Verified:

crest23 Game profile

Mar 6th 2012, 18:57:28

Originally posted by tduong:
crest, i don't want to doubt your assumptions but how does 25-50k points of tech a day depress prices in a game this big? Maybe in tourney i can see the effects of it but not in primary.

However 25-50k points of tech is still a considerable amount of cash.

As a Demo, you almost have to play the market to take full advantage of the strat. In other to play the market you have to understand it which means you have to study it.

You won't believe hte incredibly feat and risk needed to bring prices up. It cost me about $2.5 bill to bust up oil last set. Over $4 bill to get res/bus techs up. Food was too much too often to calculate. Ok, I wouldn't say it cost me that much, since in most of the cases except for food, indy tech and weapins tech, I made the money back and more. To bring prices up, you have to compete with noobs in that specific market, be it tech, oil, or food. You have to contend with a shrewd player that could be trying to bring it down for their own benefit. You also have to contend with ppl just playing the game the way they know how.

On the other hand, to bring prices down, it doesn't take much. You place a good at the right price and someone comes to play turns at the right time and decides to undercut that price, and it could all go down hil lfrom there. That is the reason some cashers will put res/bus tech on the market real low to trigger a downward spiral in prices. It is probably harder to do in Primary since it takes a 4-6 hrs for it to hit the market.

An example, last set I sold north of 1.5 million tech points in spy at $2999. That is a market that can easily be shot quickly by 25-50 tech point priced low. If I iddn't explore, I doubt anyonw would have known there was a market there in the 1st place.

Edited By: crest23 on Mar 6th 2012, 19:02:54
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 6th 2012, 19:52:16

Originally posted by Requiem:
If JJ was actually selling 50,000 tech point per day at lets assume 1,800 that's 90 million bucks per day. 90 million per day at lets say 25 days is 2.25 billion extra off tech allies.

If what you said was true.

once again more speculation. im seriously done with you crest. make one more stupid speculation and you WILL NEVER netgain again in express or primary. ive tried to talk to you diplomatically via PM and you do not get it. badmouthing me and assuming is a KILLER for you if you want to netgain and be part of the record books.

i like to netgain, but i like revenge more. so therefore i will put my quest to make and break records on hold if it means you get so frustrated you dont want to play anymore.

STOP ASSUMING. this is YOUR LAST WARNING. and i mean it.

i dont know where you get this 50k pts crap. do you have access to my country page, or do you guess and make up arbitray numbers.

i averaged about 15-20k tech pts a day... from my allies. had 2. one didnt really tech. i think he quit midway. the other was moonstone, who dropped me with about 2 1/2 weeks left in a reset.

so for about 15 days inbetween, i got about 20k pts a day.

which i sold for an average of 1800 or so. thats around 36M/day x 15 days. roughly 600M in cash.

cool. i gained an extra 2M nw. but then you factor in over those 15 days i had to pay around 80-100k/tun IN COST to keep the alliance.

15 days. @ 50 turns a day= 750 turns. x 80k turn= 600M. that i spent on this alliance. so gains were neglible.
Originally posted by blid:
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 6th 2012, 19:57:28

and crest, you now have this arrogance and swagger that you think everything you do is so ingenious.

keep talking. seriously. you are not as great as you think you are. but like i said, i dont care as much about that, because i brag probably just as much if not more.

i am warning you. YOU WILL issue a public apology, and you better mean it this time, and stop all your assumptions and speculations. you act like you are being given a choice. frankly, you arnt. unless you dont value netgaining. if you have proof of cheating, then post it. but you wont, because i dont.

and like i said, if you want to know what oceana thinks, then go ask him. ive seen his name post on AT a ton. i dont post there because i dont play that server. i have never communicated with him via ingame or on boards.

like i said. this goes to all of you. stop friggin assuming and speculating. just makes you look like assholes.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 6th 2012, 20:18:13

There were 8 big rep worth paying attention to last set. You were the only one selling tech. From the 12th of January all the way till the 1st of March (49 days). You couldn't know how I figured it out unless you have played an honest set. Well, go to eestats and pull up your country next to all the other reps and you will find out.If you don't get it, that is how everyone know who your country is.

I don't really care whether you play shady or not, but I cannot keep biting my tougue that you come here and brag about your 'accomplishments'.

I don't have anything else to prove here my man. You have until this Express set starts to make me a public apology. Or I will guarantee that you will not break any records in Primary OR Express. And you know I have a knack for finding you. So I will add tourney to the mix. You know my country, come find me. I will figure your country out and come find you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2012, 20:23:20

I asked Oceana what the deal was actually, his response didn't make much sense to me because he had missiles he could've used, but here it is:

Message Body:
Maybe I had no means of retalling on him 4 days ago and since some other leech wanted to 4 grab me he volteered to eat the few missiles I had and was dumb enough to have no troops so it was a free GS.

and now theres another onewho also wants to be a missile -X fluff, can't retall the Grabs but can atleast make them eat some for it.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

NuKeR Game profile

Mar 8th 2012, 1:20:10

TADA

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 18:00:57

Originally posted by crest23:
There were 8 big rep worth paying attention to last set. You were the only one selling tech. From the 12th of January all the way till the 1st of March (49 days). You couldn't know how I figured it out unless you have played an honest set. Well, go to eestats and pull up your country next to all the other reps and you will find out.If you don't get it, that is how everyone know who your country is.

I don't really care whether you play shady or not, but I cannot keep biting my tougue that you come here and brag about your 'accomplishments'.

I don't have anything else to prove here my man. You have until this Express set starts to make me a public apology. Or I will guarantee that you will not break any records in Primary OR Express. And you know I have a knack for finding you. So I will add tourney to the mix. You know my country, come find me. I will figure your country out and come find you.

you will stfu and bit your tongue if i tell you to do so. in this game. its i tell, you do. simple as that. if its not against the rules. its legal. i dont give a F if you think its shady or not. shady is an opinion based on the person. if its not cheating and im not purpled, you will live and deal with it. if you cannot then you WILL NOT play this game anymore. END OF STORY. those are the rules, im not asking you to follow them im telling you that you will. end of story.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 18:12:13

What rule should I follow?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 18:50:02

I don't know crest. I know that when i bit (sic) my tongue i usually end up swearing for at least a few seconds. Not really condusive to shutting the fluff up. I'm also slightly confused since we're communicating through text which is inherently silent so i figure that as the rules do noy state

You WILL NOT type anything

Then you're safe to continue.

Is jj trying jedi mind tricks on us when he's giving the Rules? You WILL think about this and respond.