:10

Yeah don't top old threads. It is in the rules.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.