Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 6th 2017, 0:10:23

...this set is Eberts C/I NW record. Congrats man, thats truly epic.

If Elliot and I had taken the land race seriously in any way I would have considered it my crowning achievement to beat him, for he is the land record god of old. Elliot was the first to 200k acres on his own in e2025(perhaps alltogether the records are not all that easy to access, a lot of heresay). But alas we didnt try even the slightest. I ended up cashing 150 turns once i reached 67kish acres hahah.

Anyway congrats all I guess, clint will try again I guess, and if oil market doesnt dry out 80k is very much doable and 70k is easy AF. Either way its not an achievement, as we have just demonstrated.

ebert00 Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 0:18:14

thanks gerdler. it was a good round for indy. we will see what i will play going forward.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 0:20:15

congrats on your copy cat results, good job.

In a monkey see, monkey do environment, you made a slight improvement.
Of course you ended up cashing once you could not take any more land, what else? Last week I cashed 212 turns.

You ran a no gdi dictatorship just like mine, good creativity there.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 6th 2017, 0:32:50

Now you come at me with a GDI Demo so you can copy my last land record.

Last time I did that you griefed me because you were sore from losing land record to a demo. which is why I went without GDI this set to give you less time to react. I could have done it in GDI easily too ofc.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 0:49:37

I have opened the gateway to a new era and you want to revert to the past? No way.

I can see why you are terrified I will refine my strat and reclaim my record. so you challenge me to run something else.

geez

(Aside to specs) Thinks he is playing with children.

ebert00 Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 0:54:28

Clintonista you suck at this game. stop trying to pretwnd you are good because you played bang a bot for lots of land. when i had to kill someone a few rounds ago i almost set the land record. now crawl under the rock from which u came. you are clearly jealous that your oh so amazing record was broken in 1 round lol.

clintonista Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 1:06:10

With bots making up a third of all countries, all results are bot enhanced whether it is my land record, or tech results or indy NW results. So when one person's results are bot enhanced it is childish to diss another's result because it was bot dependent. None of us could get our results against solely human players so your pettiy charge is beyond foolish.

You are upset that the focus has shifted from NW to land where you have done nothing. I understand your frustration and your wish that people would only pay attention to NW.

mrford Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 1:40:12

Classic gregg
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ebert00 Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 1:40:35

i can beat you in anything in this game.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2017, 1:46:41

Clint, if most land took #1 I am sure a lot of would play differently. it is not. I guess I could get the most oil or med tech next set and claim I win lol.
Just shut up and have another beer

ebert00 Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 1:55:58

lmao beerdrinker, now you are just giving him ideas. he will go for most turns lost and claim a record.

Kingme Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 2:01:21

Originally posted by ebert00:
i can beat you in anything in this game.

I dare say any decent player can. He threw several "challenges" at me in the past that I easily beat as well.
Always an excuse with this one.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2017, 2:06:07

Originally posted by ebert00:
lmao beerdrinker, now you are just giving him ideas. he will go for most turns lost and claim a record.

I hold the turns lost record... he better not
Just shut up and have another beer

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 6th 2017, 2:30:25

Are we not playing the same game? There are bots to hit and sell to/buy from for your country too right?

So everyone plays the same game and some do better than others. We compete at exactly the same conditions.

Is winning a marathon not impressive if the temperature happens to be a near optimal 8 degrees centigrade that day, and it was not raining and not windy? It was the same for the other runners.

Impact of Environmental Parameters on Marathon Running Performance:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3359364/

You can only finish first if you are the only runner, which is why you go for a record that no one else cares about in general. It is also why you are only the Cornelius Horan of EE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygLD2obyNJw

clintonista Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 4:05:26

Beer drinker's comment flashed me back to a conversation from seven years ago.

Just like when kingme dragged up the farmer's thread from seven years ago and we all saw that the conversations they had seven years ago are the same ones we have today. Of ourse, you can not drag these threads forward in time because then their context gets lost and warster rightly immediately closes the revived thread. Anyone looking for that thread from seven years ago is now very unlikely to find it because it is out of its original time.

The conversation I flashed back to was qz and pang's plea that someone in the community develop a formula to determine the winner that was not based solely on net worth. The admins were very concerned that this great game would devolve into a NW only game and miss out on so much of its potential. Unfortunately that is where we are today with probably 70% of players and 95% of forum posters thinking that net worth is the best way to determine the best player of a reset.

Anyone who wants to can check on this community plea and the express threads that it engendered back in 2010 when the site was brand new and full of promise. You look at some of the ideas from spear and dantzig and others and can not help but wish they had been adopted. But this idea went on the back burner when the hoLaEcaust exploded on the scene and disappeared forever after the Tucson shooter fiasco.

mrford Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 13:31:03

Jesus Christ your reality is weird as fugg.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ebert00 Game profile

Nov 6th 2017, 13:49:27

he plays with his own goals. he thinks it is helpful to spy people for money near end of set.
I would love to see some changes, dont get me wrong. like why is express excluded from kill stats? even if it was separated to not count towards the rest, it should still be shown.