Verified:

Twain Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 19:41:24

Just an idea....

In the "Who will be first to war" thread, Havoc made a joke about it being TKO and PAN, two clans obviously more interested in netgaining than in warring.

At the same time, wars often can derail clans that are netting from having good sets, but at the same time, people generally respect that wars should be just fought among the people at war, and generally very few people (at least that check FFAT) landgrab or otherwise bother two clans that are at war.

What if, with this idea in mind, two clans decided to have a netgaining war. They would only do attacks or spy ops that would be helpful for ultimately getting a better networth, so SS or PS would be the only attacks, with some spy ops maybe being used like demoralize to help break large targets. Oh, and of course, missiles might be part of this (especially cruise missiles, since it would lower the other side's networth AND their military break).

The two clans would vow that they would not land-grab anyone other than the other clan (I guess self-farming could be part of it, too) but otherwise, normal retal rules are out the door, since the two clans are at war.

So if (using PAN and TKO as the hypotheticals here, since those were the two that were brought up in the joke to begin with), PAN had a really fat country and TKO wanted to landgrab it, there's no reason why TKO couldn't just go to town and hit it 3, 4, 5, 10 times--whatever number seems like it's still beneficial.

Of course, the only limits on the number of attacks are set by the two clans fighting--meaning I might not grab much because it's not worth making myself a huge target for retaliation if I piss off all the TKO people and get myself exceptionally fat. At the same time, I'd have to be pretty darn sure I had a reasonable amount of land, as I wouldn't want to be an easy target.

First of all, does this sound like an idea that would be fun? Secondly, would clans respect this war in the same way they would respect two clans that were actually fighting with the goal of killing each other?

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 19:46:07

I wouldn't mind something like that as long as I could A) Grab as many times as I want and get 1:1 retal ratios. And B) No self farming, lol.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Dec 9th 2010, 19:49:49

It sounds like a good idea on paper.

There are so many reasons why it wouldn't work though, one being not all members of said clans would like being hit by the same opposing clan day in and day out.

Another reason would be no matter what, there will always be a clan that won't respect the "rules of warfare".

Could possibly result in disputes on one another and if they aren't as lazy as they seem, war could break out. Both sides have very good netters and even better fighters so it wouldn't seem like such a bad idea in the end haha

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 19:58:46

Well if it does end in a real war is the worst case, looks like I got nothing to lose!
NBK

Popcom Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 20:17:05

would be fun. i would be down!

prob is, people who don't want to war, aren't just against having a country killed.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Twain Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 22:21:40

Well. It's basically a war, but just with different rules, and if this were to become something clans would do, police could still be brought in to prevent other fighting.

And ultimately, just like with other wars, ultimately one side is going to probably get stronger and one side will get weaker until the stronger side is out far enough ahead that they can't be broken with SS/PS by the other side, and then you'd end the war (as hopefully the winning clan would have the honor or fear of a normal war declaration to not just continue to pound the now weaker clan for land).

Again, could be a fun idea.

Twain Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 22:23:05

oh, and K4F, who cares if a side self-farms at that point? It not only weakens your country militarily, but it builds up land as well, so if PAN and NBK did this and we self-farmed. It would make fatter weaker countries for you to grab.

So if one clan wants to self-farm, it'd probably actually benefit the OTHER clan more than it would the clan that's self-farming.

Havoc Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 23:29:14

Was a pretty good joke.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 23:58:37

Well, it is hard to compete with self farming and DR. The plus side of that now though, is it is difficult to do well. The previous sets were easy, not you gotta try :D
NBK

Twain Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 2:35:43

I guess DR's could make the idea tough. Wasn't thinking about that. I would think either self-farming or at least DR's would have to be off limits if a "netting war" was to take place.

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 2:45:54

If DR's werent there, I would have no problem :D
NBK

KeTcHuP Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 5:33:01

I dont put myself in DR. Thats for wusses. Ill take the grabs against me like a man and retal as hard as i can
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Havoc Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 7:29:06

Can i put you in DR?

Also, you playing your 1a country?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Bsnake Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 7:37:49

just sating "netting war" puts a lump of bile in my throat....
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Herr_England Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 10:47:19

What is DR?
Herr England
BSS Minister of Agriculture
AIM:Herr England

~ Blood Soaked Skulls ~

KeTcHuP Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 15:28:53

Havoc i might have to postphone it a set =(. incredibly busy.

And feel free to put me in Dr=P
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

ZIP Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 15:42:08

this was discussed two sets ago in alliance - it never happened but i hope you guys can pull it off as it would be fun to watch.

also with the dr - remember when you attack you come out of dr as well. and if the enemy is putting them self into dr, that is 1 less attack they can make against you too.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Marshal Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 21:00:52

dr = diminished returns

if country has been attacked and then gets attacked again gains are lower than if target hadn't been attacked before and each hit lowers gains get lower until returns are minimums.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

krDeadSkull Game profile

Dec 11th 2010, 7:33:12

I've got a better idea: An AB-Only war.
aim krDeadSkull
icq 601583071

Twain Game profile

Dec 11th 2010, 14:12:51

That actually could be kinda fun, too, but if you're going to go for one specific type of attack, it makes it incredibly easy to defend. PS/SS obviously doesn't limit your defensive needs to one type of military unit.

In theory though, I like the AB-only war. :)

krDeadSkull Game profile

Dec 11th 2010, 16:36:50

Originally posted by Twain:
That actually could be kinda fun, too, but if you're going to go for one specific type of attack, it makes it incredibly easy to defend. PS/SS obviously doesn't limit your defensive needs to one type of military unit.

In theory though, I like the AB-only war. :)

It'd definitely be interesting. The only issue with any of these different takes on wars is the rules. We've all seen what happens when you try to add rules, such as pre-planned wars. And that's just one rule.
aim krDeadSkull
icq 601583071

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Dec 12th 2010, 0:07:47

DR = Divine Retribution!!!! lol I used to run a division named that... yes... me of all people

Kill4Free Game profile

Dec 12th 2010, 1:07:53

I would do a netting war with these rules.

Can only attack opposing clan, ONLY with SS/PS. (Cannot self farm). Limit of 5 hits on any one country a day (Otherwise we would end up landkilling people, I know I would!)

Thank is all. Whoever ends up with the highest net wins. Would have to have equal numbers though for both sides.
NBK