Verified:

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 28th 2018, 2:36:53

Just throwing this out there for a bit of stupidity and fun. Farm war challenge.

Participants netgain/run a country as normal. At the nominated time it is open season on each other for all involved - no hitting outside the participant list (unless it is to retal) SS and PS only.

2 winners
- Most land at the end of the reset
- Highest NW

Thinking Open Season time woukd start around Midday Saturday gametime which gives plenty of time to grow and stock fpr farming fun.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 28th 2018, 3:09:35

Dictator casher FTW!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Oct 28th 2018, 10:31:55

you mean tyr casher
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 28th 2018, 11:38:39

Edit... I misread the post.

Where's my land trading sheet.

Edited By: beerdrinker75 on Oct 28th 2018, 11:41:42. Reason: Drunk fingers
See Original Post
Just shut up and have another beer

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Oct 28th 2018, 15:41:52

Would have to be actual farm war...

I know you don't mean it that way beer but to make perfectly clear, it would not be land trading. It would be destructive farming. WAR.

Oct 28th 2018, 15:42:57

Perhaps should have gal or prime consult?

ebert00 Game profile

Oct 28th 2018, 19:57:31

no

Oct 28th 2018, 20:33:23

Ebert hath spoken. It is settled.

I'm in.

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 28th 2018, 21:01:55

Feel free not to participate ebert. You won't be missed.

Just gauging interest - might be a fun one for the topfeeding idiots to participate in. It could mean a quieter reset for those that want to net.

Oct 28th 2018, 21:45:22

Ebert was triggered by the word farm and didn't read the rest... Like where it says participants only.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 28th 2018, 21:56:08

I might play, depends on my work week schedule :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

ebert00 Game profile

Oct 29th 2018, 11:32:38

I actually just needed the forum bonus post. I have not really played Express in a few weeks. the interest has faded.

Naviii Game profile

Oct 29th 2018, 13:01:08

Originally posted by ebert00:
I actually just needed the forum bonus post. I have not really played Express in a few weeks. the interest has faded.

Every week I tell myself that I will take a break from this game. And every week at the end of the reset, I create another country. And every week I still login to play. I sure am sick.

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 29th 2018, 13:10:33

Originally posted by trumpoz:
Just throwing this out there for a bit of stupidity and fun. Farm war challenge.

Participants netgain/run a country as normal. At the nominated time it is open season on each other for all involved - no hitting outside the participant list (unless it is to retal) SS and PS only.

2 winners
- Most land at the end of the reset
- Highest NW

Thinking Open Season time woukd start around Midday Saturday gametime which gives plenty of time to grow and stock fpr farming fun.

You mean, like a normal Express reset?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 29th 2018, 17:50:51

You want me to do what? lol

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 29th 2018, 20:27:54

if players who participate on this challenge will be seen as landtraders (against soloservers rules) or not.

damn blondes.

Oct 29th 2018, 21:00:48

Yeah wondering if this kinda challenge would be considered land trading.

Really want to emphasize the war part, as my interpretation is we are attempting to harm the others as much as benefit ourselves.

Don't wanna sign up for a deletion, ya know?

ebert00 Game profile

Oct 29th 2018, 21:57:23

here is an idea. go to team server and make a team. then challenge villians. see how that goes for u

Marshal Game profile

Oct 29th 2018, 22:02:16

as well as how zoom went.

Oct 29th 2018, 22:47:40

here is an idea. go to team server and make a team. then challenge villians. see how that goes for u

Why would I give a fk about that server?

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 29th 2018, 23:32:53

Originally posted by DirtySquirrel83:

Why would I give a fk about that server?

Alpha is more interesting :)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 30th 2018, 1:01:23

not sure I will have time to play. could be interesting if I did.

I am sure no one really feels the need to "cheat"(against the challenge rules) in these kind of things and you wont be able to stop against that if they do, but heres a few suggestions to remove all sorts of friendship/enemy psycology and :

1. All names are completely randomized or even picked by an independent observer.
2. no one may tell until after which country is which players, but of course all participants must know from the start which countries are participating in the duel. I know its very easy to break this rule and no way to check for it but that just removes the level playing field completely

3. you gotta make rules about which attack types are allowed and what the win condition is "acres at end" is a viable one, also NW I guess but that one is less fun and you could just stock up and get UB with a techer in GDI in that case and ignore the others in the duel and win. You say "destructive farming" but what exactly makes it destructive if missiles and special attacks are not flung as well? Also if special attacks are allowed its very random, someone can win the entire challenge byjust getting GSed a bunch at the right time...
Maybe suggest spy ops and missiles but not special attacks are allowed?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 30th 2018, 1:48:14

This one could end up being a slippery slope

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 30th 2018, 2:09:25

Originally posted by Primeval:
This one could end up being a slippery slope

As in open for abuse by players down the track?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 30th 2018, 2:17:54

Yes. Mostly those potentially trying to join the challenge to land trade until fatter than non-participants. It would only take 2 idiots to mess it up.

Oct 30th 2018, 2:42:15

Yes. Mostly those potentially trying to join the challenge to land trade until fatter than non-participants. It would only take 2 idiots to mess it up.

Exactly why I wanted consult :D

Would you only delete those exploiting? Or would everyone be hit on principle?

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 30th 2018, 2:44:02

I didn't say it was worthy of deletion. It's just a slippery slope. There might be better options

Oct 30th 2018, 2:55:16

Originally posted by Gerdler:
not sure I will have time to play. could be interesting if I did.

I am sure no one really feels the need to "cheat"(against the challenge rules) in these kind of things and you wont be able to stop against that if they do, but heres a few suggestions to remove all sorts of friendship/enemy psycology and :

1. All names are completely randomized or even picked by an independent observer.
2. no one may tell until after which country is which players, but of course all participants must know from the start which countries are participating in the duel. I know its very easy to break this rule and no way to check for it but that just removes the level playing field completely

3. you gotta make rules about which attack types are allowed and what the win condition is "acres at end" is a viable one, also NW I guess but that one is less fun and you could just stock up and get UB with a techer in GDI in that case and ignore the others in the duel and win. You say "destructive farming" but what exactly makes it destructive if missiles and special attacks are not flung as well? Also if special attacks are allowed its very random, someone can win the entire challenge byjust getting GSed a bunch at the right time...
Maybe suggest spy ops and missiles but not special attacks are allowed?

1) I like it but that's already out for this reset
2) Absolutely agree. 1 and 2 require impartial nonparticipant, tho. Would gal be down? Fml, maybe marshal?
3)i was thinking no special attacks, but Missiles are a good addition. Would suggest absolutely no gs br ab.

Destructive farming is not a grab or a double tap. It's malevolent. It's me establishing the ability to PS you 3x+ and them continue hitting you to deplete your military and production base while boosting my own.

In a way it's partially a net gaining challenge, because you have to establish position and simultaneously build longevity. It's not obvious, but it takes immense resources to replenish jets and oil, let alone defend yourself.

Oct 30th 2018, 2:55:37

I didn't say it was worthy of deletion. It's just a slippery slope. There might be better options

Better options?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 30th 2018, 3:24:12

Originally posted by Marshal:
if players who participate on this challenge will be seen as landtraders (against soloservers rules) or not.

damn blondes.

First off, check your own hair color. My question was sarcasm (as in most know I don't have time)...not stupidity.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 30th 2018, 3:26:33

Fair enough

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 30th 2018, 4:03:15

After re reading, re reading again, and reading again a third time. I have to agree with Prime. It is a slippery slope. Someone would abuse it and ruin it for all. I would hate to see that happen.

trumpoz Game profile

Oct 30th 2018, 6:14:32

Originally posted by galleri:
After re reading, re reading again, and reading again a third time. I have to agree with Prime. It is a slippery slope. Someone would abuse it and ruin it for all. I would hate to see that happen.

*cries*

Fair enough - oh well, looks like that one is off the table for the moment.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 30th 2018, 18:21:07

Yup, better safe than purple!
(•_•)

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 30th 2018, 19:36:15

I like the idea of the different challenges and I support the players taking an active role in the game and how the server culture is managed. At that end, I do not want to discourage players from doing that out of fear.

But I can see that particular challenge being abused (or at least open to exploitation), causing the non-participants not to have a shot at the top ranks due to much lower land, primarily due to the ghost acres that are going to be created from such a challenge.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 31st 2018, 0:13:56

^^Similar abuse was actually attempted not too long ago.

Hmm, I'm thinking as long as missiles are allowed they will fly to the top dog mostly and cirvumvent that problem?

Riddler Game profile

Oct 31st 2018, 0:22:33

Originally posted by DirtySquirrel83:
Yeah wondering if this kinda challenge would be considered land trading.

Really want to emphasize the war part, as my interpretation is we are attempting to harm the others as much as benefit ourselves.

Don't wanna sign up for a deletion, ya know?

wouldn't we all be deep in DR?

Oct 31st 2018, 1:02:04

Attacks would help unwind

vatzooland

Oct 31st 2018, 3:27:21

no