Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 0:44:21

"
Aug 15, 3:02
Scrap the System (#190): Spies infiltrated your research labs and stole 5304 points of technology!"

Noted

eManny Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 0:45:14

And I got maybe 300K tech stolen. But I spared the guy who stole from me because he stopped after I mailed him =)))

Coulda lobbed 10 missles at him hehe =)

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 0:49:28

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
whelp, I figure that's the best demo farmer->TMBR this server has seen lol.

Congrats on the win oldman!

NWs were horrible this set, but I think some of this has to just due with the building cost change.

Not really, there were other reasons:
1. High tech prices - this causes most countries to be unable to get their techs up, resulting in smaller overall production, less growth across the board, and slower country growth

2. Metgyl, Herbs (2 strong cashers), Rob (strong farmer) quitting the reset early, Crest (strong farmer) entering an early war. Bobby had a vacation mid-set and Serpentor "gave up" mid-set after frustrating days of trying to get his goods sold while oil was $500. LATC, Grimstad also warred each other otherwise they would both be in the top 5. Afaik/Reroll didn't play this reset. If all of these didn't happen, the t10 cutoff would be way higher.

I think Arizona is Viva because there just isn't really anyone else I could think of that could finish that high.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2013, 0:50:45

Reroll hasn't played in forever Xin. He used to be my ally every round and is one of my long-time buds on here but he quit the Jan/Feb set midround (busy/Chinese New Year, he told me) and never came back. My PMs to him are still unread.

Edited By: blid on Sep 3rd 2013, 0:52:52
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:03:43

In other news, we still don't know who Cica was and probably never will.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:04:40

I agree those were the main reasons Xin, but I think building costs has had an impact.

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:05:56

also, I didn't realize grimstad played. That's fantastic! I thought he quit

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:06:41

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:08:07

I guessed that might be him. He was having a good set until LATC ruined it for no reason. I think that's two sets in a row he had people ruin on him. Three in a row if you count him warring over a topfeed. Grimstad is my kind of guy.

Edited By: blid on Sep 3rd 2013, 1:11:17
See Original Post

LATC Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:10:00

Congrats oldman! This makes up for last reset when you were scheduled to win. FYI you're scheduled to win next set also.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

qwertyh Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:20:51

Congrats.

Serpentor Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:24:37

Well I guess it wasn't a total 'give up', but a give up on growing for a better finish, after a several unplayable days. 2 weeks of no grabbing and just cashing was a nice break though.
The EEVIL Empire

Hikago Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:32:50

congrats oldman!
Impreza

Hikago Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 1:35:41

my first top 10 finish after a 9 year hiatus!

just barely made it too lol

thanks to h2o and Xin's advices on destocking!
Impreza

dexsydcol Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 2:14:32

I finished 24th xin...

Chewi Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 2:50:52

Originally posted by crest23:
As Good as tech was, just one techer made it to top 10? CAKE seems to have #shatthebed. I thought he would do much much better.

I screwed up. I should have been able to beat xin.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 2:51:27

Yeah Bobby, everyone that hit me has OAs it seemed. Most of the hits were just OAs logging on and just hitting who their ally hit but not seeing the retals.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

h2orich Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 2:53:38

I think ArizonA is Viva, I spied on him and its his country, 90% sure.

Bobby, Did I steal that from you, or did I steal from you? I gave up stealing tech because returns were so low, probably too early in the game. Someone was consistenly stealing cash from me for about 2 weeks, each op was about 3m and 10 times a day, wonder who was stealing from a poor commie with sub $100 prices and my spal wasnt that bad.

Yes, building cost isnt the way to go for CI, I was cashing -20m/turn my last turn. Well, I just wanted to beat oldman in land so I kept on grabbing even tho it was way past the beneficial stage. I even had 6k unbuilt and 4.5k farms/rigs after I retalled Gogy.

Serp, I did not have oil stock during the oil spike phase, I only had about 1.5-2k rigs and that was definitely not enough, I bought several 100k of $888 and $999 oil. didnt care. Just wanted to grab :P

I'm sick of congratulating oldman for wins. Would rather congratulate those that made it to t10(Hikago) and those who tried playing primary once again and making to t5 (eugene), and ingle for the masters of forgotten GDI.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:01:42

Are you saying Viva = ArizonA = Maricopa County = the guy who ruined my 38-40m set?

Vic Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:06:10

hahhahah congrats again to oldman.
nice work eug! +rich

Vic Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:07:02

wow and to paley as well, great looking sets laf dominated .

would say congrats to xin but i know that's an underperformance for the old pro so i'll wait until he wins again

Vic Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:08:41

oh shiz impreza up there too lol nice

oldman Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:11:30

Thanks all. It was a pretty low nw set. I didn't manage to improve on my best 3 score due to the late 8k retal I ate :( would have finished with 147m and increased best 3 to > 150m.

h2orich Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:13:31

Originally posted by blid:
Are you saying Viva = ArizonA = Maricopa County = the guy who ruined my 38-40m set?

Well, I had no idea Maricopa County was in Arizona until I just googled. And I already told you I wasn't that country that ruined you or any of my friends. Maybe its Viva afterall? I dont know.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:20:53

Viva can't respond, he's been deleted.
And look at st0ny, kicking ass. I guess this isn't Express where you can 'farm' all-jetters.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:24:43

Originally posted by h2orich:
Originally posted by blid:

Well, I had no idea Maricopa County was in Arizona until I just googled. And I already told you I wasn't that country that ruined you or any of my friends. Maybe its Viva afterall? I dont know.
Possibly the greatest set of all time bro. Who'd you get to do it?

h2orich Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:29:20

Does it matter? You wouldnt believe me either way. So, yes I got Viva to do it. -End-

blid

EE Patron

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:43:50

That really hurts, Viva.

euglaf Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 3:56:40

I have been on vacation for 3 days and almost forgot to destock lol.

I had to spend 6b on the public market at like 300/nw. Ohwell.

Also the late retal cost me some nw but I dont care about primary so it doesnt bother me much.

also, primary still sucks.

st0ny Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 5:32:23

Originally posted by crest23:
Viva can't respond, he's been deleted.
And look at st0ny, kicking ass. I guess this isn't Express where you can 'farm' all-jetters.

still getting used to playing in primary... only my second set here after more than a decade . i would still farm an alljetter here if conditions are right. trust me... :D
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

sudark Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 5:51:25

i thought it would have been a better set for farmers. Seems like indy/casher still rules

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 7:18:22

Originally posted by sudark:
i thought it would have been a better set for farmers. Seems like indy/casher still rules

You just didn't have enough land. Look at the amount of land the top 2 countries have. Demo is also a better government for farmers in general compared to Dictator.

Serpentor Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 7:27:45

H2o you bought the $888 oil? Lol That point of the set with impossible to sell units and impossible to afford oil broke me.

This was probably my least favorite set so far.
The EEVIL Empire

PaceBooM Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 8:04:57

I still don't know how to destock.

h2orich Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 8:34:08

Originally posted by Serpentor:
H2o you bought the $888 oil? Lol That point of the set with impossible to sell units and impossible to afford oil broke me.

This was probably my least favorite set so far.

yes serp.. I seriously spent 1/4 of my income on oil everyday. haha. because I went building cost bonus. if I didnt get enough land I wouldn't be able to compete. and gogy hit on me took me down at least 10m nw. not a favourable indy set.. had to undercut quite abit. I couldn't afford my military not selling else I would have overflowed.

anyway enjoy the next set guys. I'm flying off tonight.. woohoo. see ya guys in 2-3 weeks time!

oldman Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 12:32:28

so nobody's coming forward to admit that they ran the country 'absolute'? heh

Serpentor Game profile

Sep 3rd 2013, 15:19:57

Absolutely
The EEVIL Empire

sudark Game profile

Sep 4th 2013, 3:36:48

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Originally posted by sudark:

You just didn't have enough land. Look at the amount of land the top 2 countries have. Demo is also a better government for farmers in general compared to Dictator.

Good point, I might try going Demo next. Going Dict allows you to stay a bit fatter than your peers though