Verified:

tduong Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 1:27:30

because prices are freaking ridiculous due to so many big cashers.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

blid

EE Patron

Feb 29th 2012, 1:43:58

But JJ is going to break the casher record... or if not him, Bohemian or Cats.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tduong Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 2:34:56

JJ probably has better chance.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 29th 2012, 2:36:05

I agree, but my point is that even if prices ARE ridiculous due to big cashers, even the big cashers are setting record marks... everyone is scoring high
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 19:59:23

a few more netters from 1a come to play the solo game?
The EEVIL Empire

tduong Game profile

Mar 1st 2012, 0:53:51

if we can get 2000+ players in a primary game, that'll be a fun game to play.

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 1st 2012, 5:26:12

what is the record for a casher. ill hit probably around 95-98M.
thats it.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 1st 2012, 5:28:56

oldman owns that, I think 113 mill NW.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 1st 2012, 5:30:50

no i wont come close to beating that. without B2Bs topfeed, maybe, but now. not a chance.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

Rob Game profile

Mar 1st 2012, 11:31:07

I wont break 100m either. I really don't know how to stock/destock in primary

blid

EE Patron

Mar 1st 2012, 12:22:15

Remember this set is one day shorter. That's 7m networth there.

oldman Game profile

Mar 1st 2012, 12:26:56

all I can say is that a demo will probably take this set. Food, oil and tech prices were just too high for too long. Military prices were in the low 100s for a long time too. A bad set for CI.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 1st 2012, 14:25:36

#11 is obviously going to be tough to beat. But I would be surprised if no commie reaches 120m. I wonder how much higher #11 can get.

oldman Game profile

Mar 1st 2012, 14:31:47

130m will definitely take the set =)

tduong Game profile

Mar 1st 2012, 18:31:09

Originally posted by oldman:
all I can say is that a demo will probably take this set. Food, oil and tech prices were just too high for too long. Military prices were in the low 100s for a long time too. A bad set for CI.

i wouldn't call it a bad set for CI. I'd say avg. There was only 6 days where it dipped below 120.
If you think about all the cashers that had to buy bushels at $65 and selling at 45 or less. Commies/farmers only have 1 production tech vs 2 for cashers. Commies also need less tech. CIs make the only production that is efficient for netgaining.
Now with the high prices, you can really use that additional income to cover the higher expenses. Since a lot of commies were storing turns during high bushel price inflation, you have plenty of turns to run now with higher prices.

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 3:29:07

Originally posted by tduong:
If you think about all the cashers that had to buy bushels at $65 and selling at 45 or less. Commies/farmers only have 1 production tech vs 2 for cashers. Commies also need less tech. CIs make the only production that is efficient for netgaining.

Not really true that a commie only has 1 production tech. Spy any of the top commies in the top 10 now, you'll find all of them have 170% or higher bus/res techs. That cash is important.

It is the casher that has less production techs, even a farmer keeps high bus/res, because if you calculate it out, it is worth it.

ingle Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 3:37:34

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

Not really true that a commie only has 1 production tech. Spy any of the top commies in the top 10 now, you'll find all of them have 170% or higher bus/res techs. That cash is important.

It is the casher that has less production techs, even a farmer keeps high bus/res, because if you calculate it out, it is worth it.

I don't have 170% buis/res techs...I'm only at 153%~

I'm a fail commie :(

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 3:41:22

commies get +20% tech effectiveness. It's not hard to get there. You know that you buy yoru production tech first so indy tech will be bought by a commie first. Either way, we know that commies are OP.
I wouldn't be surprised if farmers have that luxury this set. Look at the prices.

jedioda Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 7:11:55

Since pm bushels price decrease, it is virtually impossible for a farmer to win

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 12:12:52

Sure, a farmer can win! It just has to grab to 80k while the commies are 60k. :P

ingle Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 12:39:48

commies get +20% tech effectiveness. It's not hard to get there. You know that you buy yoru production tech first so indy tech will be bought by a commie first. Either way, we know that commies are OP.
I wouldn't be surprised if farmers have that luxury this set. Look at the prices.

Actually, at 60k+ acres, it's quite expensive to max out tech, especially with tech floating around 2.5k the whole set.

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 13:07:51

Originally posted by ingle:

Actually, at 60k+ acres, it's quite expensive to max out tech, especially with tech floating around 2.5k the whole set.

so you're just proving my point

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 13:12:17

Sure, a farmer can win! It just has to grab to 80k while the commies are 60k. :P

at the prices farmers had, a smart farmer should be top 3 this set. If I ran farmer this set with these prices. I would've made over 90k acres and over 90 mil net easily. And if i stockpile, it would've been easily over 100mil.
But if i ran a big farmer, i'm sure prices would've been different

jedioda Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 14:03:12

To win you need more than 100 million!

jedioda Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 14:05:20

... And top 3 also

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 14:12:53

Looks like top 3 is going to be about 120m this set.

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 14:51:24

Originally posted by jedioda:

If i ran a farmer this set and stockpile then 120mil net is really not that difficult. I'm sure a lot of people can do it too. This is assuming price is the same.

ingle Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 16:05:34

If i ran a farmer this set and stockpile then 120mil net is really not that difficult. I'm sure a lot of people can do it too. This is assuming price is the same.

There's a big difference between talking and doing.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...for-all-govts-updated-2-1

There are only 16 people who have finished over 100 million nw prior to this set...you aren't one of them.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2012, 16:08:33

Actually only 9 people with some of them like afaik doing it all the time. This set there will be several new members of the 100m club though.

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 16:54:09

There are only 16 people who have finished over 100 million nw prior to this set...you aren't one of them.

lmao look who's talking

ingle Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 17:10:26

lmao look who's talking

Tduong, you said that it wasn't a very difficult task to hit over 120 mil nw. I never said that I could hit 120 mil net as a farmer (or any other strat).

at the prices farmers had, a smart farmer should be top 3 this set. If I ran farmer this set with these prices. I would've made over 90k acres and over 90 mil net easily. And if i stockpile, it would've been easily over 100mil.
But if i ran a big farmer, i'm sure prices would've been different

You also implied that you could've "easily" been over 100 mil net. Again, I simply stated a fact that only 16 countries prior to this have ever finished over 100 mil nw.

I don't understand how if a task is so "easy", that you haven't managed to place yourself there yet?

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 17:19:25

i also said a lot of people can do it too. Anyways, you're just a downer. lol take your down syndrome somewhere else.

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 18:46:39

on a side note, what happened to veni? Not keeping pace anymore. Did he stock turns to sell goods today at high price then goods not sell maybe?
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 18:51:01

ah NM, I see he has been going up and down some, I've just been noticing him at the 100m mark for the last few days and figured he had no gain. He probably just had goods sold every time I look.

I'd have figured his stock would have been bigger though. He should be like 125-130m with the amount of stock time he had.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2012, 19:15:32

He didn't invest in expense bonus.

ingle Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 19:35:48

He didn't invest in expense bonus.

true story. having an offensive ally leech all set is negated by the fact that expense bonus > turns.

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 19:46:17

lol why wouldn't a commie put everything in expense bonus. I could see why a techer would turns or a casher but not a commie lmao.
But we're just guessing. Maybe he has a lot of turns stocked with a lot of cash. Just wait a few hours.

ingle Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 19:52:55

lol why wouldn't a commie put everything in expense bonus. I could see why a techer would turns or a casher but not a commie lmao.
But we're just guessing. Maybe he has a lot of turns stocked with a lot of cash. Just wait a few hours.

tduong, if you don't know what you're talking about, please refrain from making any comments that make you sound even stupider. :)

Or please play a commie and break 100 mil nw and then we'll all listen to your advice.

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 20:05:42

ill play farmer next reset and >100M.

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 20:12:51

Oh boy, no expense bonus. Well, he will next time.
The EEVIL Empire

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 20:16:09

tduong, if you don't know what you're talking about, please refrain from making any comments that make you sound even stupider. :)

Or please play a commie and break 100 mil nw and then we'll all listen to your advice.

lmao stupider!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!
STFU ingle. THE DINGO ATE YOUR BABY!

jedioda Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 20:31:41

Well... tested the expense bonus (30%) with a rep this reset
and it really works well. Even if I decided to not play for the Max NW the 22th of february (and even before) :-), I finish with a good NW.
With a demo farmer, 30 % expense bonus, and bushels at 50 it's really possible to make something good.

tduong Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 21:57:41

Tyranny with expense bonus will be killer

blid

EE Patron

Mar 2nd 2012, 23:39:43

8 countries in the 100m club as of now. My prediction of an all 100m top ten might come true!

afaik Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 0:01:19

nicely done oldman! congrats

oldman Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 0:12:48

Thanks afaik :)

crest23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 0:31:47

lmao look who's talking

Ingle is in the 100 mill club.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 3rd 2012, 0:32:55

Ingle is in the 120m club!

crest23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 0:39:14

Where's the professor at?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 1:08:05

IMO primary has the clearest heierarchy ever in terms of gov/strategy
CI > R cash > D tech > food

I think I re-wrote this rule.

FYI, Demo is a powerful govt. I single-handedly screwed with oil, food, and then tech with it.
The Nigerian Nightmare.